Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Brampton homeowners have planned for their General Contracting projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 270 General Contracting projects posted by homeowners in Brampton seeking the services of local General Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $11,480,000.00 with a per project average of $42,518.00.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
Want to renovate our basement, would like to find someone willing to work with us, possibly someone semi-retired with the knowledge to show us the ropes. We would like to actually do the labour that we can, but at this point don't know where to start. Our house is 10 years old and have done nothing in the basement. Want to finish walls, get electrical put in, do the floors and possibly add a 3 pc bathroom. Square footage is about 600.
We have had a quote for $18,000.00 just for the labour alone and found that a little steep. We might be a little out of touch with the cost I things but at the same time we're afraid of getting ripped off!!
Please help if you can!!
BASEMENT BATHROOM- Remove section of Bathroom wall and Add Full Acrylic Firberglass shower enclosure in existing Basement Bathroom.
KITCHEN- Convert Existing Laundry room to full Kitchen. Supply and install Standard upper/lower Cabinets, Countertop.Supply and install Sink/Faucet.
UPPER LANDING-Supply and Build Separate Door Entrance to divide First level from Basement level. Add Hand Rail at Basement Stairs
LAUNDRY- Shift & install Washer and Dryer in basement.
FENCE/DECKING- Save and Repair Decking. Level and secure Decking platform, Straighten and secure upper structure. Power wash Decking and Fence. Stain/Seal Deck and Fence. All inside fencing and exposed street side fencing to be refinished.
Complete basement renovation aprox. 1100 SQ FT new basement entrance, and a self contained one bedroom appartment, would require some duct reroutin and new ducting for the appartment.
The basement has wood screwed on walls and ceiling which need to be removed.
See below for additional information:-
BASEMENT & LANDSCAPE RENOVATIONS
Contractors can provide Detailed quotations for each of the following if they which.
1. BASEMENT RENOVATION
Basement ceiling, to be sound proof insulated and closed with drywalls.
Access panels to be installed at every system points require accessibility for control (water, electrical, gas, heating and ventilation, plus)
Basement walls, to be insulated for moisture and thermal transfer barrier.
Basement floor, to be insulated with moisture barrier film, raised and insulated with Styrofoam type thermal barrier and finished with engineered hardwood flooring (bedroom and living room) and ceramic tiles for the remaining.
Bathroom, to be completed with deep type toilet, vanity cabinet with mirror and lights, built-in shower, finished with ceramic tiles through out, and explosion proof light fixture,
Living room: A light fixture switch to at the main entrance to control a receptacle for a side table lamp. The floor is to be of the engineered hardwood type (Style and color TBD)
Kitchen: Cabinets to be of standard quality and in the mid-market price range. Sink to be double S.S deep
Separate switch to be installed for above sink light fixture, and Separate switch and ceiling light fixture in the centre of room, with a second 3-way switch close to and outside the bedroom.
Laundry Room: to be equipped with 220 volt outlet for dryer, basic electrical outlets per building code (max. 6' apart), floor drainage and smock detector connected to the alarm panel.
Layout and arrangements: For Basement complete layout, please refer to the attached. All dimensions noted are reference and adjustments should be made accordingly during construction.
2. SIDE ENTRANCE:
All contractors (if they wish) can provide a detail quotation for the side entrance to the basement on a separate quote. Quotations to include door (owner supplied) installation, and drainage details.
3. LANDSCAPE IMPROVEMENTS
All contractors (if they wish) can provide a quotation, for landscape improvements & (following the discussion with the home owner for his Requirements) on a separate quote.
We have a 90 year old home that we have just purchased and will be acquiring in April. It is in Brampton. It is an oddly shaped home, with the lving in the basement, and addition is added that created the kitchn. We are looking to get complete and small project quotes of different ideas that we have for the home. Ideally we are looking to add an addition to the house. About 14 x 20 feet lower and an upper level above that. We are hoping to add a living room area there. On the upper level we currently have 3 bedrooms and only one bathroom. We would like to have an additional master bath and a proper walk in closet. Maybe an addition of a family room all depending on the cost of additions. We also need a fence around the house and landscaping. But those are not important.
Our main focus overall would be number one creating the master bathroom and a proper bedroom and laundry on the second level.
