We at Evolving Homes Ltd build with ICF (Insulated Concrete Form) because we believe that it is one the best building materials to give a home owner the most benefits for their investment when building a new home. We are a leading ICF company working closely with the manufacturer and our clients. We specialize in custom home builds - we can wo read more...
Poor workmanship. Empty promises. Dishonest contractor with poor work ethic and no attention to details whatsoever.
Here in a few points what makes John embury-hyatt the worst contractor from experience.
- They never respected the time frame they were given to finish the renovation. The basement was promised to be done within a couple of months back in 2014. It is now 2016 and we are still trying to have the basement completely done.
- Not trustworthy. He went over budget by more than $7,000 without letting us know!
- Quality of his work. We are far from the superior service promised on their website! The quality of the material used is mediocre. We had major issues during Winter 2014: Excess moisture resulting in mold, no warm air coming from the venting outlet, etc. We decided to call up 3 different contractors who assessed John embury-hyatt's work. SEE THE ACTUAL PICTURES UPLOADED WITH OUR REVIEW.
* A poor air flow was found in the basement because the basement ventilation was not installed properly. The venting outlets were screwed to the foam ceiling tile (!) and not attached to the air duct. The vapour barrier was not installed properly in the whole basement. The wood ledge was put directly on the concrete with any proper insulation creating excess moisture and risk of mold.
* The bifold door closet was not installed properly. The closet door fell on top of our 1 year old child. He luckily did not get injured. John Embury-Hyatt was informed of this and yet proceeded to put 2 thick pieces of wood on top of the foam ceiling tile (!) which eventually fell down. We were lucky enough our son was not around at that time.
* A hole was drilled through the main PVC drainage pipe for both bathrooms. They did not care to fix it which resulting in water damage and loss of some of our personal items. We provided John Embury-Hyatt with a detailed report itemizing each problem through BBB. He still denied the facts.
We then served Evolving Homes and John Embury-hyatt to the Small Claim Court of Manitoba in 2015. He was then forced to acknowledge his faulty workmanship and was asked to proceed with the necessary repairs. Unfortunately for us, he voluntarily omitted some repairs from the report to save himself some money. As the main issues were taken care of, the case is now closed. We still have a contract signed to cover any maintenance.
John embury-hyatt surprisingly decided a few weeks ago to cancel said contract and Warranty without any reasonable reason. We are not sure if this is legal....
John embury-hyatt has no customer service skills and no common sense on how to approach the work simply laid down for him. He is also not afraid to blame us if any repair is required. We have even been threatened with legal actions for sharing our experience with him.
Hiring Evolving Homes is synonym of frustration, disappointment and a mistake that cost us extra money.
I'm forced to respond to this complaint for 2 reasons:
1) The home owner was not being truthful and honest and is just trying to negatively affect the reputation of our company because of his own ignorance.
2) Trusted Pros have not done their due diligence in confirming the validity of this complaint and allowing wrong and false information to be posted on their website. I tried to work with Trusted Pros but was frustrated by their lack of human response and simple copy and paste responses.
I have dealt with this customer with the Better Business Bureau and the BBB have taken the time to get it right and dismissed these same allegations by the client.
Evolving Homes Ltd has a TrustScore™ of 1.4. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Winnipeg and the surrounding areas is 3. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Not yet provided|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||2005|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2013|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
Building a new home with Evolving Homes is a stress free one. We work with you from the planning, to the chosing of materials and features, to the building of the home. You will have access to us whenever you need unlike these big builders. We make building your dream home a memorable one!
If you are wanting to build your own home but are feeling overwhelmed, use Evolving Homes to help take the stress away. We can arrange all contractors to finish the home leaving you stress free. We also do commercial general contracting.
We can help you from the very beginning in building your dream home from the design to handing you your keys to move in. We have specialists in all areas you will need to build your home.
We at Evolving Homes Ltd build with ICF (Insulated Concrete Form) because we believe that it is one the best building materials to give a home owner the most benefits for their investment when building a new home. We are a leading ICF company working closely with the manufacturer and our clients.
We specialize in custom home builds - we can work with you from preparing plans all the way to moving in to your new home. We have specialists within our company that can help and guide you with every stage of building a new home. We also have General Contractor expertise on commercial and residential work.
We work within winnipeg or outside of winnipeg.
|Main contact(s):||John Embury-Hyatt|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2013|
|Accepts credit cards:||No|
|24 Hour emergency service:||Yes|
|Licensing information:||Contact Evolving Homes Ltd to request licensing info.|
|Insurance information:||Contact Evolving Homes Ltd to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.