In ground pool installer and landscaper with over 15 years experience, operating in the Barrie and area since 2005 Residential pool installations Commercial and residential landscaping Uni lock driveways, walk ways and decks Road side stone barrier walls (commercial) Exapnded to products available to residential customers on site ; armo read more...
We will never allow businesses to pay for review alterations, editing, or removals. Published reviews have undergone strict examination to avoid fraudulent/fake review posting. Learn more.
Terrible company & would highly suggest finding ANY one else to do your work.
Our issues include:
- Started 2 weeks later than agreed upon since they had another job to do (why not make sure you have the time for another job then?!) Owner and workers would talk about the high end pool elsewhere they were working on saying that's why ours was so delayed.
- Told it would be 2 weeks of work to completion ; after 8 weeks of work it is still not finished.
- workers would walk into pool steps with boots on and never covered or cleaned the steps causing concrete to be stuck on the steps
- retaining walls around pool never filled in: only loose gravel somewhat put in, not packed, meaning it will all fall out and animals can get between the landscaping rocks now and get to the protective material underneath
- surrounding patio is uneven and not solid. Cracked and moving tiles. The few they replaced they did with a different colour stone, not even the same colour as asked for. Many toe stub areas.
- when cleaning off the patio they did it towards the pool filling the pool that they already filled with water, with dirt and sand that they never took out of it.
- Garbage left constantly on the ground including food and cups : even after informed and asked to not do so and shown a garbage area since we had a VERY SICK dog who could die from human food.
- Angry owner who yelled constantly and didnt watch what he was ever doing, threw the garage door open at one point hitting the dog with it because he was careless.
- Would agree and say anything we wanted to shut us up and never follow through.
- super poor workmanship and terrible quality of all services
- landscaping rocks are uneven and not even placed at the same height around the pool.. l0ike some are a solid FOOT higher than the others.. and that's AFTER they fixed them once when we pointed out the issue.
After all of the above and more,
Scott (owner) showed up with his "lawyer" due to the issues after he was asked to leave our property and not return. Infront of his "lawyer", he agreed to fix all issues. Never did. Therefore he was told to get off the property a second time and to never return. Both times Scott tried to say the problems were because my parents could not afford him. Meanwhile they were putting in a very expensive and landscaped pool that they could have easily afforded more, money was never once an issue. Scott would always say it was 'not much' for extra charges - in fact they were thousands extra - especially when my parents told him they could get the fill and needed materials cheaper, he charged them over 3 times as much for doing it himself (which he never gave the option of anything else).
All around horrible experience. We are paying to PROPERLY complete our backyard and pool now with a much more reputable company.
If you want to waste time, money, and have headaches with no shows, phone calls unanswered, and very low quality work.. call these guys.
If not.. call ANYONE else.
We are very happy with this company, and have referred them to friends and family. They started the job on time and it was completed when promised. The price was also fair and reasonable. The owner is hands-on and takes pride in his work.
Unique Pools and Landscaping Inc. has a TrustScore™ of 2.0. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Oro Medonte and the surrounding areas is 2. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Services listed by Unique Pools and Landscaping Inc. may not require a Trade License. Check local laws to confirm license requirements before hiring.|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2004|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2016|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile and we cannot endorse or guarantee the performance of any contractor. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
In ground pool installer and landscaper with over 15 years experience, operating in the Barrie and area since 2005
Residential pool installations
Commercial and residential landscaping
Uni lock driveways, walk ways and decks
Road side stone barrier walls (commercial)
Exapnded to products available to residential customers on site ; armor stone, paver and blocks for gardens and small landscaping projects
|Main contact(s)||Scott Wilson|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2016|
|Warranty||Warranty details not yet provided|
|Accepts credit cards||No|
|24 Hour emergency service||No|
|Licensing information||Services listed by Unique Pools and Landscaping Inc. may not require a Trade License. Check local laws to confirm license requirements before hiring.|
|Insurance information||Contact Unique Pools and Landscaping Inc. to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.