Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Oakville homeowners have planned for their Electrical projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 84 Electrical projects posted by homeowners in Oakville seeking the services of local Electricians. Total estimated value of these projects is $254,500.00 with a per project average of $3,029.00.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
I am looking to get an approximate budget for electrical work for a second floor addition and renovation(labour,wiring,etc) but excluding supply of fixtures and receptacles which I have.
The second floor addition is approximately 1,000sf and includes a master bedroom, office/den, master bath, 2 closets and the stairwell . The ground floor renovation is approximately 750sf and essentially involves adding some potlights and new receptacles. There is also an added basement rec room of 300sf
We live in Oakville and we renovated our house about 5 yeas ago. We added pot lights, more switches and chandeliers. We used a licensed electrician however since then the electrician left the country and we are having some wiring issues. Switches that are meant for certain fixtures dont work. We need that fixed and we need over all inspection of all electrical wiring just to make sure its all safe. Sometimes when we plug in a fan or a heater, electricity goes off for a second.
We have the following items that we need taken care of:
1. The drywall tape in the kitchen is coming off in one of the corner joints as well as on the ceiling. We need someone to figure out if there is a water leak since the bathroom is right above the kitchen or if it is just a superficial poor workmanship by the previous contractor. In any case, the drywall needs to be fixed and the kitchen repainted.
2. Missing safety covers on switches, outlets and junction boxes in the basement
3. More than one wire attached to a circuit protector re: connections in the panel box. Need to get the stuff looked at and ensure proper wiring
4. In the basement kitchen and bathroom, it is recommended that GFIs be added for safety.
5. Not adequate insulation in attic - need to add more insulation to the attic and the exhaust pipes from the interior.
6. The flue pipe was disconnected. Need to have it checked or repaired.
7. Need to add one more vent to the furnace room.
Please let me know if anyone is interested in quoting and working on this job.
I am a contractor and I am looking for an electrician to perform the electrical portion of a tiled heated floor.
I am installing a Schluter DitraHeat heated floor in my client's front entryway.
I need the following work to be done:
- supply and run a dedicated line from the main floor to the electrical panel in the unfinished basement..length of run approx. 50 - 60 feet
- install thermostat that I will supply
The work will be done starting January 18th.
It is in Oakville.
Please reply with a ballpark figure if possible. Also, only reply if you are available to do the job.
-1 gfi receptacle hooked up outside; wires just need to be attached and receptacle placed back into box
-1 timer installed in front hallway for 2 outdoor lights
-1 dimmer switch installed for pot lights in kitchen
Need the job completed Sunday, Nov. 6th between 9am and 4pm
I have a chandelier that is already in my ceiling (in the living room) and I want to remove that chandelier and remount it in my stairwell. A tall ladder is a necessity in order to reach the ceiling of the stairwell. Then I want to attach another light fixture into the living room (the one that originally had the chandelier).
Please send me a quote.
I have a gas line, at the back of the house, which supplies gas to the central heating furnace and hot water tank.
The kitchen is on the second floor. At a moment I have an electric stove in the kitchen which I would like to replace with a gas-powered one.
On the same level (on the second floor) with the kitchen is a deck at the back of the house. I would like a quick connection gas line there as well for the use of BBQ.
The BBQ gas line can be connected directly at the outside gas meter, which is bellow the deck.
At the same time there can be put a "T" at the outside gas line meter and have a quick connection gas line for another gas BBQ on the ground level.
Now, to sum it up.
- One gas line extension from the furnace up to the kitchen stove on the second floor.
- One gas line for the BBQ (off the gas line meter) on the deck on the second floor.
- One gas line for the BBQ (off the gas line meter) at the ground level (next to the gas line meter).
Looking for someone to install a gas line for my Gas Stove.
Unfinished basement and the line would be a straight run about 6 feet. then upto the stove/oven.
Need this done ASAP!
Really easy for someone that knows what they are doing!
Please e-mail me back with time work can be done and price. ASAP
6. Average Days Late of Enrolments - Medium and Large Commercial (Enrolments outstanding included)
I need to have a gas pipe installed in the basement from the furnace room to the washer room to connect up to a gas dryer. The ceiling in the furnace room is unfinished, the washer room is finished. The length of pipe will be approx 30 feet, in which half of the length will run from the furnace room unfinished ceiling and the other half can be fed through inside the finished ceiling to the washer room.
I need to install a garbage disposal unit under my kitchen sink. The place is a 4-year old town-house in Oakville, ON, Canada that did not come with a garbage disposal when built. I need an experienced person who knows the job and can install the unit and its electrical switch.
We have a series of small projects we'd like done. They include:
1. Converting a pot light to a junction box so we can change it to a pendant fixture.
2. Laundry Room - remove the laundry sink, cap the plumbing, move the dryer to the location of the removed sink and move the dryer vent. Old dryer vent would need to be blocked up.
3. Cable Wire Fishing - we need to fish new cable wire in two rooms of the house to add new cable outlets.
Need 2 ceiling fans installed in upstairs washrooms, Need new roof, eaves and exterior cedar shingles (or other?), need window casings built on exterior windows, tiling quote for laundry room and bathroom, possible removal of bulk head (in bathroom above bathub).
I require a new bathroom fan to be installed in my home. It appears that he was never vented and venting is required. There is no attic access but current location of fan is close to roof where venting can be made.
I am looking for an estimate of labour and material. As an example looking for a fan with at least power of 110 Air King.
Build new home 3844 sq feet from foundation up. Includes framing, electrical, staircases and plumbing, outside finishes, lighting drywall, roofing and insulation.
Excavation and foundation is already tendered. Kitchen and bathroom finishes and flooring will not be included.
1. Add 2 outlets for garage door openers;
2. Add 1 new outlet in garage for work bench;
3. Wiring for dry heat sauna heater in the basement
4. Replace approx 5 old outlets inside house
5. Upgrade wiring outside for pool heater
6. Add outlet to kitchen island
7. Clean up / check breaker board in basement
We believe that the transformers on our pot lighting system (six lights) are duds based on an electrician replacing some bulbs for us a year or two ago.
Two of the lights have now died on us and replacing the bulbs is not solving the problem.
We cant afford a ton of money are looking for a quote to replace the system cost effectively since I have just changed careers.
During kitchen backplash work, the artisan opened plastic covers of 3 electrical receptacles and also the base plate which holds the electrical sockets. While we have fitted back two receptacles, the third is defective and needs to be replaced. There is no power coming to the receptacles.
Also we need to fi a timer for patio light switch.
I am looking for some work to be done in an Oakville condo on White Oaks Blvd. There are about 20 outlets, some of them very loose that I would like replaced and about 10 or so light switched. Upon inspection we were told that two other outlets need to changed to GFCI.
Also would like some light fixtures in both bathrooms and kitchen replaced with new one.
I need someone to replace my current exhaust fan in bathroom in basement. I do not believe current fan is attached to outside. However, I need someone to check it, if not attached to outside correct and attach it. Behind bathroom wall is the driveway, therefore it can be connected to outside. Please provide the cost and date. I need it immediately.
Quote request for:
Just want electrical wiring (no receptacle or lighting installation/ finishing) 2 storey including basement
Installation of Exterior Meter, Panel, Switch, Receptacle, Light Boxes.
Also: electrical permit setup/ ESA rough inspection.
I (Wayne) the private builder will complete the receptacle & Ighting finishes. As well as contacting ESA for the final inspection.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started