Bradbury Architecture has 20 years experience in the design of both new buildings and renovations including interior renovations and landscape design. We can coordinate your structural design, help you with the City permit process and assist in finding the best builder for your project. Our goal is to work with you throughout your project to help yo read more...
We will never allow businesses to pay for review alterations, editing, or removals. Published reviews have undergone strict examination to avoid fraudulent/fake review posting. Learn more.
Delivered exceptional design and service from start to completion. The lot was on a steep slope and had very challenging topography, Robert and his team developed a beautiful design that worked with our lot limitations!
Quality work takes time, Robert and his team delivered!
We hired Bradbury Architecture in January 2010 to design an additional level to our house. The following list SOME of the problems we had:
- The permit application not submitted until August - 7 months later - to do a job he originally told us would take 2 weeks. During this period, Robert was frequently unavailable, would not respond to emails or phone calls. He was consistently late with EVERY deliverable throughout the project. Attention to detail was horrible â€“ I had to highlight to him that he didnâ€™t include upstairs heating, laundry room connections in the laundry room, etc.
- Construction did not begin until Sept. - typically a VERY rainy month in Vancouver - we have now spent over $20 000 for labour and materials associated with the rainy season (tarp cost and installation/removal for work, backfill now mud and needs to be shipped out to landfill/replaced with "clean" dirt
- Robert Bradbury told us he was "well known" to city officials and could walk our permit application through the system, in reality, the city officials can't stand Bradbury. I received a phone call from the city official to clarity our permit application issues since it was obvious to her we were not being given an accurate story.
- Bradbury insisted he could design our project within our budget of $100 000. Current projections have our project budget exceeding $200 000.
- Bradbury claimed the city trusts his work so much that we would not need to hire a structural engineer. In reality, the city did require us to have a structural engineer assessment conducted and substantial changes needed to be made (significantly contributing to the cost over-runs listed above).
We sincerely regret that that this Client has had a bad experience with our firm.
I apologized to them in 2010 and have taken positive steps to restore and improve the service we provide to all customers.
We have taken the frustration, expressed at that time and echoed in this review, as an opportuniity to improve areas of scheduling and communication so that all Clients get the service they need in a timely fashion.
We are proud of our 20 years of practice and are striving to give Clients the best possible service - we wish them every happiness.
Bradbury Architecture has a TrustScore™ of 2.9. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Vancouver and the surrounding areas is 2.9. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||N/A|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Available upon request|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Yes|
|In Business Since||1991|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2009|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile and we cannot endorse or guarantee the performance of any contractor. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
Bradbury Architecture has been recognized for their skills and expertise by their peers in the following categories
We have worked with Robert for many years. His level of professionalism is always appreciated. Work is completed in a timely fashion, with an open line of communication that enables clients to envision options - making the decision process easier. Bradbury Architecture excels when dealing with the Cities Boards of Variances which always helps make the whole construction process stream lined.
Bradbury Architecture has 20 years experience in the design of both new buildings and renovations including interior renovations and landscape design.
We can coordinate your structural design, help you with the City permit process and assist in finding the best builder for your project. Our goal is to work with you throughout your project to help you achieve the best design - on schedule and on budget. We are experienced at designing both residential and commercial projects.
|Main contact(s)||Robert Bradbury , Elvira Semidey|
|Alternate Phone Numbers||604-831-9451,|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2009|
|Accepts credit cards||No|
|24 Hour emergency service||No|
|Legal structure||Sole Proprietor|
|Licensing information||Business does not require a trade license|
|Insurance information||Insurance information available upon request|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.
Bradbury Architecture has contributed 5 responses to the following questions posted in the 'Ask the Pros' forum