MIG Homes is a true Calgary Family business. At MIG Homes our scope of work spans from commercial office renovations, custom home transformations, to personalized building experiences. We excel at the little details, and personal touch where other contractors fail. Our communication with each client provides weekly site meetings providing update read more...
We will never allow businesses to pay for review alterations, editing, or removals. Published reviews have undergone strict examination to avoid fraudulent/fake review posting. Learn more.
Signed contract with MIG in March 2012 for a 3 bathroom renovation.
40K total estimate.
10K deposit given before commencing project
No work completed. Not even demolition.
MIG cited financial problems after taking our 10K deposit and told us they could not carry out the renovation .
No offer to refund deposit. Offer for a brand new affiliated company Gold Creek Builders to take over job.
It is unclear if MIG is actually bankrupt officially. Caution for those considering hiring either MIG or Gold Creek Builders.
What we had done: ensuite almost fully renovated: wall unit & cabinets installed w/new sink, new tub and tile, new flooring, new fixtures, and shower was retiled. Granite counter tops along with upper/ lower cabinets and a pantry style cabinet added in the kitchen. Cabinet and counter added in mud room.
Here is what we experienced:
- Project plan 6 -8 weeks. We understand there are delays, but reno took from July 30th to Nov 19th which was 16 weeks.
- Demoed ensuite to start the project Jul 30, then very little was done leaving us without the use of our bathroom for months. Told was done and able to use except for the mirror Oct 29th. Mirror finally installed Nov 10th and was not centered, fixed Nov 19th ending project.
- Waited weeks for ensuite reconstruction to start. Called Warren he said "I was expecting this call two weeks ago". Why didn't he call to explain long before I had to call then? Were told the cabinet company lost the order, Warren never checked on the progress, had to reorder when they never came on expected delivery date.
- Counter for the mud room wasn't installed, we asked where it was. Were told it was cancelled with the cabinet order... I thought the cabinet order was lost not cancelled, which was it?
- After cabinet mix up, only heard from Warren when it was time for them to get paid and never heard from Odessa again. Before the work started Odessa assured us that they focus on the job and would be with us every step of the way, that didn't happen. Found out from a sub contractor a guy named Sam was organising the work on our place for Warren. Sam never contacted us or met us until the last week in October, when most of the job was completed.
- Cabinets were finished in the ensuite for weeks, but mirror was not measured until the last week of October. Were told was a "miscommunication" between Sam and Warren.
- After waiting and discussing what we wanted with both Warren and Odessa on more than one occasion; extra cabinets were ordered for the mud room we didn't want and a few were the wrong type/finishing. At least one drawer front in the kitchen was ordered incorrect. Corrected drawer front finally installed Nov 12th.
- Warren repeatedly told us he would send us drawings, info, choices, etc. And we always had to request he send it days later when we were still waiting for it.
- Warren is always late and seems disorganised (is this where the "lost" orders come from?). One time he even showed up to take measurements without a tape measure or even a pen to write them down!
- Sam told us we would get cleaners coming in when the project wrapped up; didnâ€™t happen.
- We were told that Warren would sit down with us to review our budget savings/overruns, but that didnâ€™t happen either. Just sent us our last invoices and requested we leave cheque for them to pick up.
While we were satisfied with the final product, if you are looking for customer service and a timely renovation, we would definitely NOT recommend MIG Homes.
MIG Homes has a TrustScore™ of 1.7. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Calgary and the surrounding areas is 2.9. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Available upon request|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Available upon request|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2007|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2010|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile and we cannot endorse or guarantee the performance of any contractor. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
Accessibility, Architectural Design, Basement Lowering, Bathtub Refinishing, Cabinetry and Millwork, Carpentry, Ceiling, Closet and Storage, Commercial Renovations, Concrete Work, Countertops, Decks, Demolition Work, Design Build, Drywalling, Duct Cleaning, Electrical, Excavation Services, Fencing, Floor Heating, Foundations, Framing, Garage Construction, Garage Doors, General Contracting, Handyman Services, Home Additions, Home Construction, Home Restoration, Home Staging, Home Theaters, Interior Design, Land Clearing, Painting, Plumbing, Property Maintenance, Roofing, Shed Construction, Stonework, Structural Engineering, Stucco, Tiling, Trash Removal, Water Heating, Windows and Doors
MIG Homes is a true Calgary Family business. At MIG Homes our scope of work spans from commercial office renovations, custom home transformations, to personalized building experiences. We excel at the little details, and personal touch where other contractors fail. Our communication with each client provides weekly site meetings providing updated reports on progress and detailed budget transparency. Our team encompasses experienced designers, builders, site superintendents and only the best trades available. We routinely provide workshops brimming with information to educate and inform attendees of how to plan and execute taking on a project. Join us on Facebook at MIG Homes to stay connected or call directly to discuss how MIG Homes might be a good fit for your next project.
|Main contact(s)||Trevor Mueller , Odessa Mendonca|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2010|
|Accepts credit cards||Yes|
|24 Hour emergency service||No|
|Licensing information||Licensing information available upon request|
|Insurance information||Insurance information available upon request|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.