PRE-LISTING AND PRE-PURCHASE HOME INSPECTIONS - A home inspection will take approximately 5 hours to complete (2 hours for apartment condo units) depending on size, age and condition of the property. Inspection Reports include photo documentation where applicable. - An in-depth, non-invasive, visual and physical examination of the read more...
We will never allow businesses to pay for review alterations, editing, or removals. Published reviews have undergone strict examination to avoid fraudulent/fake review posting. Learn more.
My wife and I are in the process of buying our first house and we are self-admittedly in the dark about many of the challenges, technicalities, and nuances of home ownership. When we go into homes, we are not looking for structural and code issues - we are envisioning a future for ourselves and our family. Kevin has been an instrumental part of our home buying process in that he brings complete peace of mind to the technical side of things, which allows my wife and I to focus on the question that really matters to us - is this a place we can call home? In our dealings with Kevin, he has been extremely professional and courteous, and he has gone out of his way to explain issues big and small. The report provided at the end of the inspection is extremely rich in depth and quality, and has brought much needed peace of mind to our house purchasing journey.
Thank you very much for your 5 star review Jason. I truly enjoyed working with you, and I wish you and your wife the very best future possible. Contact me with any questions you may have anytime.
Kevin, was a pleasure to deal with from the first email I sent him out of office hours!
Unlike Sherlock Homes Inspectors (which I contacted initially but did not get back to me in time, and was expecting to get my business solely based on his "vast 30 experience, expensive equipment and online ratings"), Kevin was on the spot on what I was looking for regarding a home inspection:
- Had me sign a thorough agreement stating what he can and cannot do, as well as the international inspections standards he will follow.
- Came in at 9 am that day and left around 2 pm.
- Had no issues getting up the roof to check every spot, take a good peak inside the attic, as well as underneath the deck.
- Took the time to walk me through and explain all his finds within the house,
- Provided me with a detailed report (like the sample he has on his website), in minutes after completion, as well as white binder with useful maintenance instructions.
- Finally, accepted credit card payment on the spot and provided me with a proper invoice.
All in all, the price was not cheap, in fact I would say 20-30% more than average, but if you count in the hours spent and quality of his work compared to what others offer, it's well worth the investment. Furthermore in my case, based on his findings, I had the seller agree to hire a plumber and roof repair professional to fix three specific things, so I am happy!
One suggestion for him however, please offer a price discount/reimbursement) for future referrals, as well as more infra-red photos on your reports. In fact, considering you are a licensed technician you should fully exploit such training, even if that means a few more photos than necessary.
Thank you for your 5 star review!. I am glad that you are happy; I do my best to ensure that all of my clients are happy and understand the report. I wish you and your fiance the very best for life in your new home.
Kevin came highly recommended by a close friend and after hiring him I understand why.
I am completely satisfied with the service that my wife and I received. We would definitely hire Assured Home Inspections again and recommend them to others. Some of things that I liked were...
- Documentation was prepared and emailed in advance.
- The inspection started on time.
- The inspector was prepared, courteous and incredibly thorough.
- A profession report (PDF) was created throughout the inspection and delivered less than an hour after the inspection concluded.
- The inspection report included both a description and photos.
- The invoice matched the quotation.
Assured is not the lowest price in this category; however, the inspector spent more time than is typical, found things that other inspectors may have overlooked, brought advanced tools (visual inspection probe tool, FLIR infra-red camera, electrical polarity testing, etc) and educated me on home ownership money saving tips.
Assured Home Inspections provided an incredibly value service!
Thank you very much for your fabulous review James!
I certainly appreciate the time and effort that you spent to prepare and post such an in-depth and detailed review about my Home Inspection Service. I am certain that others who read your review will be confident and certain of what they can expect if they choose to hire Assured Home Inspections.
It was my pleasure to meet you and work with you James, thank you.
I will not buy a home without Kevin Hawes to inspect it. Unlike most, he does go on the roof, which is vital after all our wind and hail storms. He has decades of experience, state of the art tools, and incredible integrity. When concerns developed after 2 years he quickly and thoroughly checked out the issue at no cost. With many home inspectors graduating from a 2 week course, and happy to give you a glossy report, Kevin stands out with his previous experience as a contractor. He welcomes and wishes you to be with him in the inspection as his explanations and color around the issues are very important. I can not over overstate the quality of his work and depth of knowledge. He spent almost a full day on the inspection.
Thank you Rick, that was a tremendous review. I appreciate the details, effort and time that you spent to give me such a glowing review. I am glad to know that you are so happy with my Home Inspection Service. This review will serve to show others who are considering Assured Home Inspections, for their inspection needs, just what they can expect.
Rick, I enjoyed each of our meetings, and I look forward to working with you again.
Assured Home Inspections has a TrustScore™ of 3.9. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Calgary and the surrounding areas is 3.5. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Yes|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2003|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2008|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile and we cannot endorse or guarantee the performance of any contractor. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
PRE-LISTING AND PRE-PURCHASE HOME INSPECTIONS
- A home inspection will take approximately 5 hours to complete (2 hours for apartment condo units) depending on size, age and condition of the property. Inspection Reports include photo documentation where applicable.
- An in-depth, non-invasive, visual and physical examination of the property, will be performed with pride, by an educationally trained, experienced, unbiased, insured, and Certified Inspector.
- We encourage you to attend the inspection and we gladly anticipate answering your questions. We also realize that most people manage busy schedules, and cannot give up a few hours for the inspection. What most people do is attend a portion of the Home Inspection, usually the last half hour or hour of the inspection. This way, you will be able to attend the presentation of the Inspection report, as well as ask questions and observe.
- The Inspector is limited to performing two inspections per day. This is to ensure that the Inspector can spend the proper amount of time on your home, answer your questions, and not be rushed to attend multiple appointments.
- Follow-up support by e-mail or telephone, on any questions relating to the Inspection, is available and included as part of our service commitment to you.
|Main contact(s)||Kevin Hawes|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2008|
|Accepts credit cards||Yes|
|24 Hour emergency service||No|
|Insurance information||Contact Assured Home Inspections to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.