Serving Durham and the Greater Toronto Area since 1977, Buttons Heating specializes in the sales, service, installation and replacement of heating and air conditioning equipment, for both residential and commercial clientele. Our primary mission is to help each and every one of our customers make informed decisions in attaining affordable read more...
Button's Heating and Air Conditioning installed a Daikin furnace on Aug.29/16. I have been very happy with everyone from the service technician to the installers. I am looking forward to a problem free winter and cleaner air flow.
Horrible !!!! Read below. Button heating & air conditioning was sent by home depot and made a mess, damages, and not proper air conditioning install even with a second return to my home. Then called me a liar by company representative and said that everything I stated was false. Yet I have pictures and witnesses. Forced (take it or leave it settlement) that didn't even cover cost of damages
Receive no copys of invoice, paperwork for warranty on unit.
- Large pieces of wood & concrete left all over floor / stairs in basement aswell as they dust, chips. Sharp metal cut off pieces and sheet metal screws left on on floor. With install crew coffee cups,pop bottles, food wrappers,
- Crew smoking on property during install and dropping the still lite cigarettes drown the cracks of my wooden deck. Notice the leaves etc under the deck where smoking and on fire and had to be quick but out with hose.
- Crew asked to use vacume for little bit of dust. After crew left and went use use vacume noticed both the one we use for our couches/carpets was filled and jammed with large pieces of wood and concrete block and the other stainless steel wet/dry shop-vac was same motor jammed with wood concrete items and sheet metal screws. There was mess in areas of basement where crew wasn't installing. Tried to clean and clear out both vacumes but still did not work after. Wood chips/ concrete found all over kids clothes and toys in opposite end of install where vacuum left behind, like it exploded there.
- Cut off sharp pieces of sheet metal left on driveway / front entrance and inside by childrens play area / thermostat
- Large mess of concrete / wood / siding / dust left behind on my neighbors driveway.
- Some wired dark greasy stains left on house siding that does not wash off
- The furnace filter crew install was used and dirty.
- Large gaps in ductwork. So large there was no airflow to main floor. Even showed crew on there second return a week later that my hand/arm fits thew a few of the joints. The gaps where making high pitch whistle noises so loud you could hear on top floor and outside of home.
- On protective covers on electrical boxes installed with exposed wires. Asked many times to have the large hole drilled in foundation to be filled and protected from the outside elements. I ended up filling it myself and filling in the gaps on ductwork with aluminum foil tape.
- Crew did not have my new thermostat on install date and left us with dirty used one till next week return.
- Crew seemed very upset that I didn't sign the paperwork saying completely satisfied with work and that they had to come back for thermostat.
- The thermostat install company sold me for $185 plus tax. Home depot sells it for $100 and walmart for $41 !!!!
- Crew left install without turning on unit and test. I had to turn it on. Switch to furnace was left off.
- I asked crew do they wait and test unit or floor vents etc to insure working properly. They said no. They didn't look at any floor vents or air return. Spoke with many different heating / air comomany and all said to me the crew should have waited around and had tester units on floor vents to monitor and balance out the gas pressures to insure a good efficent unit and have unit around 500 microns. None of this happened with te crew. My unit was install on saturday afternoon and all I hers crew talk about was how fast can they leave and start there weekend and dates,
- Bissell vacume regal price is $229 but purchase on sale for $179 plus tax. Still needs replacing
- Stainless steel shop vac. Unsure regular price but paid $279 plus tax. Still needs replacing
We purchased and new furnace from Button's Heating and had a great experience. Our sales rep Mitch was very informative and listened to all my questions and concerns. The installation happened very quickly which worked out very well for us. The 2 gentlemen that came to install the furnace were very courteous, informative and were very mindful in keeping all areas clean. We would highly recommend anyone to deal with Button's Heating.
I had a couple of estimates to replace a very old A/C unit and decided to go with Buttons. Todd came to my home and told me everything I need to know to make an informed decision. I was treated with kindness and respect and by the time our meeting was at the half way mark I felt like family. A few days later John and his crew came to install the unit and it was so refreshing to see people who care and respect their customers. They covered my floors with tarps and walked me thru everything they were going to do to install my unit. Again I felt like family, the guys were thoughtful, funny and very professional. I was told that they're available 24/7 should any problem arise and they back their work 100%. I would recommend them in a heartbeat
Button's Heating Inc. has a TrustScore™ of 4.7. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Pickering and the surrounding areas is 3.8. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Yes|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Available upon request|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Yes|
|Ever Provided False or Misleading Information||No|
|Social Media Profiles|
|Endorsed by Peers||Yes|
|In Business Since||1977|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2011|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
Button's Heating Inc. has been recognized for their skills and expertise by their peers in the following categories
I have worked with Button's Heating for several years now and have supplied them with all their hvac designs and calculations. They do professional installations as per my drawings and if they ever need to deviate from the original design, they call me first to confirm what changes they intend to make. Button's Heating installers do high quality installations and know how to make a home feel comfortable all year round. I highly recommend them for your next furnace or air conditioner installation.
Having worked with Button's Heating for approximately 10 years, supplying our electrical knowledge and experience and recently becoming a client, its easy to see how their services and professionalism are placing them on the top rung of the heating and air conditioning ladder. Whether the installation is residential, commercial or industrial its clear that Joe, his brothers and his staff take pride in going the extra mile to ensure all their installations are performed to a high quality of standard for proper operation and customer satisfaction. There is only one company, based on my experience, that I would recommend for any HVAC needs and that would be Button's Heating. Michael Dlugosz
We offer a full line of top quality furnaces, air conditioners, air cleaners, humidifiers, thermostats from leading manufacturers like Trane & Daikin. From installation to service, Button's Heating has a full team of qualified staff to serve you.
We offer duct cleaning service with the sanitization of your ducts included! Pricing is based on your square footage so request a quote today!
We offer the purchase or rental water heaters, tankless water heaters and Energy star water heaters.
Warm up your home with the convenience and ease of use of a gas fireplace. We offer installation and service of gas fireplaces, direct vent and fireplace inserts.
Serving Durham and the Greater Toronto Area since 1977, Buttons Heating specializes in the sales, service, installation and replacement of heating and air conditioning equipment, for both residential and commercial clientele.
Our primary mission is to help each and every one of our customers make informed decisions in attaining affordable solutions to their specific needs. As a result our company is built on repeat business. Our customers know and expect that our work will be completed right the first time.
Button's Heating Inc. was awarded Best of TrustedPros in 2014 for Heating & Air Conditioning and Water Heating in Pickering.
Button's Heating Inc. was awarded Best of TrustedPros in 2012 for Duct Cleaning and Heating & Air Conditioning in Scarborough.
|Main Contact(s):||Renee Taylor , Joe Button|
|Alternate Phone Numbers:||905-424-0540, 905-432-1929,|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2011|
|Accepts credit cards:||Yes|
|24 Hour emergency Service:||Yes|
|Licensing Information:||Click here to view our Licensing information|
|Insurance Information:||Insurance information available upon request|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.