Replacing a watermain

Question Icon
Posted by: from Scarborough
7/27/2011 at 4:37:01 PM

I need to replace my water main coming into the house from the shut-off valve outside

User Icon
Date/Time7/28/2011 at 5:24:50 PM

HI Andrew.

It would be best to post your project on the site so that experienced trades in this area can view it and respond accordingly.


KIngsway Construction Inc

Glenn Rosborough

User Icon
Date/Time9/29/2011 at 7:26:59 PM

Hello Andrew,

The first thing you should do is get your property surveyed and marked out.

Your going to need a permit. Its probably going to cost you about $200.00 from your building deparment.

I would recommend 3/4" type K soft copper from your local plumbing supplier. If your main enters the front of the house through the floor, get a these items, 66' roll of 3/4" copper tube type K, 3/4" Water box valve, 3/4" ford valve and a water box. These should be corperation type compression fittings. then call a few plumbing companies and get prices for labour.

For the excavation, you really should hire a company for this one.

Good luck!

Dominic Choocomolin

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.