Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Waterloo homeowners have planned for their General Contracting projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 39 General Contracting projects posted by homeowners in Waterloo seeking the services of local General Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $1,635,500.00 with a per project average of $41,935.00.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
We need 3 balconies replaced (1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors) on an apartment building in Waterloo. The building was built in the late 1950s and the balconies may be the originals. The current balconies are concrete on wood. We need the concrete removed and replaced with treated wood or a composite. There is a steel support post running up the outside corner of the balconies which may also have to be replaced, as well as the concrete pier to which it's anchored. We have a preliminary structural engineer's report with photographs.
Finish basement in 6 yr's old house in Eastbridge
Floor area = 50 square meters = 540 square feet
1. Install Toilet
2. Install Shower
3. Install sink
4. subfloor + carpet
5. electrical wiring + wall sockets + switches
6. 2 doors to appliances rooms
7. drywall, insulations
8. ceiling (suspended?) with tiles and lamps
9. 1-2 walk-in closets
I am looking for estimates and contacts
1986 house in Waterloo Westvale area. Following changes need to made to our house.
1. Remove existing shower area (approx 3ftx 3 feet) lined with tiles and fix a new glass shower in the master ensuite
2. Kitchen: Install new hood over the oven and vent it to outside
3. Remove already existing carpet in the basement and replace this with new carpet
4. Remove already existing carpet and replace this with new hardwood in the family room (less than 200 sq ft).
Please send in price quotes.
We have two bathrooms in our 30 year old home that do not have any ventilation to the outside besides the windows. We are looking to have fans installed in both bathrooms and and some glass block work to allow more light in the shower and re grouting and sealing of the shower tiles in the basement bathroom .
Each bathroom is about 8.5 feet long by 6.5 feet wide
We have a two story home with an attached garage. There is no living space above the garage so we would like to consider two options:
-Widening the garage and adding a master bedroom and ensuite above
-Leaving the garage the same and just doing the master bedroom and ensuite
We require all the exterior work, framing, roofing, and extisting building tie-in. Finishing and electrical would be completed by myself. Addition is roughly 300sq ft
I am looking to open a small bakery/cafe and looking for a quote. The details of the space is as follows:
1,100 square feet commercial unit located in a condominium (currently a shell)
- A few walls to separate kitchen, 2 single public restrooms, and a small work/prep area.
- HVAC hookup
- Grease trap installation (above ground in kitchen)
- Electrical and plumbing set up
- Ceiling installed (currently bare and exposed)
- Flooring (vinyl "wood" or hardwood)
- All proper permits & inspections
Those are basically the main things that need to be taken care of.
NOTE: Drawings have not been made yet, if you could also help with designing a drawing plan that would be great.
Create a room approximately 8 ft x 13 ft covered with a roof in corner of shipping and receiving area. In order to create the room, two walls needs to be put up from the existing walls. A roof needs to be added. Install a door in one of the new walls. Drywall on inside and outside of walls, drywall in ceiling, taped and sanded to paint standards. Some receptacles and lighting fixtures to be installed as well.
Square footage of condo: roughly 840 sq ft
Location: Bauer lofts
Work to be done:
1. Remove a 5ft length wall between living room and den
2. Remove laminate flooring in living room, kitchen/dining, den, bedroom
3. Redo floors: either polished concrete or engineered hardwood floors
4. Minor drywall work in a bathroom closet
5. Painting of all walls
I have mulit jobs that need to get done. I am the property owner.
Master Bathroom: Was recently renovated by a HORRIBLE amateur contractor. Lesson learn.
* Rafter joice that was cut needs to be re-secure.
* Pot light installed needs to have a metal case.
* vapor barrier needs to be sealed
* shower plumbing needs to be looked at as possible leaking.
* New insulation (1600sft home) backsplit home
* all of my windows seem to fog up. Could just need new seal around all my windows or could be I need new windows.
* Looks crooked and would like to have it re-aligned.
* need a base and shed install
I'm looking for rough estimates/ rough quotes (broken down by project please) for the following:
Current carpeting removed in three rooms ([all approx.] 210 sq ft dining room, 300 sq ft living room and 150 sq ft office) and hardwood laid.
removal of existing carpeting on stairway and in main upstairs hallway and replaced with new carpeting.
Installation of french doors from foyer to dining room.
Replacement of ceramic tile in foyer.
Painting of main floor foyer and upper hallway (wainscotting is installed - painting to include wainscotting).
Removal of existing tile in small shower stall, replace tile and install glass door.
As I have no experience with home renovations, I only suspect that material will be chosen and purchased by me for pick up, delivery and installation by the chosen renovator?
Thank you in advance!!
