Categories

I have a 60 year old house and a $150,000 budget, What can this get me (appliances NOT included)?

Question Icon
Posted by: from Toronto
5/31/2019 at 1:44:15 PM

Ontario, GTA.

I am looking to renovate my home. The building is 60 years old. it is 1500 Square foot.

Nothing out of the ordinary. I will be covering Cabinetry, and all Appliances + Toilets, Basin. Possibly 80 Sqrft of Countertop Quartz.

Home is 4 bedrooms, 1 kitchen + open concept living room (one known structural pillar), 1 Laundry room, I want the entire Electrical and Plumbing redone (as the house is old). Avg Tile costs (for approximately 500 Sqrft of Washroom+Kitchen), and Avg Hardwood costs (1000 Sqrft)

I am talking end-to-end, whatever reports necessary, building permits, labor, materials (of wood, paint, electrical wiring)

I know the question is very subjective but I feel the budget is quite large. based on the information provided would this cover my 1500 Sqrft Home?

REPLIES (6)
User Icon
Date/Time6/1/2019 at 7:32:40 AM

That should be enough but it all depends on your finishing the higherend finishing will cost more which would increase the budget

User Icon
Date/Time6/1/2019 at 7:38:07 AM

Gday,

Has the house been tested for Asbestos? That could play a big factor in your budget.

User Icon
Date/Time6/1/2019 at 9:21:15 AM

This budget is very reasonable for the volume of work you are looking for and not quite large at all. However the question still quite open and has to contact few contractors for estimate so you are able to figure out the exact budget based on actual scope

User Icon
Steve from OMC Contracting in Kitchener
Date/Time6/1/2019 at 9:34:53 AM

For $150.000 You can do a lot,don't let anyone fool You.

Regards

Steve

User Icon
Date/Time6/1/2019 at 10:53:49 AM

Hi,

With that budget you should complete quite a bit. It comes down to the final design, drawings and engineering plans. Possible electrical issues. Possibility and amount if asbestos. Possible structural surprises in a house of that age.

Good luck with you home.

Regards,

James Fram

And level of finishes

User Icon
Date/Time6/1/2019 at 6:57:37 PM

Hi Dear,

How many floors do you have ?

Could you provide some pictures?

Based on Experience I would say you are looking at $75 per sqf for total renovation as per particulars that you have mentioned. I believe that would be a fair budget.

Regards,

Chelford Corporation

Ali

Commercial Manager

Search the TrustedPros directory and discover the best contractors in your area.

Find your home service pro
Great renovations start with a great contractor.

Since 2004, TrustedPros has been helping homeowners find the right contractor for their home improvements and repairs.

Post Your Project

Within hours you'll be comparing offers from top-rated professionals. It's free to post and you're under no obligation to hire.

Trustedpros Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, safety, legality or usefulness of any Content, or Whether Content is Current and up-to-date, and TrustedPros Inc. Shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to your use or reliance upon any content or for content being removed or otherwise ceasing to be available. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use of this websites for more details.
Categories

Get quotes from top-rated contractors

x