Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Calgary homeowners have planned for their Heating & Air Conditioning projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 33 Heating & Air Conditioning projects posted by homeowners in Calgary seeking the services of local HVAC Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $223,000.00 with a per project average of $6,757.00.
Can anyone tell me the difference between Goodman GMH950703BXB & GMH950703CXB, Is it just that one is convertible to propane?
Anyhow, my old Lennox is costing me huge money in gas useage, once I get my OLD water heater out of the way (replace with Rinnai tankless), the furnace is the next project to conquer. I wish to keep the cost down as much as possible (can barely pay off my gas bill right now). I guess I will need a permit for this as well, is it better for contracter to obtain or myself personally? I will require a tie in and final inspection as well. Question, can 1 permit be obtained to cover both hot water tank and gas furnace replacement/installation?
Hi, my wife and I are thinking of installing a HRV/ERV system in our basement. Our basement is currently heated by individual electric wall heaters. Following is some information on the basement:
- No duct work
- 1200 sqft
- Looking for a design that can enable future upgrading to duct work.
Please do contact us directly if you think that you could provide this service to us.
I want a price for a lenox efficient furnace and 55 Gallon hot water tank and move it 7 feet.
Ad two duct to the basement drop down ceiling easy access and need a cold air return.
I would like a furnace in the garage gas line not far away.
Willing to help as labor done three houses in the past.
Look also for gas line in basement for fire place.
Looking for experienced commercial contractors to provide mechanical, electrical and plumbing work for a new salon opening late August 2011. We have complete plans available for estimation purposes. The unit is approximately 1000 square feet and take possession around July 1st. Looking to start work shortly thereafter.
I am working on a residential infill project in SW Calgary and am looking for a company to handle all the HVAC requirements for each side of the duplex. Each side is approx. 2,000 sq ft. Two storey, attached garage. Will provide digital copy of plans to all who show interest in providing a quote and can start work within the next 30 days.
I have a rental property in Lake Chaparral that has a leak in the 3€ drain line from the sink. The leak is sandwiched between the bathroom wall and the furnace ducting (in the basement) and will require removal of the ducting to access the leaking pipe. The ducting will then need re-installed.
The timing for the repair is quite urgent as the tenants can't use the sink until the leak is repaired.
We are developing our basement and we need a plumbing and hvac contractor to do the following in Calgary.
Upgrade our existing furnace.
Move the furnace and hw tank 10 feet from the existing location.
Plumbing for a new shower, relocate existing sink (5 ft).
Gas line to an outdoor bbq
New kitchen vent for a hood fan.
Our house is a bi-level with partially finished basement with dropped ceiling.
Please submit your questions or quotes. The job will start on September 2nd.
I have a conditional purchase on a house. A few things came up in the inspection I was wondering if I could get an estimate on them and see if I can get the seller to agree to pay for some of it.
- A faucet
- High efficiency hot water tank with install and fixing the valve
- HRV system loop and filter cleaning
- HVAC heating pipe extension
- Kitchen exhaust fan vent pipe leakage repair
- Two toilet Seals
If you could give the estimate individually for each item would help me out a lot to.
1. 5.3 (1) Bathtub spout located at the basement shared bathroom requires to be properly sealed at the wall. Water ingress could occur which could lead to deterioration if not corrected. Recommend repair or replace as required using a qualified person.
The water supply shut off valve for the hot water system (and hot water to all fixtures throughout the house) is located above the hot water tank in the basement. This valve has an active leak at the time of inspection. Replacement of this valve is required now. Recommend further inspection and repair or replace as required using a licensed Plumber.
(2) The hot water tank located at the basement mechanical room is showing signs of deterioration at the supply lines on top of the tank. This deterioration appears significant and could allow for leaks to develop at this location. Repairs or replacement of this how water tank may be required due to this issue. Recommend further inspection and repair or replace as required using a licensed Plumber. (Its a walkout basement so easy to change the tank)?
The heat source for the rear entry door area in the basement is installed above the ceiling. This will compromise the air distribution in this area and an extension is required for this register to the ceiling level. Recommend further inspection and repair as required using a qualified HVAC contractor.
(4) There was no heat source located at the basement shared bathroom. These areas require a heat source to meet current standards and could become cold or uncomfortable if not corrected. Recommend further inspection and repair as required using a qualified HVAC contractor.
6.6 (1) The HRV unit located at the basement furnace area was in operation during the time of inspection. The washable cartridge filter(s) inside the unit are dirty and should be cleaned. Recommend repair as required using a qualified person.
6.6 Item 1(Picture)
(2) The drain hose for the HRV unit requires a loop. Repairs are required to prevent air from back-flowing into the appliance. This can compromise the operation of this appliance if not corrected. Recommend further inspection and repair as required using a qualified HVAC contractor.
(2) The kitchen exhaust fan vent pipe shows evidence of leakage. There are stains present on the wall and ceiling directly above the kitchen exhaust fan. Further investigation is required. Recommend further inspection and repair or replace as required using a qualified HVAC contractor.
(2) Floor covering found in the main floor shared bathroom has moisture within around the toilet. A moisture meter was used and detected a moisture content of above 19% or greater within the floor of this area during the time of inspection. This may indicate that the toilet seal is compromised and is allowing for moisture to seep into the floor. Deterioration of the floor materials is occurring in this area due to this issue. Recommend further inspection and repair or replace as required using a qualified contractor. I think both were showing signs of seal failure.
My wife and I are removing a wall on our main wall. It happens to contain 3x 5" heating vents and cold air return that serves our 2nd floor. We need to re-route these to existing walls. Looking to start this project as soon as possible. See picture for a bit more detail.click here
A cold air return and a warm air supply duct were in the walls of a closet we have removed. These need to be rerouted so that they are as inconspicuous as possible and so that a soffit and plinth can be built around them. They will need to be rejoined in the floor and ceiling spaces. The area is currently open and ready for work, speed would be appreciated, but a quality job is required.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started