General Review Guidelines
Your experience with a contractor listed on TrustedPros is important to both our visitors and the contractors listed. Your opinion, favorable or unfavorable, will help others in their evaluation of services and we encourage you to tell us what you think. It’s quick, it’s easy and you’ll be helping the entire community.
Who Can Leave Reviews
Reviews are limited to activities for which there was a charge or contract provided or work was performed. Reviews can’t be left for pre-sale activities such as bids, proposals, missed appointments, negotiations or other activities for which there was no charge or contract provided or work was performed.
Tips for Writing Helpful Reviews
- Include the Reason. Most reviews start out with “I liked” or “I didn’t like.” To make the review meaningful include the “why” behind your opinion. Be as specific as you can. Give examples behind the “why.”
- Not Too Short – Not Too long. “ABC Company was great” doesn’t really tell anybody anything. We have a 100 character minimum requirement to make sure the reviews carry a little meat on their bones. On the other hand, nobody wants to read the equivalent of “Moby Dick” so we have a maximum character count of 4,000.
- Be Sincere. We don’t want you to sugar coat your reviews. If there were pros and cons please list them but please make them based on your experience not hearsay. The more firsthand information our visitors can get the better they can make decisions.
- Be mindful of how your craft your review. Provide facts that can be backed up and always base your reviews on their work (or lack of work). We suggest reading the article How to avoid a libel lawsuit when critiquing your contractor.
What’s Not Allowed
Basically we don’t allow bad behavior. Bad behavior includes:
- Obscene or distasteful content
- Profane or spiteful remarks
- Content which might be considered defamatory, blasphemous, racist or incendiary
Who Can Not Leave Reviews
- Anonymous users
- Persons who did not have a financial transaction with, signed contract with, or had worked performed by a contractor or business
- Persons who are paid to leave an endorsement
- Persons with personal or business relationship with this company or its owners
- Any person, to include competing contractors, employees or former employees of a contractor or anyone with a financial interest in a listed contractor who pose as a qualified consumer
At the end of the day we reserve the right to delete or make changes to a review with or without cause. It is our intention to solicit honest, factual reviews that inform our audience without infringing on the rights of others.
We welcome your thoughts and encourage you to take a moment now and post your review.
All reviews MUST be submitted by your clients.
Any contractor attempting to submit a false review or, a review on behalf of their client will have their public profiles flagged to show their attempt to post deceptive reviews and/or penalized with restricted access to leads and lowered ranking in our directory. This includes getting friends and /or family members to submit false reviews for your company and contractors posting false reviews against competitors.
The purpose of this review system is to retrieve honest feedback from consumers to help others with their contractor selection and hiring process.
In addition to being a violation of our terms of service and an unethical practice, posting fake reviews may constitute a deceptive marketing practice and may be prohibited by applicable laws, including section 74.02 of the Competition Act. Such violations may result in fines of up to $750,000 for individuals or up to $10,000,000 for corporations. Please click here for more information.