Requirement to install fencing?

Question Icon
Posted by: from Brampton
3/27/2011 at 7:21:46 PM

Do I need any type of Licence to be wood and metal fencing manufacturer and installer.?

User Icon
Dave in Oshawa
Date/Time4/11/2011 at 11:21:41 AM

Depending on where you are working, the municipality may require you to have a business or trade license. I recommend talking to them. I think in Ontario you are 'supposed' to have what is called an Itinerant Sales License if you sell in the purchaser's home and not in your office. A lot of purchasers look at licenses as some form of 'insurance', which they aren't. Personally, I'm not a fan because they are really nothing more than a tax grab by the municipality. Does anyone really police trades licenses anyway?

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.