Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Oakville homeowners have planned for their General Contracting projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 125 General Contracting projects posted by homeowners in Oakville seeking the services of local General Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $6,376,000.00 with a per project average of $51,008.00.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
A Complete Basement Renovation
Location: Mississauga / Oakville border
Square Footage - Approximately 1500/Sq ft
Modern Open Concept Plan
Bathroom, Gym Room and Balance is Open
Easy Access - Basement ready for finishing
Drywall and Frame Walls - 9 ft walls / rounded edges
Flat Finish Ceilings
Fireplace Installation (optional)
Engineered Hard Wood floor installation
3 Piece Bathroom - Installation - Tile, Shower, Toilet, Vanity
All electrical work
Wet bar rough in only
Pot Lights - 45 approximately - some scone lights
Millwork / Trim - 4 windows (made to look large), baseboards, 2 Posts, small half wall (6ft), crown mouldings etc...
Install approx 6 doors - 2 French, 2 pocket/folding doors 2 other
Ready to start project immediately - Require plumber and electrician to be licensed.
Owner can supply all finished items.
Owners looking for skilled, experience with modern finish, very reasonable easy to work with contractor with great references. Must be reasonably priced.
I am looking for someone to finish my basement bathroom. It is currently roughed in, insulated and drywalled. It still needs all "the rest", i.e., mudding and taping, electrical, tiling, painting and installing the fixtures, and whatever else is involved in the process.
I need this job done quickly, efficiently, and properly. I am not looking to be suckered but will pay a reasonable price for good service.
The stairs is connecting from foyer to main level. From foyer to the main level is 35.5 inch(approx) and also the run is 35.5 inch. The stair is 64.5 inch wide. There are two 8inch columns on the last step. All steps are required to be solid Oak (not veniere) raise and strings should be paintable wood materials. Needs two posts on the main level approx. 40 inch apart, should be connected with hand rail and spikes. All spikes should be paintable and hand rail should be Oak.
Enlarge opening to powder room - move electrical light switch
Remove toilet, cabinet and sink, install new plumbing and electrical for electric washer and dryer hook-up
Remove and install new light fixture
Install shelves over new washer and dryer
Add electrical outlet for iron
Install in-wall ironing board
Remove existing hanging rods (2) in closet - install 4 hanging rods in closet - 2 each side
Install new light fixture in closet.
Remove existing door to closet and install larger to allow W/D to go through
I have recently leased an 800sqft property that is barebones.
I am looking to have the walls, ceiling and floor (tile) refinished with either drywall or an acceptable food safe covering (plastic panneling, etc.).
Moving a dividing wall 4' to back of the building.
HVAC for range hood, Electrical and Plumbing for dishwashing, hand wash sinks, fluoro lights front and back.
Addition of 2 walls (bulkheads).
I have already found an equipment supplier and have a Gas fitter for the job. I am in need of professional drawings to acquire building permits and some possible insight into other deisgn ideas.
If you would like to provide a quote I am available at your request to show you the site.
Empty Shell 2350sq ft Retail Store in Oakville.
Bathroom and two other small structural rooms needed.
Electrician needed for Panel/Transformer Installation, electrical, and Low Bay/track installation
Plumber needed for Basic Bathroom and Sink connection. All above ground.
HVAC distribution needed.
Painter needed for Underside of Deck and all walls.
Flooring application of Commercial clear Epoxy and tile in 3 side rooms needed.
Permit Drawings available March 21 for full quotes.
Room to be constructed of 6-inch sinter blocks, 12ft x 8ft x 8ft high. One 12ft. x 8ft. side will butt up to exsiting block wall. A single 34-inch wide steel sealed door to be installed. Ceiling to be flat, steel rafters, insulated, drywall interior and light metal decking exterior. Room will house 2 air conditioner units so room must be sealed tight and water proof. Room will be located in a basement parking garage. No electrical or plumbing required.
Substantial Changes from Prior Posting following a Building Inspection. Will have access to the unit by May 31, 2013, work to be completed in June as owner moves in July 1st.
1) Up grade main electrical panel, former owner has used 20V circuits in 15V slots, and double tapped the box.
2) Building has 1970s ear Aluminum Wiring, electrical sockets require upgrade
3) Kitchen and Bath sinks need GFCI
4) Update patio lantern, currently an indoor light fixture
5) Building requests a ESA inspection be performed following this work
1) Main Shower head and faucets need to be properly secured, and shower basin sealed correctly
2) Main Bath toilet not level or secured to the floor
3) Replace Main Bath sink and basin
4) Verify that all Basins have proper shut off valves
1) Remove all carpets (2nd floor) and replace with hardwood tile floors
2) Remove 2 non-load bearing walls between 3 bedrooms (356 sq.ft) to create 2 new bedrooms on second floor. Includes creating new closets to replace space removed.
