Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other St. John's homeowners have planned for their General Contracting projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 16 General Contracting projects posted by homeowners in St. John's seeking the services of local General Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $1,145,500.00 with a per project average of $71,593.00.
If you're in need of a contractor for your General Contracting project, use our job posting tool to get matched to local pros or browse our directory of Read Reviews of St. John's General Contractors.
I'm fixing up a rental property to sell, I need someone to tear out cabinets and move some electric and plumbing for a dish washer. Then some painting and plastering to finish it off. In the bathroom I need a vanity and toilet replaced, flooring put down, new light fixtures and finishing work. Also some plastering and painting.
Opening up a kitchen by taking out a wall separating kitchen and dining room and partially taking out a load bearing wall to completely open the kitchen. Kitchen renovations will include new cabinets, appliances,flooring and painting and plastering. Bathroom renovations will include new tub enclosure, toilet, sink and cabinets as well as new lighting and any needed electrical changes for the walls that are coming down. I have a kitchen plan drawn out but am already in the process of getting quotes from cabinet companies and am trying to get atleast three quotes for the carpentry work.
I have a 330 square foot 3rd floor (2 bedrooms and a den) of a home in Downtown St. John's which has sloped floors. I'd like to have them levelled. I'd also like to repaint the walls of the 962 square foot home.
There are a couple pieces of siding on the house that are starting to buckle, and I'd like that repaired as well.
Bathtub/shower in upstairs bathroom, there is a leak. When we get showers, there is water downstairs on the cement floor. We think that it maybe the old copper plumbing, don't know??? So, if it is, the tub, tiles etc. shall have to be taken out and replaced by new. This time I would like the bathtub wall surround. Also, we can see water stains under the cushionfloor heading from the tub to the tiolet, we maybe looking at some mould as well. When we look up from the basement, we can see water stained wood under the tub, so that probably needs replacing. Who knows? That is why we need a contractor to look at it and give us a quote.
This project includes the building of a 1/2 story on the back half of roof plus 2 dormers on the front of the house ( dormers debatable). Creation of 2 bedrooms and 1/2 bath in this new build. Approx space 14 * 30
1. Relocation of basement stair access, Close in previous location.
2. Removal of 2 walls in existing kitchen not structurally impacting.
3. Resurface of cabinets - using existing cabinetry - replace doors and hardware, veneer existing cabinets.
4. New counter tops. 5 foot
5. Kitchen island, 2' * 4'
6. New flooring, kitchen 14 ' * 10" laminate
7. Kitchen peninsula. 4.5 feet long standard counter top width.
8. 2 New windows and replacements of 4 existing. ( 3 = 4'*3' and 1 = 1* 2) Casements preferred.
9. Completion of exterior wall with new siding.
10. Replace Shingles on front roof.
House is approx 65 years old and in good condition. Has radiant heating. Heating options of addition to be discussed. Single family lived in, on large lot.
Finishing painting is not needed as homeowner prefers to complete.
We have an older home approx 100 years old that needs renovations on the main level (kitchen, family room, bedroom, bathroom), 2nd level (3 bedrooms and bathroom) and basement ( family/rec room and laundry room). I would need to show the house to get a quote on the work that needs to be done.
I am accepting quotes to renovate a retail location in St. John’s, Newfoundland. Please note, the office is open seven (7) days per week. The work will need to be completed in the evenings/weekends outside of business hours. The area to be renovated is approximately 900 square feet (59’-8”L x 14’-11”). The work MUST be completed within the determined time period.
• Demolition – remove and dispose of front office, as well as any flooring associated with it and the hallways
• Data/Electrical – redistribute data/electrical per new floor plan. Installation of duplex outlets as needed throughout. Installation of pendant lighting. Obtain necessary electrical permit if required.
• 3D Wall panels – installation and painting of 3D wall panels and trim.
• Brochure ledges – supply and install brochure ledges.
• Baseboards – removal of existing baseboards and installation of new baseboards.
• Drywall Patching/Repair – perform any necessary wall preparation/repair needed prior to painting.
• Painting – paint front office, hallways and bathroom.
• Touch-Ups – make any necessary paint touch-ups after completion of all work.
• Flooring – perform any necessary floor preparation/levelling required prior to installing new flooring.
• Flooring – perform installation of new bio-flooring tile/LVT tile in front office area.
• Flooring – add a minimum 2 coats of sealant/protectant to the new flooring.
• Debris – remove all debris from job site from demolition to completion.
Please reply to indicate interest and a full Scope of Work will be provided to you at that time.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
I have a contract with a national retailer to power wash their front entrance mats. These mats are typically 1/2" pvc grille mats that need to be lifted out of the vestibule. The sand/salt debris left behind needs to be cleaned which requires some scraping, and power vacuuming. The mats need to be power washed then replaced.
If this is something you would be able to quote on please contact me. I have two stores that need immediate attention in St John's.
The 74 year old rowhouse is 1580 sq. ft., over 3 levels. Has had a new roof and electrical upgrades to 200 amp service. Non-structural sag in lower level floor requires repair. Requires interior painting. New flooring (laminate and possibly ceramic tile) and finish carpentry work throughout. Kitchen and bathroom require new cabinetry. Considering updating ceilings in upper level. Plumbing work includes relocation of sink in kitchen and updated fixture intallation, and repair (caulking, seals) and possible updates of fixtures in bathroom. May add a 3 piece washroom in lower level. Electrical work includes installation of new light fixtures, new baseboard heaters and thermostats, new light switches and covers for unused switches in electrical panel. Exterior work includes adding bannisters to deck and stairs, and new exterior door. Fireplace chimney requires lining and some brick repair to cap on chimney.
I take possession of this home in late August. I am currently budgeting for this project and require estimates, then will be ready to hire and select materials immediately. We will be living in the house during the time the work will be done. Please contact me through email to arrange a viewing of the property August 28.
References and a written estimate are required.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started