Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Surrey homeowners have planned for their Concrete projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 26 Concrete projects posted by homeowners in Surrey seeking the services of local Concrete Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $219,000.00 with a per project average of $8,423.00.
If you're in need of a contractor for your Concrete project, use our job posting tool to get matched to local pros or browse our directory of Read Reviews of Surrey Concrete Contractors.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
I have a small simple job which requires somebody who knows how to work with exposed aggregate. I want to be able to match my existing sidewalk. The slab is 8 foot by 7 by 3 1/2 - 4 inches deep. Everything else is done, the wire mesh and rebar is already in place for the concrete to be poured. I live in the Cloverdale area and am ready to go asap!
CONCRETE GARAGE FLOOR PROJECT
The concrete garage floor in this townhouse is around 300 sq ft. and it is 14 year old. Originally, the concrete floor had the following:
a) Three major long cracks crossing the complete floor in a “Y” shape
b) A section with a big dent or sublevel surface close to the door where water was retained
c) Surface layer separation from the perimeter foundation
d) Concrete surface degradation generating constantly concrete dust
e) Surface stained with car oil and other products
f) Apparently, moist did not allow previous owner to paint the surface
On August 10th started the work on this floor and according to contractor’s suggestions, the following should be done:
1. Chipped existing slab inch down
2. Fixed cracks in existing slab
3. Installed a galvanized wire mesh
4. Resurfaced the entire slab 1 inch thick
5. Sealed the slab with penetrating sealer
6. Fixed foundation wall around the slab
7. Sacked foundation wall
8. Sealed the foundation perimeter
The contract was not completed in the one-week deadline of August 17th, and neither on the new deadline of August 28th. Therefore, the contract was cancelled due to lack of knowledge and skills to complete the work. Only job items numbers 1, 3, and partially 7 were performed.
• Presently the concrete floor is chipped and a layer of polymer bonding agent was applied on top.
• The “Y” shape cracks were not so deep and were expanded about 2 inches to both sides and they now look like channels.
• Deep large holes were made in two crack channels because some eroded and soft concrete was found. These holes reached the soil. It is believed that these two soft points could cause cracks on the floor.
• The holes were reinforced with rebar located in these two holes since was not found previous reinforcement in the floor.
• A galvanized metal mesh was nailed on top of the chipped floor.
• There are some nails on the surface to mark the level of the new concrete.
What I want:
• To finish the concrete floor professionally and with high quality.
• To have the assurance that cracks will not appear again at least for a long time.
• A polished and sealed concrete surface
• To treat the perimeter foundation to match the same style as the floor
• A surface easy to paint in the future without moist that could produce bubbles on coating materials
What I am looking for:
I am looking for an expert in concrete floors for the following:
1. Perform an honest evaluation of the current floor condition.
2. Assist in deciding if the floor is in good enough condition to hold a new surface and not getting cracked again or it is needed to place a new slab.
3. Suggest the right concrete material that is needed for this type of floor, not the concrete material that makes the contractor’s job easier.
4. Suggest additional material needed for finishing this work properly and with quality in mind.
5. Provide a detailed free estimation. In the quotation specifying each step of the work, material included, and timing. In addition, I would like to have a written warranty for this job.
Finally, it is recommended to visit this garage and have a perfect idea of my description. I am ready to listen and consider suggestion from knowledgeable experts in this matter.
I will study each proposals and quotation, no pressure is allowed. I want to have a concrete floor for long time if it is not possible for ever.
I insist in a detailed quotation to have clear communication from the beginning. Quotation must include at least labour, name of materials, work timing, and warranty.
========== 0 ==========
Need concrete slab poured around existing patio (as an extension), as shown in the PDF 'sketch' and illustrated in image 74.
House is in a strata - therefore a proposal to submit to the strata will be required. Similar projects have approved by the strata in the past without problems.
Would be great if an estimate could be given as soon as possible. Feel free to contact me if there are any questions.
Side walk along the side of the house and rear and patio around back has sunk in towards the house.
I would like a price on removing old exposed aggregate and if fill under is dirt than remove some of it and replace with gravel then compaction then new exposed aggregate.
Some landscape fill and repair to meet the new height of sidewalk and patio.
We have removed and old rotten deck and would like to have a concrete slab poured to place our new hot tub on.
Approximate size is 10' x 14' with a 4-6" thickness. Exposed agregate finish to match existing smaller slab that this will extend. Must be able to support 140lbs per square inch to support hot tub.
This is for a townhouse unit, and is a middle unit with limited access in and out of yard through neighbours yard and through house. There will be limited working space as the new hot tub has already been delivered while the complex fences were being replaced and is taking up about 1/2 the yard. New fences may or may not be up, depends on fencers schedule and when job is complete.
My garage floor is 300 square feet and has several long and smallers cracks, concrete surface degradation, several oil and oxide stains. This floor also has chracks around the perimeter close to the foundation.
My project is to resurface this garage floor first with the best concrete based material (like polymer modified concrete or 1260 MG-Krete) or other new material technology. It must be also covered the concrete foundation perimeter with the same material to match with the new surface. Before this, it will be necessary to fix present cracks through concrete welding and apply penetrating sealer to the old and new surface. It must be taken all necessary measure to avoid future cracks on the floor.
After the structural resurfacing is done, I will need to get a soft finishing on the surface to apply epoxy garage paint or a new coating if it is necessary.
I leave this subject to the experts in concrete floor that they should have a better technical opinion and suggestiong in having a long lasting garage floor.
I am looking for a detailed and accurate quote and also system of payment. I am ready to hire to the quality job proposal.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started