PROS Contracting is owned and operated by Pamel Jones who has over 20 years of experience in custom home building and renovations. The mission of PROS Contracting is to bring quality workmanship with value pricing to each customer and complete each job to the customers satisfaction, NOT just what it says in an agreement. From Concept to Comple read more...
We will never allow businesses to pay for review alterations, editing, or removals. Published reviews have undergone strict examination to avoid fraudulent/fake review posting. Learn more.
WARNING: Do not let this man or his crew into your home. I hired Pamel to finish my basement as a rental unit. He quoted the job and assured me he would personally do the work.
He sub-contracted the work out, where my nightmare begins. The framer was constantly hitting on me and making inappropriate comments. I later learned from another contractor onsite, that he was taking pictures of me with his phone from behind. I complained to Pamel, so he brought on another contractor. This is where the nightmare got worse...
My neighbour informed me that the replacement guy was smoking pot all day (in front of my neighbours kids). The work was EXTREMELY sloppy and they were already a month delayed. I again, raised my concern to Pamel who told his guy. The following day, I came home to a furious contractor who threatened me, and I quote "you shouldn't have ratted me out. Did you know I've been charged with manslaughter and assault? you don't want to mess with me".
I was single, and living alone and now frightened for my safety and the renovation is no where from being complete. I was losing money because I couldn't get a tenant until the basement was completed. Pamel completed the remainder of the work (4 months later) and it was the worst basement job you've ever seen.
This is the end result:
1. He framed the wall more than a foot out from my wall (to avoid bulkheads and corners), losing valuable square feet in the space. the 3 bedroom basement turned into one bedroom.
2. He did not insulate the exterior walls (or anywhere!), and 2 months later my pipes froze and I had to call in an emergency plumber and contractor to remove the bathroom wall, insulate and put the bathroom back together, costing me an additional $3000.
3. He did not instal a subfloor, (laminate on top of dirt ground) and there are gaping swells in the floor (not to mention bugs)
4. A full size bathroom (including tub) is now the size of a tiny powder room.
5. I could not close my electrical permit with the ESA because of 20 electrical discrepancies! Which I flagged as he went along (he brushed me off as if I didn't know what I was talking about - not using tamper resistant outlets, dedicated breaker for appliances etc)
6. He framed in the cable outlet (even though I pointed it out) and no cable provider can legally phish it out,
7. After all of this, I cannot rent out my once legal rental unit. He did not insulate between floors, and you can hear a pin drop from the upper floors.
I've been forced to swallow thousands of dollars as a result of hiring Pamel Jones. This is the worst experience I have had, forcing me to take time off work due to the anguish and financial burden this caused me. Beware.
PROS Contracting has a TrustScore™ of 2.1. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Bowmanville and the surrounding areas is 3.4. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Available upon request|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2011|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2012|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile and we cannot endorse or guarantee the performance of any contractor. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
Carpentry, Carpeting, Ceiling, Countertops, Decks, Drywalling, Fencing, Flooring, General Contracting, Handyman Services, Home Inspection, Landscaping, Painting, Property Maintenance, Shed Construction, Stonework, Tiling, Demolition Work, Floor Heating, Home Construction, Interior Design, Plastering, Window Treatment
PROS Contracting is owned and operated by Pamel Jones who has over 20 years of experience in custom home building and renovations.
The mission of PROS Contracting is to bring quality workmanship with value pricing to each customer and complete each job to the customers satisfaction, NOT just what it says in an agreement.
From Concept to Completion, let PROS Contracting build your dream home, one project at a time!!
|Main contact(s)||Pamel Jones|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2012|
|Accepts credit cards||No|
|24 Hour emergency service||Yes|
|Legal structure||Sole Proprietor|
|Licensing information||Licensing information available upon request|
|Insurance information||Contact PROS Contracting to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.