Which trade fixes security buzzer?

Question Icon
Posted by: from Montreal
1/12/2015 at 1:48:24 PM

Security buzzer is not working on the front door of my duplex since they changed the front door 3 years ago. Who do I call to fix it, an Electrician?

Only looking for suggestions at this time.

Thank you.

User Icon
Date/Time1/13/2015 at 12:40:34 PM

Hi Ken

I would think there are two options depending on the type / style of the buzzer.

If the buzzer is part of a whole-home system or part of your telephone system then the likely the best person to call would be the company installer (usually a locksmith) for your product. They will likely stock any of the necessary pieces / parts if it is a common brand.

If it is a no-name brand or customer installed or if the problem is definitely related to a damaged wire, then I suspect an electrical contractor might be the best to call. I suggest that simple because they would have all the necessary tools and techniques to get a new wire to that location, where a locksmith would (in most cases) be limited.



John Kuehnl-Cadwell

Master Electrician

Datawise Solutions Inc

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.