We live in a 1500 sq ft Cape Cod style home in Ottawa South and would like to add an office on the second floor by lifting the roof between the two existing dormers (access to the room would be from the Mater Bedroom.
We are looking at two possibilities for the first floor:
1. Leave the first floor open and just have a covered porch
2. Enclose the first floor to increase living space in the house
What would be the ballpark cost for each option?
1. The concept we are aiming for (just much simpler design)
2. Our house
3. Master bedroom (on the left when looking at the house)
4. Bedroom (on the right when looking at the house)
First off I am from Kelowna B.C. so there will be slight price differences I'm assuming. Are these dormers an addition from original as it seems to me there are post that have been put in as the walls are not flush. Open concept would make entrance feel more grand, but if you need more space it would add approximately $20000.00 Open concept budget $220000.00.
Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.Find your home service pro