Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Milton homeowners have planned for their General Contracting projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 51 General Contracting projects posted by homeowners in Milton seeking the services of local General Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $2,737,500.00 with a per project average of $53,676.00.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
I'm interested in getting some quotations from contractors for building a Retail Showroom for Flooring & Kitchen supplies shop to the city approved drawing spec in Milton, ON. The total premises of the unit is about 2500 Sq.Ft, however, on this only approximately 900 Sq.Ft area are to be designated for showroom. In this area, the followings are required: partition walls, T-bar drop ceilings, a small office and modification of existing washroom to barrier free washroom and push button operational door accessories for barrier free entrance, etc. This job is to be started in Mid February 2016.
Please advise on time frame and cost for: -
-complete work & installation and ready for operation.
- Country home roughly 50 years old
- About 2,000 sq. ft. of floor space/2 storey/3 bathrooms/4 bedrooms/family room/dining room, kitchen/office
1. Full gut to studs (plaster drywall/ hardwood floors/foyer tile, kitchen tiles, all subfloor, kitchen cabinet, bathrooms, insulation, gut partially finished basement, disinfect full house
2. Design layout/3d-renderings to guide renovation and obtain permits if required.
3. Take down kitchen wall to create more open layout.
4. install new breaker panel and upgrade electrical service to 200AMP (from 100 AMP), rewire, install potlights, new boxes/switches/sockets (must be ESA certified electrician)
5. Fix plumbing issues (e.g., leaks, unvented pipes etc.) - licensed plumber
6. new kitchen (neither too high end nor basic), new laundry (existing layut needs to be reworked), new 3-piece baths bathrooms (3), installing new subfloor, installing new hardwood, new drywall, new insulation.
7. patch some foundation cracks (not structural) and fix grading issues around the house.
8. remove existing insulation in roof and replace with R50 cellulose insulation, fix leaking roof vent flashing, install soffit vents, install avalanche guards on metal roof (roof is new), remove old and install new eavestroughs and downspouts.
9. Replace flat roof over garage (roughly 21ft by 35 ft).
Please provide cost by line item where possible.
Looking for project to be completed in 6 to 8 weeks starting around mid-march. Must be fully insured.
We are looking at purchasing a 40 + yr old home.
It does require a large amount of up grading/repair/replacement etc.
We were wondering if someone could come and review the house and give us cost estimates.
Is the house worthwhile repairing/upgrading?
We are also concerned re the potential of mold in the residence.
- 3 story townhouse with no basement (patio over garage) will be built by Mattamy, closing on April 21, 2010
- main floor needs to be converted into a separate unit by the contractor we hire.
- Mattamy will be adding and finishing a large bedroom, ensuite bathroom with shower, closet, staircase, and all rough-ins for an unfinished laundry room.
- The contractor we hire must convert the unfinished laundry room into a very small kitchen, and convert a powderroom into a laundry room (including stacked appliances).
- must also convert a cubby area to a laundry area for the second floor unit.
- a basic staircase must be built from within garage to second floor deck above garage (this is 2nd entrance for upstairs unit)
-a solid doorway must be placed on stairlanding to separate units
- other storage systems / shelving must be installed. - a 9-page pdf with basic diagrams of design etc. can be supplied to anyone interested in quoting (send me your email address)
- we already have all appliances
- work must be to code with all permits etc.
- Happy to meet you onsite (house is in framing stage now) pre-quote
- due date for quotes is Feb 15 / 2010.
Thank-you in advance for all quotes.
Our home is 7 years old with a private dining room set off from the kitchen. I would like to have the wall between the dining room and living room torn down to create a more open concept main floor. We already have hardwood flooring in the dining room but would need to have hardwood put in the living room once the wall is removed. The dinning room needs to be repainted. We are also interested in replacing the carpet in our upstairs hallway with hardwood.
Removed old baseboard heaters on wall. Need to replace old dry wall and fix up the wall.
Need to remove old metal Air conditioner frame (Just the metal frame - the guts are now gone) - This metal frame goes all the way to the outside of the house. Need front of house closed with plywood and insulated inside.
Note: There is one electrical outlet above the metal box, ideally this can be moved vertically downward a bit when new dry wall is put in.
We are just beginning some home renovations, including a planned basement, but before we do that, we need to get some of the stuff that we've stored downstairs into a different space.
We are looking to have a loft built in our two car garage, using as much available space as possible while still allowing us to use the space for a car and a van.
We would like the loft to be accessible by a retractable ladder, if possible. We are open to creative solutions!
We have a kitchen reno that is aiming to be completed before Christmas.
We have hardwoord floor going in as well....
We have a masonry quote to brick up a window
We need a General Contractor who can do the drywall (move a doorway) / prep for the kitchen fo rthe cabinets - help us with the window........
Happy to have you come by!
Our home is 3 levels with no basement, so our ground floor consists of our entry way, storage room, laundry room and "Nanny Suite" which doubles as our home office. We are the home owners.
1. Laundry Room is currently unfinished. Total room (not including the wall of waterheater,etc. is approx. 8 ft x 5 feet. We are looking to have our laundry room done from top to bottom in a basic fashion but to provide for more space (overhead cupboards, etc).