1. 100 linear feet crown molding (simple - not fancy) for living/dining combo in freehold semi.
2. Small full bathroom reno - remove/replace/resurface tile--new sink/tap/cabinet...new mirror and light fixture, extra cabinet---tub is fine but resurface/cover tile that goes around. Toilet not flushing well---needs to be examined and fixed/replaced/etc.
3. Thermofoil cabinets in kitchen need resurfacing. 30 linear feet including upper and lower. (+ quote on replacing kitchen sink)
4. Installation of over the range microwave.
New commercial plaza
20 ft store front
39 ft deep
office - laminate flooring (after opening)
storage - laminate flooring (after opening)
powder room - laminate flooring
11ft to 14ft wall dividing back from sales floor
studio - laminate floor w/ single sink
sales floor - laminate
paint drywall and ceiling OR install ceiling and sprinkler system
electrical (aproximately 15 electrical outlets)
Please note that back rooms will be left undone.
Please provide a quote including material, website or samples of work, references, turn around time and whether drawings and permits are provided. Please also confirm if you are a licensed electrician or if you work with one.
I would like to combine two bedrooms into one to allow my daughter more access and freedom to move as she is confined to a wheelchair. The merged room would be approximately 9'8" wide by 22'6" long. It includes construction of an L-shaped walk-in closet at one end and the removal of two small closets currently dividing the two rooms. There is a cold air return on the dividing wall and one recepticle. It would also include closing off one doorway and enlarging the other to accommodate a 36" pocket door. I do not know if the dividing wall is load bearing.
I will need to replace the current carpet flooring with some type of hardwood. I can do the painting and some of the pre-work once details are worked out. The main construction work appears to be removing the dividing wall, moving the cold air return and the electrical, plus construction of the new closet.
We have a bedroom about 10x11 feet that we want the drywall removed on the walls, ceiling and closet and new drywall put up, replace electrical outlets, add insulation, crown moulding and carpet removed and laminate floor installed and painted everything. We have some other things we'd like have done is spackle/caulk 5 door frames and then paint the 5 frames, another bedroom spackle/caulk the crown moulding and baseboards and paint the room which is about 9x11 ft. Also install a shower rail in the bathroom.
Hi there, I am looking for a contractor to build a below grade entrance for my basement from the exterior of my house. This basically includes the cutting of the concrete and placing a door there, also digging and making stairs. Please note that I would also need drawings provided to get a permit (or if the contractor takes care of that part - even better). Please call if this is something you would do. Thanks
We're looking to renovate the top floor of our 2 1/2 story 85 year-old home. We've had professional drawings done, which we will be submitting for permit shortly. The job involves:
1) Exterior- building shell (new roof with dormers and windows)
3) Building internal staircase (all other internal work will be done by me)
I can send you the actual drawings to get a more precise quote once you've expressed some interest.
We're looking to start in the next month or two, and we want the shell done as quickly as possible to minimize the chance of rain damage on the rest of the house.
1. ensure all mechanical, electrica, plumbing and structural items are in proper working order
2. power wash interior warehouse floor
3. removal/demolotion of shipping office
4. paint and tile existing office area (apr. 2,000 square feet)
5. extend block wall to full warehouse roof height to provide for one hour fire separation
6. construct 2 washrooms (1 existent to be demolished), 1 male, 2 stalls, two sinks, tiled floor and walls painted with
appropriate lighting and fixtures
Contractor must obtain building permit before starting project and must obtain occupancy permit at conclusion of project
HI! I am buying a 35 yr old house...it needs a lot of work and i need expert opinion on it all at a reasonable price. Plumbing, some roofing, weeping tiles install, basement mouldy walls removal, checking insulation, removing the old furnace and windows, garage door fixing...and maybe the foundation of the wall has water under it (might explain why there is mould on the concrete wall as well.) I would love to have a consulation and an estimate abt all of this. ONE SHOP STOP...an expert with infra-red cameras would be fantastic!!
