Categories

Home Improvements

Ask questions or search for specific information in the Home Improvements section.

Have a question about a home improvement project? This section is a grab bag for general home improvement questions ranging from repairing trim to managing cost overruns and everything in between. Find your topic using the handy search button or simply browse the threads.

Can't find the answer you're looking for? Post your question and let our helpful contractor pros provide you with their opinions and advice.

Post a Question:

Recent Discussions
Company growing need subs

My small family run bussiness is growing having a hard time keeping up, I need good reliable subs which will be there when there are needed, I treat my workers (subs very well) and expect the sa...

Number of Responses 23 Date of Last Post September 10, 2010
Looking for Subs in Montreal

I need to find a drywaller and tapper for lots of work in Montreal. I am also looking for a independent licensed plumber. Please let me know if anybody is interested Rene rozonconstruction@yahoo.ca...

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post October 17, 2007
Basement Reno Timelines?

Hello, We have had a number of people come out to discuss our basement renovation project and while I think we have found some good contractors, all of them seem to estimate 4-6 weeks for a 1000 ...

Number of Responses 11 Date of Last Post March 20, 2021
Electric Panel

I want to build a new full bathroom in my basement. My electrical panel is on a wall that is part of my planed bathroom area. Is it allowed to be in a bathroom or not?...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post May 14, 2008
Playground

Could you recommend a company that sells quality playgrounds?...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post March 31, 2008
I hired a bad contractor, why should I do?

can somebody help me? I hired a bad contractor. For almost 2 months now, my basement is not done yet. He doesn't show up anymore, he blocks my calls. the bad thing is I've almost paid him fo...

Number of Responses 75 Date of Last Post October 24, 2017
Addition Plans

We are looking to do about a 1000 ft. addition on our cottage to make it our full time home. I am looking for some sort of computer program that might let me play with some ideas that I have in my head. Anyon...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post April 14, 2009
Help-basement

I'm a new homer owner and came home from a trip to find that something in my furnace room had not drianed properly. There is water damage to the door at looks like it goes under the laminated flooring. Th...

Number of Responses 5 Date of Last Post January 14, 2008
Categories

Get quotes from top-rated contractors

x