2. The hallway is to be painted and possibly have hardwood installed popcorn ceiling removed.
3. The office will have the carpet removed and new flooring installed and painted with the popcorn ceiling removed.
4. New lighting to be installed on ground floor and upstairs. 2 Fans to be installed.
Crown Mouldings: Installation with Painting : 5 inches .. Approx area = 475 to 500 LF
Hardwood And 5 in Baseboard Installetion : Approx area is 900 sq ft and base board is around 600LF
Wainscoating : Approx area : Installation 100 LF
ChairMouldings : Approx 300 LF Installation
- install hardwood floor @ 700 ft^2 + base boards
- paint walls in 4 bedrooms and hallway
Possible: renovation of ensuite – separate quote
- color change on 17 steps;
- ceiling repair, stucco @ 240 ft^2
- drywall repair in laundry room; 2 walls + ceiling and paint (6’ x 7’)
- powder room some drywall repair and paint
- wall 10’ x 9’ to be removed and 2 columns installed;
- carpet remove and hardwood floor install @ 380 ft^2
- paint all walls
Possible: main floor + kitchen tiles remove @ 500 ft^2
- kitchen new tiles install @ 280 ft^2
- hallway hardwood floor install @ 220 ft^2
- sub floor and laminates install @ 800 ft^2
- minor drywall repair
- paint walls and ceiling
- drywall install, @ 50%
These are general description; please contact us for more details.
Build a yoga studio in 3000 sqft area which will have a 1000sqft of yoga room with natural flooring (bamboo or cork) with the heat of 40C at humidity of 40%.
Needs to have seperate men's and ladies room
Men's room: 2 shower stalls, 1 toilet, 1 urinal, 1 vanity
Ladies room: 4 shower stalls, 3 toilets, 2 vanities
Reception area with work desk and storage.
We are looking for a contractor to look after the replacement of a hydro pole that's on our rural property in North Milton close to Acton. The pole is currently in a cement block but is rotting and leaning over. We are on the escarpment so you can only dig down about a foot until you hit solid limestone. We need a new pole put up and the hydro & utility lines transferred to the new pole. We need it done fairly urgently as we're worried it's going to come down completely with some high winds. The pole is at the side of our house and approximately 150 feet from the road.
Our house does not have a door that goes from inside the house directly to the garage. We are looking to have a door cut through the wall into the garage, the door installed and steps down into the garage. We're assuming the grade will permit this as we live in a semi-detached and the house attached to ours has done this project already.
I am looking to rearrange and add to my existing kitchen as well as completely finish my basement (no kitchen or bathroom needed). Please feel free to contact me to schedule and estimate.
I would rather use my existing cabinets if possible. They are 4 years old from Mattamy. I will also need to add a double pantry and re arrange the counter/sink. As for the basement, it is a simple framing and finishing with 3 rooms (home theatre, storage and furnace/cat litter).
The house is a new house completed in the fall of 2008. Need to upgrade the standard materials installed by the builder.
I need a backsplash and granite counter tops put in. I also need a new hood and pot lights installed.
I need hardwood installed on the main floor and the staircase stained to match. The space is about 700 sq. feet.
Finally, i need new lights and granite counter tops installed in my master bathroom.
We are looking for a professional to install our assembled kitchen cabinets.
Wall cabinets are 36” high. Base cabinets are standard 24.5” depth. Cabinets are cherry colour with dark glaze // maple // ” plywood. Inside of cabinets is stained to match. Drawers are soft-close (all hardware is attached – ie. Hinges, drawer sliders) . We are looking at roughly a 9’ x 11’ space. We have 7 wall cabinets, 1 pantry, 4 base cabinets, 4 filler pieces, 1 x 9” base tray cabinet and the dishwasher cabinet. We also plan to use two extra base cabinets for the island. I will be working with Elite here in Milton for the granite countertop installation.
Any information on pricing, time required to complete job with the potential start date of April 30th would be greatly appreciated.
Looking for quotes on the installation of LVL's in 2 areas of a the main level kitchen. Beams will be supplied and delivered to the site. Your task is to open up ceilings, prep for installation of beams, install beams, close up ceiling and wall drywall and prep for paint, paint all affected areas.
House built in 1982 - requires new kitchen (configuration, counters/cupboards/appliances) including window fixes (two small venting windows to be removed /filled in) replacement window for kitchen and living room. Venting needs to be put in for powder-room. Maybe new floors - cork for kitchen instead of ceramic, hardwood for hallway/dining/living. Basement wall moved to be a) corrected and b) maximize space. Maybe hardwood or carpet upstairs. New Garage door with opener. Currently there is an ill placed fireplace - would love to move it - or change it to a gas insert . All have been listed in order of priority. We will need to purchase appliances - gas stove, french door fridge, over the range microwave, dishwasher.
We would like to open up the space on our living room and dining room. The work to be done is installing a support laminated beam (3 of 2x10's) across with 2 supporting studs on each side to transfer the weight from the studs to be taken out (3 studs).
WE are looking for a contructor/handyman to do the job right, we would like to know how they will do it and making sure that they will install a temporary support before removing the 3 studs that is bearing some weight above it. Should be experienced on doing this kind of job.
The electrical plugs that is on that wall will just be disconnected and there's nothing else on that wall. (the air return will be on the floor to be covered by grill as it is).
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started