- Re-wire Electrical Panel to supply more power to the overall house
- Install lights throughout entire basement (track lighting or 12 lights)
- Install (3) Floor Heaters at doorway, waiting and staircase area
- Wire back (L) room of house for:
o Heat Table
o Coke Fridge
o Dessert Display Cooler
o Under counter Dishwasher
- Wire back (R) room to house for:
o Prep Table
o Ice Machine
- Wire office for P.O.S system, internet, printers and security monitors
- Wire electrical for 2 floor heaters or 1 block heater
- Wire electrical for a window air conditioner system
- Run electrical possibly for our sign on the front slope of the roof
- Install gooseneck lights at the front of the house (3-5 qty.)
- Install exterior sconce lights around the house (5-8 qty.)
- Rough in for (2) Employee Washrooms [size: (5X3)]
- Run plumbing for a Ice Machine, Hand sinks, (2) Dishwasher and a 3 Compartment Sink in Prep Area
- Finish HVAC system, to provide heat to basement and first floor only
- Relocate all 3 ducts to heat front counter, waiting/lobby and front entrance area
- Change 3 windows to non-open or just fully close up and seal windows off
- Chimney Removal + Re-vent water tank outside (currently venting through chimney)
- Gas meter will be relocated outside and although Enbridge will be moving the meter we are responsible for having the supply lines reconnected to the equipment after move is complete
- Basement leak resolution, damp floors etc.
- Level basement concrete floor
- Remove Chimney
- Open (L) window to convert and install garage door
- Remove the Left side of the load barring wall (reinforce the beams as per required by city bylaw)
- Open Side window to access trailer parked outside to receive food into the building for takeout
- Fix faulty individual steps/Removal of staircase and install of exterior steel staircase/Removal of staircase and install of interior spiral stairs to reach second floor
- Removal of 2 small windows and replace with much larger window options, to be used to display open signs, promo material, showcase products/brand
- Chimney removal
- Install of eavestrough around the home with drainage system in place to drain far away from the home
- Paint entire roof
- Install and secure sign to the front part of the roof
I am looking for a quote on creating and installing a signage for one of our new location as well as custom build some signage for warehouse floor as the building exteriors:
2 signs states the company name and logo on the building.
Meeting/mustard point sign
No food or drink behind this point
Business hours by the main door
Floor plans and you are here signs
Shipping and receiving sign(s)
I have bought a 4800 sq foot fixer upper in brampton. Need to remove some walls, add beams. Rebuild inside of the house and add a two car garage.
I will supply most of the finishing items like kitchen cabinets, hardwood floor, tiles, bathroom fixtures, doors, baseboards, mouldings, trim etc.
We are planning on renovating our home which was built in 1951. We are looking at adding an addition of a garage with a family room above it. The size we are thinking is about 16 by 25. We also want to renovate our kitchen and open up the main floor (open concept). We then would like to change the upstairs layout which is 4 bedrooms, into 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
We are planning for 2013 sometime around august to november but are flexible. We want the job done right and are going to look into references and get multiple quotes. We are planning a large reno and would like to work with a trustworthy company that takes pride in their work. If this sounds like a job you may be interested in we would like to hear from you and maybe get a quote.
Thank you for reading this.
I am looking for a contractor taking full responsibility in doing everything for small fast food restautant from scratch. Right now the property is empty. Three sinks, stove and vent hood and counters need to be installed. Some electrical work is required. Painting and some drywalling has to be done.
Please contact me if you are capable of doing this at reasonable cost for first time starter.
I have a huge bedroom (21'x13') to be converted into two rooms on second floor. The newly created hallway will need electrical done to install lights.
I would also like to remove rug throughout floor and install approx 800 sq ft of engineered hardwood.
Please provide your best estimated quote.
I have an area in my sewing shop in Brampton that I would like to turn into a back room:
-The space is 10' x 12'.
-The area has two walls currently, therefore only 2 walls need to be built. One is 10' and one is 12'. The 10' wall will have the door for the room entrance.
-I would also like a closet added to the area that is being framed, including a regular door for the closet.
-The whole room will have to be painted, including doors, and vinyl baseboards (no ceilings)
-Please include baseboards for the new walls in your quote, how long it will take to complete, when services can be completed, and total price for the project.
- The building is 30 years old.
Should you require any further information please don't hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your time,
We are looking to do a small project. We want to create a passthrough in the wall that is dividing the dining room and family room. The top of the passthrough we want it to be an arch and a column on both ends. I believe it is a non load bearing wall. We are also open to ideas and suggestions as well.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started