Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Maple Ridge homeowners have planned for their Electrical projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 20 Electrical projects posted by homeowners in Maple Ridge seeking the services of local Electricians. Total estimated value of these projects is $60,000.00 with a per project average of $3,000.00.
If you're in need of a contractor for your Electrical project, use our job posting tool to get matched to local pros or browse our directory of Read Reviews of Maple Ridge Electricians.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
Description: 1920 sqft 2-floor home built in 1950. Some electrical upgrades in 1998. All copper wiring; no grounding; no knob&tube.
- Upgrade main service from 60 to 100 Amps. Will require relocating the main panel a couple feet to the side. New mast and meter will be installed on exterior (and probably new main leads from the road).
- Install grounding plate and ground cable to main panel; bond all gas and copper plumbing.
- Install 60 Amp subpanel in 12'x20' singlecar detached garage, 40 ft from house/main panel; trenching will be done in advance. Install 1 GFCI outdoor plug, 1 outdoor motion light, 2 indoor 2-bulb fluorescent fixtures and wall switches, 3-4 indoor plugs. Garage interior is unfinished = walls are open-stud, un-insulated; open access to ceiling joists for lighting.
I am replacing my old hot tub with a new one that requires 60 amps. I need an electrician to prepare the electrical for when my new hot tub arrives. My mechanical/Electrical room is located approximately 20 feet from the hot tub. There is an existing underground conduit with easy access at each end to fish the new wiring through. There is also a couple of minor electrical repairs I need done in this same room.
1. Remove/install new outside motion detector light on NW corner of house (i.e., owner purchased).
2. Remove old lantern on garage wall by west garage door and install new motion detector lantern (i.e., owner purchased)
3. Install new motion detector light switchs (i.e., owner provided) inside the house:
A. In hallway, next to master bedroom controlling hallway lights.
B. In Laundry room controlling laundry room lights.
4. Remove old smaller roof light fixture and replace with new larger roof light fixture in office area (i.e., owner purchased).
5. Determine where the light switch is for the outside lantern light on north wall of house. Has it been disconnected from the existing light switch(s) which controls other outside lights in the same area? Can it be reconnected?
6. Determine what the light switch in the front living room controls. Should it control wall plugs in the front living room? Can it be reconnected?
7. Check to see if front living room plug on east wall is connected correctly. Top receptacle in wall plug didn't work when we purchased house. When I inspected the plug, we found that the top receptacle was NOT wired, so I placed what I thought were appropriate wires to connect the top receptacle?.
8. How (and what would be the cost) can we install a larger amp line to the garden shed? What is possible?
I am opening a bakery in d/t Maple Ridge, and require an electrician for the install of electric 44 amp oven and electric 40 gal H/W tank. Oven goes 25-30 feet from panel and tank is 12-15 feet away (suspended ceiling). I think we require a permit, but am not positive. Have had the job quoted already but was not thrilled with quoted price or his approach. Would very much like another option.
We have a large media room (17x13) that we would like to put a wall up to create a bedroom and the remaining space to be an open study/office nook. We would need someone to frame a wall & closet, move electrical so there is a light switch in both rooms, drywall tape/mud. We also have a nook above the fire place that we would like square off (remove decorative squares) and opened up to place TV above fire place (See pic attached).
We will also be looking to hire painters to paint our main floor (kitchen, living room & foyer) and up the stairway into the hallway and the new bedroom. Approx 1000 sqft. A separate quote for the painting is good.
We have a very old electrical panel, pushmatic with 100 amp service. The house is +50 yrs old and <2000 sft. two floors. The meter is in the carport, the panel right behind it. We need to price the difference between replacing our exhisting panel with our current service as opposed to upgrading our house to 200 amp service.
Hi my name is Ella and I have collaborated with The Home Team, a non profit organization who give free renovations to needy families and we are in need of plumbers, electricians, and drywallers. If you would like to donate your time to this worthwhile project please contact me at 604 866-6271 or Russ at 604 240-1985.
City TV will be covering this project as well as other papers. Your name will go on The Home Teams website as a sponsor and I will personally put an ad in the newspaper Thanking you and/or your company for your services.
Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.
The project address is 11673 272 st Maple Ridge BC
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started