Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Ajax homeowners have planned for their General Contracting projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 39 General Contracting projects posted by homeowners in Ajax seeking the services of local General Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $1,255,000.00 with a per project average of $32,179.00.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
Currently my bsmt is partitioned so that there are 2 bdrms separated by a living area. Those areas have laminate flooring. That takes up most of the space, the rest is unfinished and consists of a laundry area, furnace, water heater and stairwell. One bdrm is occupied by my son.
1st project - Creativity is a must.
- Additional bsmt entrance (perhaps via a wall at the top of the bsmt stairs).
- Small kitchen with sink and exhaust (this may require the bsmt stairs to be repositioned).
- Shower stall, toilet and basin.
- Rebuild and reposition bsmt stairs to accommodate new kitchen.
- Create new window for one bedroom.
- Replace flooring.
- Replace Laundry Tub.
- Prefer Ceramic tiling
- Fireplace would be nice.
There is currently only one full bthrm in the house and the master has a 2pc.
- Remodel Master bthrm to include a shower stall.
- Remodel Main bthrm, including replacement of fan and attached pipe in attic.
I am open to the bsmt being completely redone but that would be dependent on the cost. I would also prefer a contractor who will assist me with the financing as an extended payment plan would be best.
I have a 40 x 100 lot area and my house is something 700 to 800 square feet old small bungalow house of more than 50 years old and I want to renovate it and put a second floor. I am located in a old community in Ajax Ontario. I just want to get a estimate of how much it will cost me to do the complete house renovation including my separate car garage.
8' x 10' deck
9 4' concrete footings
6" x 6" frame
Wood joists no more than 12" on center
Grading, if required
Heavy garden cover with at least 2" of gravel under the platform to prevent any grass growing
Sides of platform to be faced
One stone step at front that is the width of the shed door, if required (price separately)
All approvals r.g. hydro, bell, gas, etc responsibility of the contractor
Must commit to start and end date
Door from porch into garage attached to house. Steps will be needed in garage due to opening approx 2-3ft higher than garage floor. A couple of electrical wires to be rerouted above door. Online estimates at the moment only please. To include any permits needed, framing materials,door and lock. Garage and house are 18 years old with no previous renovations to this area.
Age house 7 years
13' 0" * 15'0"
Built in gas fp
Picture trim work on (3 walls)
Paint (2 coats) eggshell
Built-in Cabinet remove existing fireplace trim, baseboards and window trim at fireplace wall. Install new fireplace mantle with fluted legs and feet. Build new TV base cabinet with shelf and doors on left side of fireplace to store TV components. Build similar style storage cabinet/bench at right side of fireplace. Cabinets constructed with medium density fibreboard (very strong) with edge trim and top panel trim. Cut and install new 3" window casings at fireplace wall
Remove all existing baseboards. Cut and install new 3 3/4" colonial baseboards (Approx 90lin')
Ceiling popcorn removed and painted
Im looking to insulate and drywall (tape and mud) my small one car garage. The plan is to turn the space into a "man cave" style room. I would like the walls and ceiling done.
Right now I have one "long" wall insulated (against the house) and the opposite exposed. A small wall at the back around a single door and small space at the front around the garage door. The ceiling is exposed.
The garage is roughly 10 X 15-20
I am the property owner.
Water damage in master suite that has ruined the master bathroom, floors and ceiling on the main level of the home. Looking to have master bathroom completely gutted, checked for mold and repair the walls, repair the ceiling and carpet that has been damaged.
Looking to have job done in a two week time line and also take the estimate to my insurance company.
I'm looking for someone to replace my main floor (we bought vinyl plank flooring) and tear out then in stall new counter top and cabinets (not yet purchased)
Also looking for a painter for main floor and potentially someone to redo master bathroom - depending on budget that's left.
