Question Icon
Posted by: from Bowmanville
5/11/2011 at 6:45:38 PM

If a person asked to do your roofing for you and is not covered by WSIB. What would happen if the guy hurts himself or falls of the roof Is the homeowner responsible for the gentlemen injuries etc.?

User Icon
Date/Time5/11/2011 at 10:21:37 PM


The short answer is yes.

User Icon
Date/Time5/12/2011 at 12:08:48 AM

WCB is madatory and should always be requested by homeowner to safe guard themselves from and liabilty from contractors employees

User Icon
Date/Time5/14/2011 at 9:42:35 PM is the law to have well anyone working on your roof should have fall arrest safety cert.



User Icon
Date/Time5/17/2011 at 12:54:35 PM

You should request a copy of WSIB coverage as well as Liability Insurance.

We offer to all our clients, for peace of mind...

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.