Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Belleville homeowners have planned for their Basement Renovation projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 11 Basement Renovation projects posted by homeowners in Belleville seeking the services of local Basement Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $302,000.00 with a per project average of $27,454.00.
We have a one bedroom, one bathroom basement in-law suite with a separate entrance that we would like to have completed legally into a one bedroom apartment. It is about 600 square feet, I think. We would like to have all structural, drywall and electrical completed (with permits) to pass inspection so that we can do the finishing touches on the area (paint, install kitchen cabinets, tile shower area and possibly install flooring.)
Our house was built in the 80's and we have recently had MOST work completed in the basement area including install of washer/dryer in the bathroom, new drywall on bottom half of most walls (due to dampness and mould) and fire / sound insulation in ceiling with new drywall. Taping and mudding was started but never completed and pot lights not installed but cut into the ceiling. We never obtained a permit to have the demolition work in the basement done and the drywall replaced. We would just like someone to check the work already completed and finish up the job.
We also have a wall in our main living space upstairs between the kitchen and living room (which is load bearing, approx 10-12 foot opening)) that we would like removed or opened up as much as possible, a gas fire place we would like moved to a different wall and drywall completed on one wall, and 2 half walls, where we removed some wood panelling. We would be willing to do some demo and all the painting and finishing touches once walls are mudded and sanded.
Thank you in advance,
We are working on finishing a basement in a raised bungalow/walk out basement style home built in 2013 which we own. We are very interested in doing as much work as we can ourselves to keep labor costs to a minimum and are looking for a licensed contractor that is willing to partner with us to this end. I am a BA/Project Manager by trade and am very open to working against a corroborated timeline to make sure that we (my husband and I) do our part(s) by specified deadlines so we do not hold up the professionals! We also have a great deal of flexibility with when people can be in the house working.
Summary is as follows:
- Permit for finishing the basement has already been filed
- Basement is approx 1300sf. Space includes an 8x8 mudroom, 15x17 bedroom, 3x3 storage room, 8x5 bathroom, a large rec-room (the majority of the rest of the space) and some paintable walls in a utility room. Ceilings are 7-8ft high.
- Framing is complete and has already been signed off on against the permit.
- All modifications needed to venting/ducts has been completed.
- All electrical has been run, requires inspection/CSA sign off by an electrician
- Plumbing has been completed (bathroom, utility room sink) requires inspection/sign off by a plumber
- Once plumbing/electrical is signed, home owners will put up all drywall/close the walls
- Assistance with mudding/taping/sanding may be needed (dependent on cost)
- Painter needed, single color desired throughout (CIL: Artisan White)
- Require installation of cabinetry/counters in kitchenette (spanning approx 6.5ft on top and 4ft on bottom), rec room (spanning approx 8ft, bottom only) and utility room (spanning approx 8ft bottom & 4ft top). We are open to working with contractor's supplier to obtain cabinets dependent on cost (otherwise we'll be taking a trip to IKEA in Ottawa to design/pick everything up ourselves).
- Carpenter needed to create large built in, L-shaped bookshelf (approx 16ft long by 8ft high) using pine, home owners can apply stain.
- Tiling needed in bathroom (shower surround) and back splash in kitchenette. *Would also like a back splash installed in upstairs kitchen at the same time*. Tile will be purchased by home owner. May also need tiling around fireplace (dependent on costs of tiling vs masonry/professional services).
- Home owners will install flooring/baseboards and drop-ceiling tiles as well as face plates/covers.
Please reach out via email if you are interested in taking a look around to provide a quote, as well as any thoughts/suggestions that you may have to help the work progress smoothly. Phone calls may be arranged via email.
Kay & James
I have basement stairs that I would like the reverse, I have a trap door in my laundry room, the stairs are reached by going to
the far wall with only a small space to stand when you open the trapdoor.
They would be much easier from the other side.
Most of the stairs could be reused, steps are in very good shape,..
but it would require a landing to turn to go into the basement at the bottom.
It is an unfinished basement, looks are not a priority just safe practical stairs so I could use the space for storage more often.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started