Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Markham homeowners have planned for their Basement Renovation projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 76 Basement Renovation projects posted by homeowners in Markham seeking the services of local Basement Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $3,327,500.00 with a per project average of $43,782.00.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
Its a seven year old house.The garage is seperate (detached) so we have more space below. Bathroom rough in is done. We have a gas furnace . ITs approxiamately 800 sq foot ( i dont know how to measure it properly). I prefer er a open concept. Would like to have a,a 3piece bathroom(shower,toilet and sink) .
I have a 5 year old detached house (2000 sf) in Markham. I want to furnish the basement so that I can have an office/library and kids will have a play area. NO bedroom, NO entertainment center, NO washroom is needed in the basement. so it is a plain simple project. I plan to do the basement project in July/August.
Hello, I am looking for a quote to build a 13 Ft X 8 Ft wall in my basement with an opening for a sliding door. It would need to be drywalled (taped, muddled and sanded). The new wall would extend from an existing finished wall to an exterior finished wall. The new wall would run between two ceiling ducts that are covered by drywall.
complete basement reno for 2800 sq ft house, 3 years old. wish list includes bedroom/walk in closet, work out room, plenty of storage space for large items, walk in pantry, large living room with built-in units for toys, eating area with counter height table, microwave, bar fridge and sink (no stove or vent needed). hardwood or cork flooring with radiant in floor heat. drywall ceiling with pot lighting.
I have a total of 1000 sft of space. I want 1 bedroom with berber carpet and a closet. I want 1 full washroom with a standard shower, tub and sink (laminate counter) and ceramic tiles (12 x 24). I want 1 basic MDF kitchen with a sink and laminate counter (18 linear feet (L shape). I want ceramic tiles (12 x 24) in the kitchen area. I want laminate everywhere else. I want 1 wet bar with a sink and granite counter. 20 pot lights in total. Oak staircase. Paint throughout.
Approx 1350 sq ft
House 2 years old
Located in Markham, Ontario
Basement walls are studded with 2x4 and walls were spray foam insulation, Ducting is also framed in.
Bathroom is also roughed in and framed.
What we are looking for is the following:
1. Play area for our daughter with a TV
2. Entertainment area
3. Wet Bar
4. Possible game area fooseball table or ?
I have unfinished basement that I would like to be renovated. The house is about 11 yrs. old. The basement is about 500 square ft approximately. I would like to have a kitchenette and a bar, home office, iving area, bathroom (toilet bowl and sink only). Engineered flooring, Cabinets in the laundry area, tiling . etc. etc. etc.
Looking for an estimate to do the following:
1. A new bathroom in the basement
2. A new kitchenette in the basement
3. A separate side entrance from the side of the house to the basement
This is an approx 24 years old linked house in Markham (Highway 7 & McCowan). The basement is approx 800 sq ft. There are 4 rooms in the basement. 3 of them are finished. The 4th one, which is currently the laundry room, is unfinished. The basement currently does not have any bathroom or kitchen. We want to setup a new bathroom in the unfinished laundry room. There is sufficient space for it. Please note that there is no rough-in but all the drainage pipes in the house terminate in this laundry room and connect to the external sewage line from this room. We also want to setup a kitchenette in one of the finished rooms. Finally, we want to create a separate entrance to the basement.
Please specify whether you provide free visit for the initial site inspection.
Looking for estimate only at first will complete renovation within 3 months:
Apx 1000 sq basement renovation project to include:
bathroom sink, toilet and shower
Small kitchen counter with sink, stove outlet and fridge
Section off a storage room, with door
Section off the furnace room, with door
Remainder walls to be drywall
Additional electrical outlets and pot lighting
We have a new home about 3 years old, 2680 Sq. feet, basement is unfinished with rough-in for full bathroom. We are looking to finish our basement with the following.
1) Bedroom Suite
2) Full Bathroom
3) Office Room (Den) - With half wall / book shelf
4) Living room combined with entertainment room.
Looking for a contractor to finish my basement, approximately 500sqft
existing basement is as per the attached pdf APexistingbasement.pdf, my current plan is to finish it similar to the attached pdf APnewbasementupgraded1.pdf. Plans are general for a general layout only but include:
- relocating the washer, dryer and utility sink to next to the furnace and enclosing it, leaving it unfinished. There is an existing plastic drain that location to tie into. Access by double doors, will need lighting, high voltage for dryer, and dryer venting. Can use existing utility sink
- closing up the electrical breaker and having some sort of panel or door to access the breakers
- closing up the furnace and hot water tank with 2' of clearance, access by door. existing drain may need to be trenched about 1'
- storage room finished with laminate flooring, flushmount lighting
- exercise area and media area to be carpet, lit with pot lights
- including some conduit piping to be able to hide the wires from the TV to the corner of the room
- one steel column to be enclosed by drywall
- stairs to be finished, wood veneer steps with drywall risers. Underside to be finished as well to make a cubby hole. Simple child-safe light fixture, either recessed or wall mounted
- flushmount light at the bottom of the stairs
Separate price for wet bar which includes:
- stone countertop with pre-fab stainless steel undermount mini sink
- base with cabinets and space for a 2' bar fridge. Bar fridge will need a receptacle
- two GFI outlets at both ends
- two floating shelves spanning 8' (top one may need to be interrupted depending on the height because of the existing window)
- 8'x18" glass backsplash, also considering full height/width faux stone veneer
design is a general layout only, price must include all reasonably expected costs for a turn-key solution.
