Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Orleans homeowners have planned for their Flooring projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 14 Flooring projects posted by homeowners in Orleans seeking the services of local Floor Laying Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $119,000.00 with a per project average of $8,500.00.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
We recently laid laminate flooring throughout the main and upper floors of our home. We need a finishing contractor to help us decide how to deal with the areas around the bannisters. The laminate flooring butts up against the bannisters, but ends there, leaving the space between the bannister and the space on the opposite side (about 2 inches to the edge) exposed. We have no idea how to tackle this. There is a total of about 30 feet of floors around bannisters in our house that requires finishing.
We may also require a finishing contractor to finish the trim (quarter-round) around the edges of the flooring, as well as some crown moulding around the ceiling on the upper floor and some final painting work.
1. purchase whatever materials you think you will need (including the underlay, nails, etc.) - I can come with you to make the purchase or you can add the cost to the total bill.
2. take up the flooring that's there
3. nail down the subfloor
4. put down the underlay (condo corp has provided specs on which ones meet standards)
5. re-install the laminate
6. put back the trim (you tell me if you will need to replace some pieces of the trim)
The laminate is in the livingroom/dining room area, as well as the kitchen and down a hallway. You can come over and see it before making a quote if you wish. I'd like to get it done as soon as possible - the downstairs neighbour has been suffering through this ordeal for much too long.
Small job. Rec room about 170 sq ft. plus 9 stairs. Ideally you can supply 13 mil. laminate flooring at $2.00 sq. ft. or less, underlay, stair nosing, quarter round. Prefer to match or closely match upstairs laminate flooring which is light oak. I will remove existing carpeting and quarter round. References a must. Thanks.
House is in Chapel Hill, Orleans, approx 30 years old
1. Gut and replace full bathroom to contemporary style, mid range cost
2. Remove carpet and replace with hardwood in bedroom, approx 10x10
3. Remove wooden box light from ensuite replace with modern light fixture
4. Remove and replace base boards on hall and 3 x bedrooms, approx 200 ft. Remove and replacement door facings x5 doorways
1. Remove and replace front entrance door with good quality door
2. Remove track lighting from stucco ceiling in family room
3. Install pot lights in family room, hallway, living room. Approx 15-20 lights
4. Remove and replace base boards in family room, hallway, laundry, and powder room, approx 200 ft
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started