Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other North York homeowners have planned for their General Contracting projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 31 General Contracting projects posted by homeowners in North York seeking the services of local General Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $2,081,000.00 with a per project average of $67,129.00.
If you're in need of a contractor for your General Contracting project, use our job posting tool to get matched to local pros or browse our directory of Read Reviews of North York General Contractors.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
Here it is.... the house is over 100 years old and needs some fixing up. The previous owners renovated the basement but left the furnace room out of it. the room is bare blotchy with holes concrete or cement walls that are not properly framed. It needs to have the holes patched or covered and then insulated framed and drywalled. the floor needs to be repaired as well to make it liveable. The other room that needs attention is the storage room it has the same issue as the furnace room. We also have some small odd jobs like repairing the roof on the flat part of our house it has a hole that is leaking inside the sunroom. We also have an issue with our bathtub not draining properly so that needs to be addressed as well.
Our house is a 1000 sq. ft.. bungalow with a high basement. We have demolished our basement due to moisture problems and did "waterproofing" from the inside (dimple board, weeping tile and sump pump). We now want to:
1. Insulate and finish our basement (upgrade electricity, lighting, new HVAC ducts, plumbing, stairs to ground floor, new windows and doors, and wall/floor/ceiling finishes) - living room, recreation room, full bath, kitchen, and a laundry room.
2. Demolish, insulate and finish our main floor (upgrade electricity, lighting, new HVAC ducts, plumbing, stairs to first floor, new windows and doors including increasing existing openings, and wall/floor/ceiling finishes) - powder room, kitchen, dining room and living room.
3. Add an additional story (1000 sq. ft. new construction) with a pitched roof (cathedral ceilings with 4 skylights) - 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, walk-in-closet and a laundry room.
4. New detached single car garage and driveway.
I have a bungalow and planning to remove load bearing wall in the basement.
Length of the wall is around 28 ft (block wall).
Would like to replace with flush beam or LVL.
Looking for an engineer/architect quote for drawings and building permit.
I have the old blueprints from 1959.
Looking to remove all structural walls on the 1st floor of my town home.
Contractor must have extensive knowledge and experience dealing with these kind of structural changes.
I already have a structural engineer and based on the report given, the project will require the installation of:
1. Two 17'9" W8x24 steel beams or 3-ply 1 3/4" x 14" LVL
2. One 10'7" W6x25 steel beam or 4-ply 1 3/4" x 7 1/4" LVL
The project may include an extensive overhaul of the unit's electrical (new wiring, and circuit panel). Also, an HVAC conversion is also planned while the house is under renovations.
Lastly, contractor must be fully insured and have WSIB coverage.
I am looking for trades in the following areas for work currently needed to be completed.
No General contractors please.
Mason for Concrete work
Interlock and paver
We have a number of projects currently being negotiated and need Trustworthy, Quality people to complete in a timely period.
We will not accept sub par work as our name is on the sign !
Must have Insurance and WSIB and provide proof of both.
Must have recommendations and reviews from previous customers.
Will look at young companies provided you can show good quality work.
We are currently looking to refurbish are office space.
We would like to have rewiring done throughout,replace our bathroom and kitchen floor tiles,replace old bathroom sinks and faucets,install new toilets, and paint office interior.
We have enough contractors providing quotes. Thank you
September 1, we are taking possession of a retail store space that needs some work done before we occupy. Store will showcase furniture, china, crystal, etc. We need quotes for the entire project or on a piece by piece basis. Here is the work required:
General: Front showroom area is 39'x60'x12' drop ceilings. Currently carpeted throughout with old carpeting. Back dock area is 13'x39', with old carpeting and a demising wall between dock area and front showroom. In the back right corner, showroom contains two 8'x8' bathrooms and one 14'x8' office all abutting each other.
1) in the back left corner of showroom, we need two walls put up so as to box in an office area of 23'x20'. There will be two regular size doors needed, one on each of the new walls. Walls will go up to drop ceiling only and must be secured against existing walls. Taped and sanded, ready for painting
2) in the back dock area, we need one wall put up that is 13' in length to seal off part of the dock area for storage. Wall will have a door in the centre. Wall will be anchored to existing walls on either end and will go up to drop ceiling only. Tape and sand
3) Some drywall repairs are necessary to fix little holes in existing drywall
4) All walls in showroom must be primed and painted. Washroom walls need to be cleaned, primed and painted. Dock area does not need painting. Ceiling tiles do not need to be painted.
5) Showroom, except for washrooms have old commercial grade carpet. Except for newly created office area in item #1), we need old carpeting pulled up and inexpensive underpad and laminate floor laid down. Laminate flooring can be supplied, just price out underpadding and labour to install underpadding and flooring.
MY HOUSE IS ALMOST 35-40 YEARS OLD , WE NEED TO REMOVE A BEARING WALL WHICH IS LOCATED BETWEEN THE ENTRANCE AND A SMALL TV ROOM BESIDE IT, FROM CIELING WE WILL LEAVE ABOUT HALF A FOOT OF THE WALL AND WE WILL HAVE TO HAVE 5 BEAMS 2 IMMEDIATELY AT THE ENTRANCE AND TW ON THE CORNER ONE AT THE END OF THE SECOND HALLWAY IT TURNS TO A SECOND HALLWAY TWARDS THE SIDE DOOR AND A SMALL WASHROOM(POWDER ROOM) WE WILL HAVE HALF WALL ALL THE WAY EXCEPT A PART OF THE ENRANCE THAT DOES NOT HAVE ANY BEAM UNTILL THE CORNER BEAMS THEN ALL THE WAY TO THE NEXT HALLWAY WOULD BE HALF WALLL., AFTER THAT WEE NEED TO DO THE FLOOR AS TWO FLOORS WILL LOOK DIFFERENT,WE LSO WILL CHANGE THE TILE ON THE POWDER ROOM , AND ALSO THE DOOR OF THE CLOSET FOR THE RAINCOATS.
I have 1000 square foot bungalow.
I would like to 'to up' with the same area to accommodate 3-4 bedrooms with a 3 piece bathroom.
Reconfigure the main floor with more open area, update kitchen, and change the bathroom to a powder room.
Upgrade the basement:
Increase water supply and replace sewage pipes.
Upgrade the bathroom and laundry room.
I'm aware that there would be electrical, plumbing, flooring, windows, etc...But this job would be strictly based on functionality and extremely low costs.
Should matters unfold I would be looking at a 2017 spring or summer start.
We have decided that we want to make 2 units into one. Therefore breaking down walls and putting up walls to make seperate offices.
Adding a washroom and a bigger size kitchen.
Add on to the boardroom. And the finishing touches will be painting the entire two units.
More will be discussed, when a meeting has been arranged.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started