Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Winnipeg homeowners have planned for their Carpentry projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 41 Carpentry projects posted by homeowners in Winnipeg seeking the services of local Carpenters. Total estimated value of these projects is $188,500.00 with a per project average of $4,597.00.
I am looking for a installer to install carpet into rec-room area, space is about 64 sq yards install onto concrete and stairs. I can meet you so you can check space and provide estimate, Carpet is available within 7-10 days of confirmation of cut sizes required. I want work done by end of month but actual date of install is flexible home is vacant until weekend of Sept 24th. I may be reached by cell phone. Thank you
The wood under my living room window is rotten and needs to be replaced. It has happened 2x in the last 12 years, so there likely needs to be some vapor barrier and insulation work done when the frame is apart. I need someone to do the work who is an expert at finding the cause of the rot and doing the carpentry work to finally fix it. I could provide a picture if necessary.
1. Cutting, sanding, staining, putting on 175feet of baseboards in 2 bathrooms, family room, kitchen and main entrance, including a section fo about 7 feet 8 inches of baseboard which will have to be plastic and curved.
2. Creating 2 frames on the floor to secur the 2-48 inch closet bifold doors, hanging 2-48 inchd closet bifold doors.
3. Sanding, staining, hanging doors: 6 - 30inch wide doors; 2-28 inch doors; 1-18 inch door, 1-32inch door. No milling required for hinges or door knobs.
4. Sanding, staining, cutting and putting in a total of 30 feet of 3 inch oak trim around base of kitchen cupboards and 2 bathrooms (cabinet bases).
Require carpentry work (finishing) around the window and drywall work on the same wall where the window is installed. The wall requires taping of the newly installed drywall and repair of one hole in the drywall around the electrical outlet .
Contractor will need to conduct an on-site visit to see what work is required.
Building a 2100 sq.ft. home come spring and am looking for a Finishing Carpenter.
Attached are the plans.
In addition to the standard frame/level/install all inside doors, cut & install all door trims, baseboards, window frames, install hand rails for the stairs, etc. I will also need a custom entertainment unit (similar to pic attached)
House location is in the north part of Winnipeg.
We bought a character home with a beautiful staircase - the railings are beautiful and we want to keep them, but the stairs need to be rebuilt. 16 stairs from the main floor to the second floor, no landing, but a turn with a couple of pie shaped stairs. We would like them done in hardwood. Looking for estimates to start. thank you!
We have a project in which we'd like to replace the staircase in our home.
We have a loft-style upper level in our home. The staircase was not designed properly and has the following problems:
- the railing which goes up the stairs and sections off the upper level of our upstairs is not to code, and has horizontal bars with wide spaces large enough for children to get through. We would like to go with wrought-iron vertical spindles with a wood railing, but open to suggestions on design styles.
- also, the stairs are a kind of 'platform' style, with a landing. The issue is that due to what seems to be a mistake as you proceed down the stairs to the landing there is a large, steep drop on the right hand side (this is not easy to explain without a picture) as the stairs turn the corner. This can be fixed by completely designing a new set of stairs and extending the staircase by 1 step out into our foyer.
There is approximately 14' of railing to replace (up the staircase, and also extending on the second floor of our home). The stairs come down 7' from the second floor (4 steps); at this point there is 3 spiralling steps in a ~3'x3' area; then the stairs extend around 4' with 5 steps.
Please contact me by email if you would like to come to our house to evaluate and quote on the job.
I have a small house (701 sq ft), and my son's room is 9'6" by 7'10". The house is fairly old (I've only owned it since September) I'm looking to have a full sized (double bed) loft bed built, with a desk underneath and room for a futon chair. However, the stairs need .to be shallower and wider than normal so that his service dog, a black lab, can climb the stairs with him. The dog will be arriving in January (we hope).
I also need to replace his closet with a closet organizer system that includes dresser & shelving and I would like to replace his window with a longer, narrower window.
The house has a cottage feel with thin wood, wood floors and a cedar ceiling, so I would like the bed & closet to compliment, but does not need to be fancy.
In addition, I need to replace a large part of the fence for the arrival of the service dog.
I am in the process of applying for a grant to fund, in whole or in part, this work and do need written quotes.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started