Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Winnipeg homeowners have planned for their Roofing projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 98 Roofing projects posted by homeowners in Winnipeg seeking the services of local Roofing Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $976,000.00 with a per project average of $9,959.00.
Water is dripping from my bathroom fan. Here are the details:
- The bathroom is located on the 2nd floor of my townhouse (1200 sq ft, built 1976). The bathroom contains shower/bathtub.
- The drips seem to be forming on the outside of the ventallation fan's metal casing. The ceiling drywall near the drips is a bit damp. Otherwise the drywall near the fan doesn't seem damp.
- The drips were coming and going over the last couple weeks, but now they are constant..
- This isn't a problem in our other 2nd floor bathroom, which also has a ventallation fan, but no shower/tub.
- I've looked into the attic previously - the vent stack appear to go out the roof and is wrapped in a sheet of slivery stuff (insulation?)
- I want to make sure there are no moisture problems\roof leaks in the attic.
116 year old home; 2 and a half stories high; 1684 sq. ft. house; 4 sided cottage style roof
Bought the house a year and a half ago. Front quarter of the roof faces south and shingles are very bad. The rest of the roof looked good, but in the heavy winds the shingles and coming off, resulting in some leaking. We don't know if the roof was re-shingled by previous owners.
Can we please receive some online estimates for now.
We would like to build-up our roof to give it more of a pitch. It is currently quite flat and although we are not experiencing any problems in the way of leaks, we would like to explore different options to change the appearance of the house.
At this point, we are looking for online estimates only. Thanks!
1- New Floor:
- Remove Carpets from 7 rooms (total 1550 sq.ft)
- Install new laminate for 6 rooms (total 1250 sq.ft)
- Laminate is at least 12 mm thickness and 20 year warranty.
2- New Roof:
- Remove old shingles from roofs of house, garage,and sunroom.
- Install new shingles for roofs of house, garage, and sunroom.
- The total area is approximately 1650 sq.ft.
the current shingles are starting to lift on the main house. Looking to get new shingles and any repairs that may be needed.
The house is a single story bungalow, exact size is unknown but roughly 19.5 square feet of roof (using house living space 950 square feet).
This is being asked by the owner and prospective buyer
Replace aging shingles on ~980 sq-ft home for owner (me).
~860 sq-ft main house, steep pitch
~120 sq-ft addition, approx. 4:12 pitch
Third peak on front entrance, steep pitch
-Remove existing shingles
-Repair any visible damage to roof (none-expected)
-Install drip rails, roof felt, and new shingles (30+ year)
80' long driveway runs along east side of house (from front street to garage at back of property).
Please send quote via email. Single round of bidding.
I need a new roof for a 1984 mobile home 14 x 72 and insulation. The roof currently has roll roofing on it so would have to be roll roofing again. I would like an estimate as soon as possible so the work could be completed before the snow flies. As I am on a limited budget, it would be nice to have it done as cheaply as possible or even have it financed through a company. Thanks a bunch!
My name is Michael and I am looking into pricing to get my roof replaced. Currently the roof is a 'hip' or 'cottage' roof where all 4 sides and angled to the peak. I want to replace it with a standard roof ( ie flat ends ) to make the space for having a loft type bedroom. the house is ~20'x20' and built in the early 1900's. The house foundation and main floor framing are structurally sound and can easily support the weight as seen in other homes in the area that have a converted attic.
1) Drawings for garage and carport to submit to City
Engineers stamp if needed.
2) Garage roof framing; supply install trusses, frame and sheet roof of
14' x 22', 16" overhangs, 2x6" fascia. Also includes demolition of
3) Remove existing siding to install trusses.
4) Carport. 2x4" dimensional lumber construction, OSB sheeting,
2x6" fascia. includes posts and roof only, no side walls.
5) Supply Install of Certainteed Landmark shingles
6) Wall Flashing Supply Install
7) ReInstall Siding,
8) Aluminum Soffit and Fascia Supply Install
9) Aluminum 5" Eavetrough and 3"downspout Supply Install
We recently had our 22 " X 24 " ft. two car garage ceiling insulated and the contractor informed us that with the new insulation in the ceiling attic, that the exterior roof required the installation of approx. four (4) exterior vents. He suggested a roofing contractor be contacted and arrange for their attendance to properly install the exterior vents as the interior attic will eventually create condensation in the winter/spring months and cause moisture leakage/damage to the newly installed drywall ceiling. The house is only three years old and the project should only be a minimum one day, but I would ask for the interested contractor to physically attend and view the project and provide us with an on-site written estimate prior to hiring.
Hi there! The girlfriend and I live in a small, older (1916) bungalow with about 640 sq. ft. in Winnipeg
Recently we started having water enter the house through the bathroom fan. This seems to only occur when the rain is quite heavy and driving. Here is what I can report:
- The bathroom itself is located against an exterior wall.
- The water doesn't seem to be entering through the fan assembly/exhaust hose. The hose exits on the underside of the roof overhang. As well, when I took the vent cover off, the water seems to be dripping from "somewhere close by" and travelling along a beam and dripping near the corner of the fan cut-out in the drywall. I can't see any visible damage to the ceiling, so the drywall (maybe) isn't getting soaked....
- About the attic: I have one of those fake dormer windows on the same side of the house as the bathroom. This is where I believe the leaks might be coming from. Damaged flashings? I've tried accessing the attic through the little ceiling door in my bedroom, but I don't have access to it due to debris and insulation covering the access door, and I'm too big to crawl up there (lol)
- I want to climb up a ladder and look through the dormer because I believe thats how you gain entry to the attic to insulate, etc. Does this sound right? It's an aluminum framed window complete with screened section. The same style of window on our storm door. The only thing preventing me from looking inside that attic window is that directly below the dormer window runs our power lines connecting the house to the grid. Too scary for me to try myself.
Right now we are down to a single income (mine) and every penny counts. An estimate would be very helpful! Thanks for reading!
Curling shingles at front entrance peak where sun hits, requires attention as well as the back of the house along the roof edge where there is ice build up and there are a few missing shingles on the driveway side of the roof, not the result of damage/wear but a husband standing on the peak of the roof and his boots pulling the shingles
1375 sq foot bungalow...vaulted roof on front,,regular roof with attic on back of house,43 years old...presently has regular shingles but considering metal roof need some idea about cost....and any possible government rebates that may be available....just want a ballpark estimate on line only for now please thanks
I need to replace my roof and eavestrough within two weeks. I've had water come in from the top portion of my exterior door. We were able to troubleshoot and see where the issue is coming from. The eavestrough was poorly done which lead to leak as well as a portion of the shingles deteriorating faster than the others.
I have a renovation project that I am looking to have the roofing on the house and garage re-done, as well as vinyl siding done on both. I am looking for labour and materials quotes and for it to be complete before winter. I have a set budget that must be met. If you are interested in the work, please contact me.
I have a 980 square foot house. I need the house and garage shingled prior to winter 2016. There are some spots on the roof that were soft when I walked on it, so there will be some repair work on the plywood underneath.
It has 1 peak and is the most simplistic roofing job you would come across.
I would like a quote for medium quality shingles and cost per board for fixing damaged plywood sheets, or something similar.
I have a 1984 mobile home, 14 x 72, 1008 square foot, which I would appreciate a quote on supplying metal roofing for it. I am not sure if materials could be supplied as being on a tight budget I cannot afford to have it done professionally by a contractor and was wondering if supplies could be quoted on for such a project. Any information you could supply me with would be much appreciated. Seeing as how I cannot have a contractor do the required work, due to financial matters, I would like to know if you could supply the metal roof and materials required for around $1,000. Thanks
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started