3) Upgrade stairs to 2nd floor, railing is loose and not the minimum 43inches height
4) Remove non-load bearing walls/posts and door frame to kitchen on first floor to open up the space
5) Remove a decorative fire place unit on first floor
6) Will consider a 1st Floor Washroom and/or Kitchen Renovation if time and money permit
Building is 42 years old, second floor is accessible from an elevator on floor 5A.
Just purchased a condo townhome in Oakville and will need to do some work before moving in. Prefer the work to be started on April 1st. We will assist with removing old material, cleaning up and purchasing the new material.
Flooring might need to be redone, we will rip up the carpet to see the condition
Main bathroom needs to be redone entirely
Would like the kitchen to be redone (floor, cabinets, appliances) depending on how much funds are left from the flooring and bathroom. Would like to move around some stuff in the kitchen.
All work would need to be run by the property management for approval prior, we will have a talk with them once we get the keys March 31st.
Home is approx. 1000sqf on 3 levels...
This list is not all inclusive but work required would include:
-drywall repair in many areas of the home
-painting of 5 rooms (1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, kitchen, LR / DR) hallways and stairway areas
-removal of popcorn on small ceiling area
-painting of DR ceiling
-remove and replace caulking around bathtub
-install kitchen flooring (approx. 175 sqf)
-replace kitchen countertops
Wish to create closet: 13' (W) x 6' (H) x 2' (D) Opening to consist of 2 (48") folding doors. Adjustable shelves and a lattice style wine rack to be put inside. Open to variations of project eg set of cupboards etc.
There is a leak in the basement foundation wall occurring under the window. Wall is dry but water is on floor
We are a seasoned Capital Investment Group with a portfolio of building lots in Oakville & Toronto. We are currently seeking Project Management with a strong background in luxury custom home construction. The appropriate candidate / group will have the following experience:
- interacting with architect and land planner
- familiarity with current Ontario Building Code, specific to locations mentioned above
- confident in organizing and dealing with inspections / inspectors
- excellent time target management related to dealing with trades, contractors, materials, etc
- proven experience in all aspects of build from permit acquisitions to demo prep, to foundation, to framing, to HVAC, Plumb, Elec, Drywall, Flooring, Kitchen, Bath, Trim, Paint, etc etc etc
- extreme attention to detail
- budget maintenance
- confident in handling design rich projects with end values of $4M ++
As a Tarion registrant with and a past performance in custom home development & sales we have an established syndicate of preferred contractors, vendors and related service providers. However, it is the responsibility of the PM to test the market to ensure best value is always maintained.
Remuneration is typically flat fee, per project based with an incentive package for meeting time and budget targets.
we have decided to stay in our house for another 6 years at least. The house is 23 years old and we had a new kitchen put in and upgraded our dining room and hall way.
We now need to change a few things. First the family room. It has wood panels all around and looks very dated. it needs to be stripped completely, everything removed stucco, carpet fireplace shelves and stones around the fireplace. Then we need to redo the walls coat of paint install hardwood floor new fireplace new pot light on the ceiling. (10x12).
There is the upstairs to do too but I'll wait to hear from someone before continuing.
My tenant drove (accelerated) into the back (interior) of my separate (lane way accessed) garage. There is no foundation damage (foundation about 1.5 feet above ground), but the 2x4 laying horizontally on top of the ~4" foundation is damaged. It runs most of the width of the double garage (single-door), except for the width of an entrance door frame. The interior walls of the garage are unfinished nor is there insulation, but some wiring here & there. Likely need to lift the other vertical struts to change the horizontal one. No damage to the exterior vinyl panelling is apparent. So, I need the above fixed. Reaching out to handymen as I prefer to take care of myself than put this through insurance (lose claims free discount). So, would appreciate receiving quotes from any interested parties.
I am in a house that is about 20 yrs old but I am looking for quotes to do the following work and then do the work afterwords:
1. Attic Insulation. I recently had a home inspection done and it appears the insulation in the attic is totally deficient even by 1991 standards from when the house was built. I suspect it has everything to do with the fact my ex-spouses' father had racoons in the attic who possibly destroyed part of the insulation and his father never replaced such insulation. I need a quote and then I need the work done. I would like to take the insulation up to R40 or R50?
2. Masonry - the stone steps up to the house due to weather and age conditions have never been fixed - they are hazardous as per a home inspection - they need to be replaced, levelled or whatever needs to be done. I need a quote and the work needs to be done.
3. Drywall. Due to a leak in the foundation, my ex-spouse removed 2 partial rooms of drywall and never bothered to fix it up - again, I need a quote and I need the work done.
