Horrible !!!! Read below. Button heating & air conditioning was sent by home depot and made a mess, damages, and not proper air conditioning install even with a second return to my home. Then called me a liar by company representative and said that everything I stated was false. Yet I have pictures and witnesses. Forced (take it or leave it settlement) that didn't even cover cost of damages
Receive no copys of invoice, paperwork for warranty on unit.
- Large pieces of wood & concrete left all over floor / stairs in basement aswell as they dust, chips. Sharp metal cut off pieces and sheet metal screws left on on floor. With install crew coffee cups,pop bottles, food wrappers,
- Crew smoking on property during install and dropping the still lite cigarettes drown the cracks of my wooden deck. Notice the leaves etc under the deck where smoking and on fire and had to be quick but out with hose.
- Crew asked to use vacume for little bit of dust. After crew left and went use use vacume noticed both the one we use for our couches/carpets was filled and jammed with large pieces of wood and concrete block and the other stainless steel wet/dry shop-vac was same motor jammed with wood concrete items and sheet metal screws. There was mess in areas of basement where crew wasn't installing. Tried to clean and clear out both vacumes but still did not work after. Wood chips/ concrete found all over kids clothes and toys in opposite end of install where vacuum left behind, like it exploded there.
- Cut off sharp pieces of sheet metal left on driveway / front entrance and inside by childrens play area / thermostat
- Large mess of concrete / wood / siding / dust left behind on my neighbors driveway.
- Some wired dark greasy stains left on house siding that does not wash off
- The furnace filter crew install was used and dirty.
- Large gaps in ductwork. So large there was no airflow to main floor. Even showed crew on there second return a week later that my hand/arm fits thew a few of the joints. The gaps where making high pitch whistle noises so loud you could hear on top floor and outside of home.
- On protective covers on electrical boxes installed with exposed wires. Asked many times to have the large hole drilled in foundation to be filled and protected from the outside elements. I ended up filling it myself and filling in the gaps on ductwork with aluminum foil tape.
- Crew did not have my new thermostat on install date and left us with dirty used one till next week return.
- Crew seemed very upset that I didn't sign the paperwork saying completely satisfied with work and that they had to come back for thermostat.
- The thermostat install company sold me for $185 plus tax. Home depot sells it for $100 and walmart for $41 !!!!
- Crew left install without turning on unit and test. I had to turn it on. Switch to furnace was left off.
- I asked crew do they wait and test unit or floor vents etc to insure working properly. They said no. They didn't look at any floor vents or air return. Spoke with many different heating / air comomany and all said to me the crew should have waited around and had tester units on floor vents to monitor and balance out the gas pressures to insure a good efficent unit and have unit around 500 microns. None of this happened with te crew. My unit was install on saturday afternoon and all I hers crew talk about was how fast can they leave and start there weekend and dates,
- Bissell vacume regal price is $229 but purchase on sale for $179 plus tax. Still needs replacing
- Stainless steel shop vac. Unsure regular price but paid $279 plus tax. Still needs replacing