We are in need of finishing our renovation project quickly. We need to finish the following;
Hardwood Laminate on Staircase
Clearing off Stucco ceiling and painting on main floor
New flooring in two rooms and the bathroom of the basement
New doors and Trim in Basement
Painting entire basement
Painting entire main floor
We have a 1500 sq foot house and have 3 growing boys. We need an extra bedroom and want to finish our basement. We would like to find out if we have enough room to put a master bedroom in the attic (we would need to add stairs) and reconfigure the 2nd floor to make three similar sized bedrooms and combine two small bathrooms into one. We also want to finish the basement and install lockers and shelving in our garage. The house is 4 years old.
Extremely small kitchen in 1940s 2 storey, located in uptown Waterloo Ontario. In order to get a bit more room in kitchen we would like to do a small bump out into attached garage.
Wall is an exterior block wall and load bearing. Looking to bump out approx. 7 ft.of that load bearing wall floor to ceiling. Depth of bump out would be approx 36 inches.
We need, I am assuming , to install a support beam,. Perhaps a steal beam. with support pillars on either side to hold beam in place.
This bump out will need to be framed out. Foundation will be in garage and done with cement blocks. I have blocks and mason for this work. Also a drywaller for interior finish.I also have electrician for wiring in the bumpout. Bump out will house fridge and stove
This work needs to be done end of january 2018.
We are knocking down our existing bungalow and rebuilding a 2 storey, 3 bedroom and 2.5 bathroom house. The house will be approx 1800 sq feet (900 each floor). There are 9 ft ceinings on the first floor and 8 ft on the second. Small foundation additions (no basement) of approx 9by9 feet and 4.5by8.5 feet are required. The electrical will need to be completely redone with pot lights in living room and kitchen. The majority of the plumbing will also need to be redone as there will be an additional 2 full bathrooms. Completely new duct work will be required for furnace and AC. The entire house as well as a 12*24 section of the basement will need to be drywalled. The flooring will consist of hardwood throughout with the exception of the foyer, bathrooms and kitchen which will be tiled with either ceramic or travertine. We have completed the preliminary floor plans and the construction plans are expected to be done in 2-3 weeks. The project is expected to start in the early fall with the framing, siding, windows, doors and roofing being completed by a family member.
There's a leak coming from the ceiling in the middle of my basement that needs attention ASAP.
Unfortunately, I'm out of town for the week but my tenants will be around to let you in. The information about it that I have is minimal. All I really know is that there's water dripping from the ceiling to the carpet.
- 50 year old house - 1 1/2 story - brick face with siding over it
1. earth around foundation needs to be looked at - water seeping in at front of house and rear (foundation is sound, but may need waterproofing)
2. shingling and guttering on roof needs replacing - possibly facia included
3. walkup - at back of house - leaks at joining to house
4. front porches (concrete) needs replacing and upgrading - one is over the
1. basement has been renovated
2. main floor - renovation - removing current walls, upgrade electrical and plumbing, change walls and rebuilding new interior walls and floors - plumbing stack stays in same place but kitchen is to go at back of house instead of front
3. future - want sun room out back from kitchen - therefore need door out back
4. move staircase from front of house to back of house going up from new kitchen
5. second floor - take two bedrooms upstairs and convert to master bedroom with ensuite bath
Remove the carpets (3 rooms and hallway) and vinyl kitchen floor and baseboards from all the rooms. This unit its about 1000 square feet. Remove the cabinets from the kitchen that I plan to replace with Ikea product.
These cabinets need to be hung properly, a countertop has to be installed. A new sink will also be added.
A laminate/wood floor is to be put in throughout, (1000 sq. feet) and baseboards, that are first to be painted by painter and when put in, a second coat will be added.
New toilet is to be installed. Also, new fan in bathroom.
There are electrical fixtures to be replaced, and electric outlet covers replaced.
My fiance and I recently purchased a house in Waterloo and need a few renos done before we move in. We get possession of the house July 28th and would hope to move in during the last week of August.
In summary, the changes we would like to make are:
- Create an opening in the wall between the kitchen and living room (an opening had previously existed there and the current owners closed it)
- Hang a light fixture in the dining area (will require wiring likely through the attic)
- Finish a bedroom in a basement – needs a wall with a door created around a furnace as well as to create a bulk head around the furnace piping.
- Create 2 additional walls, one with a door (would include moving some wiring for a light switch) to create another bedroom in the basement.
- Extend the closet in the master bedroom
My house is a 1500 sq ft, 2 year old town home. The stairs (carpeted) leading to the upper level squeak. The underneath of the staircase can be accessed from the basement. The squeaking usually starts during the colder months and then stops when the weather gets warm.
I need a professional to diagnose the cause of the squeaking and fix it completely. I live in Waterloo, Ontario.
We would like to add stairs to access our attic and finish the attic space (approx. 650 sqft). The house is about 9 years old, and the attic is quite large with a high ceiling at the centre. It's currently just insulation with access from a bedroom closet. We believe it would be possible to put stairs from our great room to provide access. The floor would likely need to be properly reinforced for occupation. Ideally we would finish the space with a small 3 piece bathroom and one large studio with skylights. We are hoping you might be willing to take a look and provide a basic quote so that we can budget for this renovation. Thanks for your time.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started