Computer Problems? Our repair technicians are Microsoft MCSE, Apple, Network+ and A+ certified. So no matter what problems you are experiencing with your Network, Printer, Router, SmartTV, PC or MAC computer, you can rest assured that a qualified person will be there to get the job done right. Our Performance: read more...
We will never allow businesses to pay for review alterations, editing, or removals. Published reviews have undergone strict examination to avoid fraudulent/fake review posting. Learn more.
Called TechEspresso, explained what was happening with PC trying to download new
security updates for windows 10. Kept getting a blue screen and PC would freeze. They were very pleasant to speak with on the phone, knew the problem and said they had the expertise to fix it. Booked an appointment.
Kris was our tech, he phoned to let me know he was on the way and arrived early. He was very friendly, polite and very informative as to what was wrong. Computer fixed and running than it did before. Kris had excellent knowledge working with computers.
Excellent company and service. Would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone having problems.
Thank you for the wonderful review Shirley!
I had Chad attend my home last evening to install my smart light bulbs and do a health check on my tablet. A lovely young man. He was polite and very knowledgeable. He asked questions ensuring that what he was doing was what was best for my situation!
I will definitely let my friends and family know about the great service and highly recommend Tech!Espresso
Thank you very much for your wonderful review Karlyn. We are very appreciative! Have yourself a great day :)
Extremely disappointed: diagnostics of my laptop took 1.5 hrs as the tech guy took forever even to remove the lid from the laptop. Once it was finally established that the motherboard was faulty, I requested to order the part and replace it. I emphasized the repair was urgent. From here starts a saga of poor and inadequate customer service: yes the part was ordered, no the part wasn't ordered, actually the part was ordered but the order could not be fulfilled, now the part can be reordered but will cost you $100 more, OK it has been reordered and it's coming next week, well actually it's not coming as we cancelled this order for no reason. The company never considered contacting me with updates on order delays - all the follow up was my initiative. No alternative solutions were offered, no support - nothing whatsoever. I lost two weeks on waiting and still didn't get my laptop repaired. They didn't even offer to take the data off the hard disk so it could be used on a different laptop. Needless to say, this company has lost my business forever.
In response to your comment:
It’s a pity that your company is only willing to deal with a problem after receiving a bad review. However, in this particular case my review is 100% honest and truthful – from my perspective as a customer.
Starting from the very beginning:
1) I called your company to describe my computer problem – absolutely black screen, though the fan was working and the hard drive indicator blinking. A 5-minute Google search tells me that one of the most basic methods of diagnostics in this case is performed with an alternative screen – yet, your tech rep shows up without any. Unprepared at best - a bit of a red flag.
2) Your tech representative proceeds with diagnostics and takes forever to remove the lid from the laptop. I am not a tech expert, but honestly I can do it faster myself – at one point I even started helping him to save some time. Either he is stalling the time to charge me more or he plainly doesn’t know what he is doing? At any rate, another red flag.
3) He establishes that the hard drive is in working order. Both you and I know that it is perfectly possible to copy the files from the hard drive and transfer them onto a flash memory to make them accessible from any other laptop or computer. Yet, the only choice your tech rep gives me is to buy a new laptop or to order a new motherboard. Doesn’t inspire much confidence in the professionalism of the guy - another red flag.
4) I am not in a position to buy a new laptop and I desperately need access to the accounting file on my hard drive. So, given this extra limited choice I choose to get a new motherboard. The tech rep proceeds to connect with your offices to find out if the part can be ordered and while this conversation goes on, I am still being charged for the time in diagnostics. To put it mildly, it’s unfair and doesn’t help to inspire any more confidence in your company.
5) After that part is ordered and I am charged for 1.5 hrs of time wasted at every opportunity, I expect to receive the part the following week. Please refer to my review to find out exactly how I was informed of the progress of that delivery during the next 2 weeks. You will see that I received minimal information on what was going on and only after I had contacted your tech rep myself. You are welcome to review the text messages between me and your tech rep (Obi).
6) Finally, when I found out that the order was cancelled again (no reasons were ever given to me as to why it happened the second time), I got the impression that your company simply doesn’t want to deal with my computer repair and uses poor communication, delay tactics and price increases to get rid of me as a customer.
