Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Winnipeg homeowners have planned for their Handyman projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 47 Handyman projects posted by homeowners in Winnipeg seeking the services of local Handyman Services. Total estimated value of these projects is $138,500.00 with a per project average of $2,946.00.
I am building a 1455 sq foot bungalow in river park south and looking for someone to install flooring. Unsure whether to go with laminate or hardwood, but leaning toward laminate. For the bathrooms and kitchen, vinyl or tile, depending on price. Construction of my home should be started in about a month. At that point I should have a better idea on when the flooring can be installed.
Bedroom closet is full size, but the wall/door does not extend all the way. We'd like to extend the closet door opening so that the entire closet is accessible. The wall is plaster. We want to install sliding closet doors.
There may be more projects required around the house at a future date.
take measurements to facilitate manufacture of custom hinged closet doors (french style)
remove and discard existing sliding closet doors, including hardware and mouldings
install replacement doors and mouldings
55 year-old river heights home with plaster walls
expected to be first step towards replacement of as many as six kitchen/bedroom doors
1. Replace very old tub surround tile with new tub surround, accounting for a window.
2. Replace old sub floor in main floor laundry room, install linoleum flooring, and install drywall (12' x 6' room).
3. Replace linoleum flooring in kitchen.
4. Repair water damage to dining room ceiling on 2' x 3' area.
5. Install crown mouldings in 14' x 20' living room and 14' x 12' dining room.
6. Install baseboards and door frame moulding in dining room.
1. Old Fence falling down. Need new fence, perhaps a black chain link?
2. We have a small leak in our water filtration system. We suspect it is a connection that needs caulking (or whatever you do to a leaky pipe connection)
3. Some tile work. It looks like the guy who installed the tile didn't seal the grouting a couple of places
properly. They probably need re-grouting and sealing again.
4. We would like to discuss if we can make a small balcony enclosure that folds away in the
summer and and folds out in the winter. We would like to have a place where people can smoke
and where we can store some of our perennials over the winter. We are thinking of using a small
space heater when someone is smoking out there.
5. We need the bottom of a door planed so it doesn't catch the rug when we close the door to
6. We need our TV cable rerouted so it doesn't cross a doorway.
7. The shower door appears to be wobbly at the top where it is connected to the tile.
8. There may be a couple of other "handyman" projects that need to be addressed.
We need someone to help us with our "honey do " list in the evenings (4pm-8pm) and/or anytime on the weekend...
Various jobs include:
- painting of a few rooms, hallway and bathroom
- painting of a stucco ceiling
- new baseboards
- bathroom vanity installation (already purchased) including scraping, priming and painting the area around the new vanity as well as caulking
- a quote on a possible new set of patio doors or change to garden doors
I need a handyman in various Canada areas to go to retail stores to install brackets onto a wall. This will need to be done during local Mall operation hours from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. There are 30 stores are available in Canada if you are willing to travel to more. This will need to be done this Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Pay will depend on the number of stores the contractor goes to. Will pay hourly rate and trip charge for each job. We estimate each store to take about 2 hours. You can bid on as many as you can cover from now until Saturday....
All available stores that need these brackets installed.
St Bruno Demontarvil
Hello I'm looking to work with a reliable honest trustworthy integral handyman for work in my rental properties.
Would like testimonials, your experience and scope of experience etc.
From time to time they need repair work or touch up work done.
Please contact me if you fit my criteria.
1. Assess the condition of the plumbing and make necessary upgrades or repairs.
2. Upgrade 60 amp fuses to minimum 100 amp circuit breaker.
3. Install handrail on the stairs leading to the basement.
4. Repair large crack in the stucco by the front door of the house.
5. Repair basement window from leaking. The window well must be connected to the weeping tiles to ensure proper drainage.
Have a desire for a 1-2 safety plugs to be installed in my bathroom upstairs. Also want to replace exhausting exhaust fan with a stronger model that has a light with it as one unit. Exhaust to roof vent with this vent would also have to be checked and secured with possibly additional insulation wrapped around it to prevent moisture leaking down especially in winter, also possibility of existing light fixture replacement.
There are six interior doors to be replaced. The doors have already been purchased and stained and the door handles and hinges have also been purchased . The door sizes are as follows:
1. two doors are 18 inches wide
2. three doors are 30 inches wide
3. one door is 32 inches wide
The casings around these six doors need replacing. The new casings have already been purchased.
We also require the casing replacements around the following:
1. three bedroom windows, two at (3' x 4.5'); one window at (4' x 6').
2. Three bedroom closets; two at 7.5' x 3'; One at 7.5' x 4'
3. One dining room window 5' x 4'
I am looking to hire a professional lawn care company to cut our lawn over the summer. The lawn is approximately 10000 square feet. Would you be able to provide me with an estimate on a weekly to biweekly job, involving mowing and bagging grass clippings?
I will also need to have eaves cleaned and windows washed. I would prefer having one company do all jobs. If you are able to, please also provide an estimate. The building is two stories high with an attic. The house is a historic site and the roof is covered with cedar shake, so extra precautions must be made when cleaning the eaves and upper-level windows.
I have quite a few small Renovations that I've started on my house but haven't found time to finish any of them. I need someone to finish the tapping and painting in my basement. The t-bar in 2 bedrooms. Install a switch at the bottom of my stairs. Some base boards. The vinyl in my bath along with my toilet. And finally the 2 screen doors.
House Build 1970 / L-shaped Bungalow
Wanting to either break down the wall between the kitchen and living room / dinning room or if not able to wanting to 1/2 the wall to give it an open feel
Wanting to update!!
Please give an online estimate - then we will contact to set up an accurate quote in person
I am looking for someone to build a playhouse on site. windows, door,shingled roof, paintable wood siding. i was going to paint it myself and add the finishing touches myself. I have a plan thats 4 feet deep by 8 ft tall, by 8 ftclick here like a price, and how long it would take please
I have gauges to my floors. They are close to the wall. I have the materials to replace the flooring so i am just wondering what is the going rate to replace those pieces. I could send pics.
I also have other small repairs that need to be done: chip in laminate kitchen counter top, stain in small area of carpet, and basic minor repairs to get a rental property in good shape.
I can attach pics.
House built 1911, House Addition possibly around the same time, second floor of addition built in the '70's. Addition has shifted and sunk quite a bit in the last couple of years due to the dry soil. Looked underneath addition, held together by tree logs! Needs to be jacked up and re-supported. Also a few facsia boards need to be replaced on back of house.
Would like it done as soon as possible once the weather warms up or whenever possible.
Wooden Shed 2 by 2 framed aprox size= 8 by 7 ft.
The Shed is currently sitting on concrete sidewalk blocks on 2 sides. The other two sides are sitting on 4 by 4 posts. I would like to have these posts removed and replaced with concrete sidewalk blocks and shed levelled accordingly.
The same two sides may need a 2 by 4 replaced at the bottom due to rot.
I have additional sidewalk blocks, however they are quite large.. for the areas of the Shed that needs to be repair, may require smaller sized concrete sidewalk blocks, but to be determined.
New basement renovation completed 3 years ago including handrail/bannister on bottom portion of steps on one side only. This has been framed and drywalled as well as painted. Features an opening into which wrought iron spindles need to be installed. Also need wood handrail on top and moulding at top and bottom of spindles. Wood type - beech or oak stained to match trim in basement. Have purchased spindles aleady. Am interested in quotes to supply wood, stain, and installation. I need this done in the next 4 to 5 weeks.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started