Construction can start beginning of May, complete no later than end of July.
We are at Markham and planning to have our basement done. We would like to have a very simple renovation in order to make use of the space at the basement. We just want to have the drywall, ceiling and flooring done.
My house space is 1800sq ft and the age of the house is 5 years.
Please advise us.
I am looking to get my basement renovated over the winter. The basement is presently unfinished with no rough-in for a wash-room.
Basement Size - 650 Square Feet
Height 8.5 Feet
*Open Concept - No Bedroom or Kitchen
*Washroom with stand-up shower, sink and toilet
*Sub floor with foam underlay & laminate flooring
*Framing + Drywall
*9-10 Spotlights & 5 receptacles
Looking for basement finish for ~750 sq feet open space + 60 sq powder room. Require framing, dry-walling wall & ceiling, flooring, 6 electrical outlets, 12 potlights, and powder room plumbing & fixture installation.
Owner, 6 year old home. Builder pink vapor insulation to ground.
10 year old home:
Please submit estimates only
frame and drywall three separate rooms
build a 3 piece bathroom
cork flooring or ceramic flooring
900 sq. feet
sink area for television room
We are in the planning stages and once we are given the estimates, then we'll decide whether to continue.
We have a 0.5 bathroom attached to our masterbedroom(1st floor of our home). The bathroom has a toilet , vanity and sink. We're looking to expand the bathroom to include a standing shower in addition to the existing toilet seat and sink.
We may have to replace the existing sink with a smaller sink so as to enable that the elements (Standing shower, toilet and sink) may fit in the proposed expansion of the bathroom. Looking to put new tiles (flooring). The existing floor is covered with a laminate sheet only and can be peeled off easily.
Looking to get quotes for the above job.
I've just bought a resale home that requires quite a bit of skilled work.
Here are the general details of the work needed:
1. Flooring throughout (Carpet to Hardwood - approx 2000 sq feet); Stairs will also need to be replaced;
2. Painting (Removal of wall paper in in family room, foyer on main floor and 2nd floor);
3. Refinish kitchen (ideally re-stain the current cabinets to keep costs down; unless there's an economical way of changing the cabinets, I'm open to that too; Change counter to granite).
4. Full refinish of basement (approx 1000 sq ft, demo the current rooms, add bathroom with standup shower, kitchen with breakfast bar, add bedroom; everything else will be open area). To maximize space, may want to move the location of the furnace and switch from water heater tank to tank-less.
Location: Markham (Markham Road and 14th Avenue).
Looking to start work mid-to late January, 2013.
Planning to renovate my basement of a 2-year old house. There is no existing renovations, so it start from scratch (in other words, that's how the builder gave me the house).
Roughly about 900 sq ft. basement.
I am looking to have the following in the basement:
1 or two bedrooms, 1 mini to mid size kitchen, 1 bathroom, and 1 living (watching TV) area.
Here are some extra notes:
1. Most likely I need to move the furnace set to another area.
2. Flooring will Tiles
3. All HVAC, Electric and Plumbing work MUST BE DONE BY LICENSED INDIVIDUALS
4. basement ceiling must use soundproof insulation
Here are extra options that I am thinking:
1. Use Bluwood instead of regular plywood for framing and stud
2. Spray foam insulation instead of the traditional version
3. Use concrete board instead of water resistent drywall in bathroom shower area.
4. Use Soundproof drywall instead of regular drywall for the basement ceiling
I am seeking a lic. contractor to finish a basement which I will be using as a home office. The basement is L shaped and I haven't decided if the entire basement will be finished or just one section. I'd prefer the entire basement if costs allow. The design will include 1 wall with 1 door to separate the two rooms.
The total square space of the basement is about 750 with the smaller room being 300, and the larger 450. There is a corner stair case in the corner, furnace, sink, 3 small windows and a rough in for a fireplace (can be sealed over). I do NOT want a kitchen, bedroom, bathroom or other special features, but I do want it to be in "ready to use" condition when finished as a home office.
Terms and conditions:
- I require a fixed price quote.
- I would like to order material before April 30 from HomeDepot as I have won a 20% discount card on any single purchase (I hope I've provided enough time?)
- Contractors can provide a rough estimate, but I will only select a contractor who has seen the basement first.
- Cleaning and removal of existing garbage from the basement might be part of the job (sorry its a mess down there).
Thank you, and I look forward to using my new office!
I appreciate an estimate for finishing my basement which is a townhouse 700 sf unfinished basement in the middle of a raw of townhouses. It is a straight forward basement with fernece, AC and hot tank water are grouped next to the stairs and the rest of the space is rectangle. It has no rough ends for the bathroom, a couple of small windows in one end and the other end has the cold room corner and a suitable space for a bedroom i.e 3.5 by 4.5 meters. The rectangle space is divided by two supporting walls to 3 areas. One end is the bedroom and the cold room corner. The middle could be a bathroom and an office area facing the stairs and the storage / utilities area (hot water tank, the AC, etc). The other end is the largest space with washer and dryer in one corner. I am planning to setup a TV cabinet, use it for sitting and playing for my kids. So I want to setup a bathroom which needs extension for plumping pipes and ventilation, plus a bedroom. I want to extend the isolation from mid of the walls to the basement floor. Also, I want to use wood floor with rubber base that allows air circulation . I want to extend the AC opening from the ceiling closer to the basement floor .
What is the estimate cost and time for such project with reasonable and basic finishing quality material?
Please email me if you are interested in this work?
Thank you very much for your responses.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started