Maybe you couldn’t source the missing part, but surely you could have informed me of that in better detail and in a timely manner. Especially since I emphasized that it’s an urgent matter.
Also, the faulty motherboard aside, I do not comprehend why your tech rep never offered to copy the files from the working hard drive. That’s exactly what my friend did for me after your company dropped my case. This fact alone makes me seriously doubt the professionalism of your company tech reps.
To conclude: my case was mishandled from beginning to end and almost caused me to miss an important deadline. If you issue me a full refund of $133.35, I will remove my review after receiving the funds. Otherwise, the review stays so that your potential customers realize that their cases may be mistreated in the exact same way mine was.
We are sorry that you were not happy with our performance in the repair/replacement of your laptops Main-Board. In this particular case, there was absolutely nothing we could do to obtain the required Main-Board for your system. The supplier had an incorrect stock published for this item and could not deliver it to us. It was also not possible to source this item anywhere else and were forced to turn-down the repair. We are truly sorry about this and can fully understand your frustration - however, as mentioned, this was entirely out of our hands and we could not obtain the requested part by any means possible. We would kindly like to ask you to remove this review, as it is not related to our actual ability and may confuse future customers when searching for our professional services.
Bjorn (Owner at Tech!Espresso).
I was impressed that Bjorn chatted with me on line on a Sunday. Very easy to organize an appointment and minimal fee to travel to Cochrane. They had the part ordered and in the next day. I made an appointment and they sent a reminder and a courtesy call to let me know they were coming. Kris was friendly and professional and repaired my lap top for less then I was expecting. Writing my review on my newly fixed lap top right now. Thanks, will be using them again!
I would like to thank you for the great review of our services. Very much appreciated!
Have yourself a wonderful weekend. :)
Tech!Espresso has a TrustScore™ of 3.2. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Calgary and the surrounding areas is 3.3. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Services listed by Tech!Espresso may not require a Trade License. Check local laws to confirm license requirements before hiring.|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2007|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2017|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile and we cannot endorse or guarantee the performance of any contractor. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
We do: Virus Removal, Liquid Spill Repair, File Recovery, Startup/Boot Repair, Screen Replacements and anything else PC or Mac computer related directly in your home or office while you watch. All work guaranteed!
Computer Problems? Our repair technicians are Microsoft MCSE, Apple, Network+ and A+ certified. So no matter what problems you are experiencing with your Network, Printer, Router, SmartTV, PC or MAC computer, you can rest assured that a qualified person will be there to get the job done right.
Our Performance: Our technician will give you a quick call before your scheduled appointment to let you know we are on our way. Once we arrive, you will be warmly greeted and shown the utmost respect of privacy when entering your home or office. Our bonded technicians are a guarantee for honesty and show that we care about our customers security and well-being at the highest level. Our ambitions are proven to provide outstanding ''above-and-beyond'' services to ensure each customer receives top quality, lasting results in the repair of anything and everything computer related.
We come equipped with all certifications, tools and software required to repair any computer related issue directly onsite, within your home or office immediately.
Please look us over the shoulder if you like. We encourage customers to learn our procedures and make easy to follow instructions, so you can fix some issues on your own, saving you time and money in the future (optional, and of course free).
Our Offer: One rate for all services. We charge by the hour and not by the item. This allows us to complete everything on your list without billing you for each individual task. Our fully certified technicians work very efficiently in getting everything resolved quickly - and correctly - the very first time, so you save money now - and later down the road through lasting results.
|Main contact(s)||Bjorn Hufer|
|Alternate Phone Numbers||587-355-2131, 403-973-2941|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2017|
|Warranty||We have a fixed or free policy and a life-time warranty on all LCD and Touchpanel Screens.|
|Accepts credit cards||Yes|
|24 Hour emergency service||No|
|Legal structure||Sole Proprietor|
|Licensing information||Services listed by Tech!Espresso may not require a Trade License. Check local laws to confirm license requirements before hiring.|
|Insurance information||Contact Tech!Espresso to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.