Personal, Professional guaranteed service. Design/build for all your property needs. Home or office renovations, additions, decks, fences or just a face-lift. When you choose Hemlock Construction, you can be assured that you have made the right choice. We take pride in continuing what my Father and Grandfather worked so hard to esta read more...
I am modifying the review I did Nov. 25, 2016 as things fell apart with my job towards the end. The work slowed down to a crawl and we were having trouble getting Trev to finish after his business manager left him to start his own business; his manager also let me know that he left because he couldn't tolerate how disorganized Trevor was and that he was always wanting to leave the job site early instead of getting the work done, presumably because he has a drinking problem. After Cliff left, this became more and more evident. Trev told us that he had just 3 days of work left, but after 3 more weeks went by and there was no end in sight, I asked him to please just get the work done and remove all his tools so we could have our lives back! To summarize, he finished more or less, but left us with some problems such as popping floor pockets all over our hardwood and a shower floor that doesn't drain, not to mention the mess left at the back of the house. He came back to look at the shower issue and he was supposed to quote me on another job, but several weeks later, there was still no commitment/communication for him to come back and I realized that, as I had paid him, we weren't going to see him again. This is not a 'family' business. This man is a fraud as a "company". There are no guarantees on his work. I urge you to google his name to see the type of responsible and reliable person he is before you decide to make the mistake of hiring him.
--- ORIGINAL REVIEW 11/25/16 ---
These two guys are fantastic on every level. They came into our project when it had already been started by an incompetent idiot, so they had to fix a lot of poor work before they could move forward. Our job was extremely custom with lots of stone arches and other unique features. They are wizards at everything they do from framing very unique custom arches, to drywall, to stonework, to tiling to flooring, electrical, plumbing, etc. There is nothing they cannot do exceptionally well. We couldn't be more pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat - totally reliable on top of good work, plus excellent communicators. They 'nailed' what we wanted for our basement. Love them!
I am modifying the review I did Nov. 25, 2016 as things fell apart with my job towards the end. The work slowed down to a crawl and we were having trouble getting Trev to finish after his partner left him to start his own business. There are also some parts of the job that need to be fixed, as well as a promise to do some extra work at no cost to compensate for ordering way too much flooring. Now he has stopped communicating and we can't get him to come back to fix problems and finish up or do the work that was promised. Very disappointed.
Hemlock Construction is a family owned and operated business established with over 30 years of expertise and quality workmanship as showcased on the Trusted Pro website. As a general contracting business, and dependent on supply and demand, we do hire business managers and laborers to assist with larger projects.
1. The original labour-only contract was completed in an overly ambitious timeline despite delays from the clients suppliers lead time, and the business manager departing. A written contract was firmly established with many additional demands from the client which were not initially included in the written contract. Every means possible was attempted to satisfy this client even at the contractor s personal expense and many client discounts/freebies.
2. We respond to all correspondence in a timely and professional manner with our many clients and schedule accordingly. However, we cannot attend to harassment/ bullying or abusive emails quite as quickly. The client personally attacked us with family confrontations at their mutual worksite, and unacceptable correspondence in emails long after the original contract was completed.
3. A new contract was discussed but not yet written, quoted, or agreed to, and a holiday weekend was demanded to start the new contract. We could not negotiate at that time.
4. Our company and its family members are under no obligation to include all clients on social media ie Facebook and is in no way expected to provide rationale for what occurs in our personal affairs yet by the sounds of the most recent communication, this is the cause of the clients unacceptable behaviour. (Attached)
5. Clearly this attached email indicates that a change from the positive review has no bearing on the contract that was already completed months ago.
6. This client provided many accolades throughout the project and posted pictures of this amazing job on social media expressing the exemplary workmanship and further solidifying satisfaction by discussing in a positive manner to acquaintances at her workplace which she shares with a family member. Every attempt was made to address minor deficiencies and complaints and therefore completed according to her schedule; not the contractors. It must be understood that as a general contractor, every client is regarded as important and therefore, we accommodate each client as best as possible.
7. We deeply regret the breakdown in this business relationship; however, in our defence we are confident we did the best we could under these trying circumstances. All the best to this client in the future home improvements going forward.
Originally hired these guys to do some tiling work for me, thought their craftsmanship was pretty decent, brought them on again to do some painting and plumbing.
Hired these guys at the beginning of July 2014 to fix some plumbing deficiencies for me. Paid them a little over half of the total project amount, as they said they needed money to purchase materials and such. Progress was slow; they failed the plumbing inspection with the building inspector a few times, told me they were working on resolving the situation. Last I heard from them was a text message on August 21st, saying that he was headed back up to the property to do some more work.
Left them several voicemails, text messages and tried emailing them, have not heard back from them since. If there's an explanation for their absence and lack of communication, I'm still waiting to hear it.
Trevor and Clayton had done some work for me earlier so when I needed more work done they were the obvious choice. They did a great job with all of these little projects and I will certainly use them again for both large and small jobs. They respected my home and left it in great shape.
Hemlock Construction has a TrustScore™ of 2.8. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Kingston and the surrounding areas is 2.9. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Yes|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles||Not yet provided|
|Endorsed by Peers||Not yet endorsed|
|In Business Since||1995|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2014|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
Personal, Professional guaranteed service. Design/build for all your property needs. Home or office renovations, additions, decks, fences or just a face-lift. When you choose Hemlock Construction, you can be assured that you have made the right choice. We take pride in continuing what my Father and Grandfather worked so hard to establish more than 50 years ago.
|Main contact(s):||Allan (Trev) Brownmiller|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2014|
|Accepts credit cards:||No|
|24 Hour emergency service:||No|
|Legal structure:||Sole Proprietor|
|Insurance information:||Contact Hemlock Construction to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.
Hemlock Construction has contributed 2 responses to the following questions posted in the 'Ask the Pros' forum