What we had done: ensuite almost fully renovated: wall unit & cabinets installed w/new sink, new tub and tile, new flooring, new fixtures, and shower was retiled. Granite counter tops along with upper/ lower cabinets and a pantry style cabinet added in the kitchen. Cabinet and counter added in mud room.
Here is what we experienced:
- Project plan 6 -8 weeks. We understand there are delays, but reno took from July 30th to Nov 19th which was 16 weeks.
- Demoed ensuite to start the project Jul 30, then very little was done leaving us without the use of our bathroom for months. Told was done and able to use except for the mirror Oct 29th. Mirror finally installed Nov 10th and was not centered, fixed Nov 19th ending project.
- Waited weeks for ensuite reconstruction to start. Called Warren he said "I was expecting this call two weeks ago". Why didn't he call to explain long before I had to call then? Were told the cabinet company lost the order, Warren never checked on the progress, had to reorder when they never came on expected delivery date.
- Counter for the mud room wasn't installed, we asked where it was. Were told it was cancelled with the cabinet order... I thought the cabinet order was lost not cancelled, which was it?
- After cabinet mix up, only heard from Warren when it was time for them to get paid and never heard from Odessa again. Before the work started Odessa assured us that they focus on the job and would be with us every step of the way, that didn't happen. Found out from a sub contractor a guy named Sam was organising the work on our place for Warren. Sam never contacted us or met us until the last week in October, when most of the job was completed.
- Cabinets were finished in the ensuite for weeks, but mirror was not measured until the last week of October. Were told was a "miscommunication" between Sam and Warren.
- After waiting and discussing what we wanted with both Warren and Odessa on more than one occasion; extra cabinets were ordered for the mud room we didn't want and a few were the wrong type/finishing. At least one drawer front in the kitchen was ordered incorrect. Corrected drawer front finally installed Nov 12th.
- Warren repeatedly told us he would send us drawings, info, choices, etc. And we always had to request he send it days later when we were still waiting for it.
- Warren is always late and seems disorganised (is this where the "lost" orders come from?). One time he even showed up to take measurements without a tape measure or even a pen to write them down!
- Sam told us we would get cleaners coming in when the project wrapped up; didn t happen.
- We were told that Warren would sit down with us to review our budget savings/overruns, but that didn t happen either. Just sent us our last invoices and requested we leave cheque for them to pick up.
While we were satisfied with the final product, if you are looking for customer service and a timely renovation, we would definitely NOT recommend MIG Homes.