We hired Bradbury Architecture in January 2010 to design an additional level to our house. The following list SOME of the problems we had:
- The permit application not submitted until August - 7 months later - to do a job he originally told us would take 2 weeks. During this period, Robert was frequently unavailable, would not respond to emails or phone calls. He was consistently late with EVERY deliverable throughout the project. Attention to detail was horrible â€“ I had to highlight to him that he didnâ€™t include upstairs heating, laundry room connections in the laundry room, etc.
- Construction did not begin until Sept. - typically a VERY rainy month in Vancouver - we have now spent over $20 000 for labour and materials associated with the rainy season (tarp cost and installation/removal for work, backfill now mud and needs to be shipped out to landfill/replaced with "clean" dirt
- Robert Bradbury told us he was "well known" to city officials and could walk our permit application through the system, in reality, the city officials can't stand Bradbury. I received a phone call from the city official to clarity our permit application issues since it was obvious to her we were not being given an accurate story.
- Bradbury insisted he could design our project within our budget of $100 000. Current projections have our project budget exceeding $200 000.
- Bradbury claimed the city trusts his work so much that we would not need to hire a structural engineer. In reality, the city did require us to have a structural engineer assessment conducted and substantial changes needed to be made (significantly contributing to the cost over-runs listed above).
Response from Bradbury Architecture
We sincerely regret that that this Client has had a bad experience with our firm.
I apologized to them in 2010 and have taken positive steps to restore and improve the service we provide to all customers.
We have taken the frustration, expressed at that time and echoed in this review, as an opportuniity to improve areas of scheduling and communication so that all Clients get the service they need in a timely fashion.
We are proud of our 20 years of practice and are striving to give Clients the best possible service - we wish them every happiness.