I have had an ongoing problem with my double doors that they seem to have no clue how to fix ( they have been to my home three times and counting ). Water comes in when there is a strong rain and now with winter here there is ice forming on the bottom of the doors from the cold air coming in. They say I should get an overhanging roof, yet for the 15 years before I never had any issues. The salesman is just that, a salesman, no help what so ever. I'm at a loss at what to do other than keep calling them back. I know one thing for sure, I will never refer them to anyone.
We had our windows and doors installed starting in December of 2010 and finishing in Spring of 2011.
There were numerous issues wrong:
- metal was imperfectly cast in wrought iron door necessitating replacement
- rear garden door panel leaked needed replacement
- screen for rear garden door was wrong size and needed to be replaced
- rear garden door was not installed properly (didn't know till spring) would not stay open as door was not installed level
- no caulking was installed around top of basement windows
-screws were drilled into door frames without countersinking and now as a result are splitting
- excess glue or sealant was left around window frame on garden rear door when panel was replaced
- FM Clera installer was not an employee but a contractor(this may have now changed)
- locksets were not professionally installed and the damage is now evident.
- the installer damaged the eves when they did the second story and this is still not repaired even though I mentioned this numerous times.
- this past spring cleaning siding on second story found that top of one window wasn't caulked at all (2 1/2 yrs later!)
- removed trim this summer around door to paint and found gaps where foam was not installed. I am now checking other windows and will be checking doors.
Overall I am not very satisfied with FM/CLERA. THe sad thing is that this could be rectified. I had a house and a rental property done by them in Kingston and the installation crew was superb and the franchise salesman excellent at following up.
The product they make is as good as any other on the market. As I see it their problem here in the GTA is poor installation, and poor quality control.
Update: June 18th . After numerous issues that have been ongoing since 2010, we had the crew from CLERA Windows Kingston here to rectify and remediate. They removed all the old trim and refoamed/reflashed. The sad thing was that by and large when most of the windows that they removed the trim from were exposed it was discovered that there was little to no foam to installed. In one case around the back garden patio doors I was able to slide my hand in and touch the back of the inside moulding. This was around 80% of the door frame. I have literally been heating the out of doors since winter 2010. Folks please check that there is foam installed before you let the installers put trim in place inside and outside. Further if you live in York Region where this installer (Drew) works I would suggest you pull the inside trim and look to see if foam was installed. I have video if you would like to see it email me.
CLERA FM WIndows and Doors has a TrustScore™ of 1.9. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Concord and the surrounding areas is 3.5. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Not yet provided|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Ever Provided False or Misleading Information||No|
|Company Website||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2014|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
|Main Contact(s):||Elijah Vieau|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2014|
|Accepts credit cards:||Yes|
|24 Hour emergency Service:||Yes|
|Legal structure:||Please Select|
|Licensing Information:||Contact CLERA FM WIndows and Doors to request licensing info.|
|Insurance Information:||Contact CLERA FM WIndows and Doors to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.