4. Carpet - same issue - leak in foundation he let the water sit for a long time on the carpet and the carpet isn't so great down in the basement so it probably needs to be replaced. Also, given the age of the carpet upstairs (ie over 20 yrs old) I need a quote on replacing the carpet in 3 bedrooms and replacement of carpet in the family room with laminate and/or hardwood (hardwood not from China). Quote and work.
5. Toilets - and sinks. Toilets still do not work properly - they were broken when I moved in here from the matrimonial home - ex-spouse left them broken. They are over 20 yrs old and need to be replaced. Sinks also need to be replaced. Tub is fine for now.
6. Kitchen cupboards - melamine - starting to fall apart - need to be replaced and/or if the fronts could be replaced at this time I can worry about doing the whole thing later hopefully when the house is mine.
7. Decks and fences - in a state that they are falling down and into the property. Again, nothing was maintained at this house ever for 20 yrs. I need a quote on replacing the deck which is larger and I need a quote on doing 2 or 3 sides of the fence in the backyard.
8. Grounds. I have a hole in the passageway between this house and the neighbour's - not sure what it is about but it needs to be fixed as one can trip and fall. The grounds in general were so zoo-like that everything had to be cut back and I personally removed about 10 huge Home Depot like bags of weeds from the property last spring/summer. There are still many more to go and basically I didn't even have grass hardly last year - the yards will need more work this year and I still have Rose of Sharon "bushes" that are well in excess of 25 feet in the front of the house that I need to be dealt with.
9. Windows. Another quote - again they are 20 yrs old and need to be replaced. One of the basement windows was so badly rusted out it came out of its sockets and I have a kitchen Bay window that is "wet" aka "soggy" outside to the touch. I had the windows painted outside last fall to "preserve them" at least until this Spring to deal with.
I am already in the process of getting quotes to replace the furnace and air conditioning system as well and as well replacing all appliances which have either quit or are about to quit or are broken.
All in all quite the condition he left this in! In any event if you could kindly respond and provide quotes so I can start attending to all of this stuff it would be greatly appreciated.
- parquet flooring needs to be removed on two floors
- tiles in kitchen need to be removed
- hardwood floors need to be installed on two floors
- tiles need to be installed in kitchen
- dry wall and taping needs to be done in one room
- entire home needs to be painted.
Please let me know what other details you need.
I'm looking for someone to install a flush beam or beam in the main floor of my 4 level side split.
I'm opening up the main floor of the house to put in a open style kitchen.
The room is already back to the studs just need a pro's help on this one.
Engineer will be coming out as soon as I line someone up.
We have a renovated open concept bungalow that used to be a standard, L-shaped bungalow. Currently, when you walk in the front door, there is a small, tiled area, with a small coat closet to the left, the kitchen straight ahead, and the living room to the right. We would like to construct a half wall to the right of the door, with a pillar ascending to the top of the roof (we have a raised ceiling), to provide some separation from the entranceway and the rest of the room. The half wall would be above 4ft (?) tall.
Redo kitchen: install one wall IKEA kitchen, new appliances, small laundry room off kitchen. Remove small wall and swing stove 45 degrees to same wall. Redo ceiling and some wall repair.
Redo bathroom: remove bathtub and convert space to walk in shower. Redo ceiling, and plumbing. Install new fixtures.
Remodel small office, change water heater to small one one the wall. Some reconfiguration of walls and floors to accommodate closet.
Remove existing tile and lay new concrete tiles throughout office, kitchen, bath and entrance hall. New lighting in all areas. Will need some dry walling done.
Small (65 sq m) condo, tenant will not be moving out during construction.
We have a 2750 sq ft, 25 yr old, 4 bdrm home in Oakville that needs help! We originally wanted to do a new kitchen but then felt that we should take down some walls to open things up. Then we considered swapping the position of the kitchen and dining room to create more of a Great Room feeling. Ideally I would like a space that flows from the kitchen to dining room to family room and my husband would like to maintain a formal living room as well. The kitchen is in the middle of the house at the back with the dining room to the west and the family room to the east. The family room also has a step down and elevated ceilings so that is an added difficulty in getting the flow I desire. I have no idea how to achieve this with our floor plan and am at a loss to know what professional I need to consult....a designer? an architect? We have a contractor but he does not do any designing and while we have spoken to some "kitchen" people, they cannot help me on the overall design. We want to start this process but don't know what to do? Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you. I'd like to hear some preliminary ideas from you, possible estimates (obviously difficult, logically general but would be appreciated) and reasons why we should contact you for an on-site visit. Links to your websites would also be helpful.
We are ready to proceed as soon as we have a design. The sooner the better but I have no idea how to find the person that will help me to realize our vision.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started