establishing boundaries on a legal sub division

Question Icon
Posted by: from Yorkton
2/6/2006 at 3:28:39 PM

We are in the process of building and improving on our acreage, and we need to have a surveyor come in to establish boundaries ( for fencing, etc). Any recommendations on who can do it the most cost effectively???

User Icon
James in Toronto
Date/Time5/27/2008 at 3:08:26 PM

Yes, the area needs to be surveyed to make sure that you only build on your own property. You can actually survey the land yourself. Get your original plans for the acreage involved. Get a tape measure, on the plans it will give you the diamater of the acreage that you own. Measure it out, then get a stand alone laser pointer. Stand it up at the edge of your property and it will make a straight line for you and you can make your property line that way. It might take longer, since you will only be able to measure so much at a time, but it beats having to hire a surveyor come out and do the survey for you.

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.

Get Free Estimates

Post your project and compare offers from top-rated pros.