Job is in Ajax
Rip out kitchen and install new one including backsplash and tile floor, take down wall to put in island. rip out bathroom, take down and put up new wall. Install hardwood floors and baseboards. Remove wall in master bedroom. Tile entrance way. Move existing side door (no exterior cutting needed)
I need a wall removed and a door installed in a 900 square foot office space located in a commercial building in Ajax, Ontario. The first two pictures attached are showing the wall that needs to be removed, to open up space between two smaller offices. The next two pictures are of the same wall from the other side. The last two pictures are where a door (or something to separate the space) needs to be installed. The office is available day, night and weekends and I would need the job done as soon as possible.
We are looking for the following:
(1) Ripping out and disposal of carpet (approx. 700 square feet) and installing laminate flooring
(2) Electrician to clean up box (up to code, but needs to be cleaned up) and turn outside plugs (2) to GIF
(3) Rip carpet of stairs (2 sets of stair) and either refinish what's underneath or install new steps
(4) Move laundry room to another area of basement and install bathroom where laundry room currently is - most of the plumbing is there already
(5) Put a window opening between living room and kitchen and install small countertop there (enough room to have 2 bar stools underneath and sit at to eat)
(6) Drywall over stucco wall (one large wall, and one very small section of wall)
(7) Remove the glass doors on the upstairs bathtub and install a curtain rod (ensuring that all holes/discolour ation are fixed)
(8) Regrout the tiles in the upstairs bathroom
We take possession of our home on October 8th, and would like the work to begin as soon as possible (ideally, Oct 9). The home is located in south Ajax (we currently live and work downtown, so we can make an appointment to get into the house evening and weekends).
We would like to have everything in place by Sept 25, as we are going away from then until Oct 5.
Please note: You must have a GL in place, and be able to provide a certificate of insurance if we hire you.
-Peter and Lisa
We have a balcony door that leaks in garage. The caulking on the door was loose that caused the water leak into garage (it happened once or twice in the year). The garage roof is insulated by foam. The foam kept the joist wet for years and rotted it at the end (1.5 foot damage). The base flooring also got damaged around the area. At present 2 joist (left and right side of the door) has water damage.
1) replace / repair damaged joist
2) repair base flooring that got damaged ( 2 sqft)
- KITCHEN: Granite counter top, backsplash, replace sink, dishwasher, cabinet refacing, base lights
- BEDROOMS: berber carpet or hardwood install (take out existing carpet)
- PAINT all walls
- WASHROOMS: new toilet install, new countertop and/or vanity
- FIX part of external wall
Need to open up the living room to the kitchen...99% sure its a support wall...need somebody to take it out and put in a beam that spans 13-14 feet....need estimates...send email if you can provide this service for me..thank you...
sorry about the lack of information on the first post.
i have been getting responces back and some of the quotes seem to be pretty high....this is where the project is now...all the old dry wall is down and its down to the frame...all i want done is two pony walls to be put up then the beam put in place and i will finish the rest...drywall, plaster, and painting...sorry for the confusion...hope this helps.
turning an exsisting bedroom into a master ensuite bathroom including walk in shower and corner tub, his/hers sinks.
Bricking and drywalling in an exsisting patio door.
duct work (moving exsisting duct work to ensure proper heating in the basement)
moving a furnace and hotwater tank a few feet to allow for space.
insulating the basement with foam
build a bathroom with walk in shower in the basement (roughed in)
putty, and sand the drywall already in the basement.
I am looking to underpin 20 feet of my existing foundation on my 2 story home in Ajax, Ontario.
Contractors can come to view the area only on Monday, August 29th and Tuesday, August 30th. Work must begin on Wednesday, August 31st.
- Concrete Strength for Underpinning shall be 20MPa at 28 Days Min.
- Underpinning Concrete shall cure Min. 48 Hours before grouting and proceeding to the next stage
- Clean the underside of the existing footing or foundation wall prior to pouring concrete
- Underpinning shall be Max 1.2m (48") Long
- Shore and brace where necessary to ensure the safety and stability of the existing structure during underpinning
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started