All Around Contracting started in January 2012, with the vision to become the most honest and trusted general contracting company in the lower mainland. All Around Contracting is a company that focuses on our clients. We understand the concerns and needs of each individual client, and we work hard to satisfy your needs. Our company slogan is "W read more...
We will never allow businesses to pay for review alterations, editing, or removals. Published reviews have undergone strict examination to avoid fraudulent/fake review posting. Learn more.
I saw a custom cedar fence being built at a my daughters home and I liked what I saw. I asked for a quote and found it was reasonable for the quality of construction that was displayed.Clayton and his crew arrived at my address on time and in less than two days I had a custom cedar fence like the one at my daughters. I found this company to be professional, use quality materials, and do good work. I have no problem recommending All Around Contracting.
Clayton and his team did a fantastic job replacing our fence. They were able to provide the service quickly and the quality of workmanship excellent. They built the cedar panels onsite and we are very happy with their product. We would not hesitate to recommend All Around Contracting for any project.
Don and Gayle
We hired Clayton to do some quick fixes in the house for us. Clayton went with me to choose all the parts which was very helpful. He took time to explain every detail to me. Most importantly, he did a very good job. He also took the garbage from the job with them which was good.
Clayton just wanted you to know how pleased we are with our custom built fence and gates & the quality of workmanship & the product. The neighbour also said you did a great job. Thank you again it has added so much to the look of our property.
Gord & Tracy
Clayton is knowledgeable and skilled, and helped with my garage construction. He uses quality materials and has a flair for artistic work.I witnessed a couple of decks he built and was very impressed with the finished product and the extras he added to make the deck more appealing. He will make your project stronger as apposed to cutting corners to finish quicker.
Clayton is a decent guy but he took on way too much during some trying times, and admitted as much. After that though, he kept invoicing for work he never showed up to finish. In the end, I have a new crew on fixing the mistakes made and finishing the job. My deck costs twice what it should have and the material is damaged to the point that it will never be what it should have been.
I am surprised that you have left this kind of review. First you didn't mention that your deck Originally cost $18,000 and than cause i felt like helping you out, I dropped the price to $10,000. That was the cost of material only. I fronted all the labor on your deck Matthew. Your deck was completed 100%. I am sorry that after your deck was completed, I could not include staining for free. I am actually quite offended that you had posted such a review. I can say that I have learned to not do any such favours to anybody. You have a beautiful KAYU deck, that will last for years and years. Thank you for your review.
My wife and I hired clayton to build our new business, he was fired for drinking on the job and dumping his ashtray in our parking lot. he than kept 35,000 dollars of our deposit leaving us broke. he also double charged us on his final invoice which was a bogus invoice to start with. Clayton will respond by saying this and that but in the end, a judge agreed with us and we won our case, ordering clayton to pay back the 35,000 but where is he..... cant be found now. DO NOT HIRE All Around Contracting. I have 2 other people with court orders who have the exact same complaint.
Mike: I am sorry that this is where this has went. You see there is one thing that you never mentioned. That you delivered the beer at the end of the day to us and drank it with us. So why did we get terminated for such a thing. Tools were put away. You may have won by default in court, cause I never was informed of my court date. You won cause I never made it. I've now tried to work this out for some time with you, however you will not meet with me at all, so this review is ludicrous. Untrue.
Clayton was quick to respond to my emergency need for excavating. He worked into the night until the job was done. His hard work, perseverance and skill turned my bad situation into a more positive experience. All Around Contracting will certainly be the GC I turn to for any future needs. Very competitive pricing and great customer service.
WORST HOME RENO EXPERIENCE EVER
We wish we could give 0 stars. We would however give 5 stars for bull*
• On October 25/2015 we hired All Around Contracting (owned by Clayton Fast) to do some renovations on our home.
• The time line we were given for this project was one to three months
• We have paid $31,899.45 to date (half of the budget)
• In three months they haven’t even finished one room
• Clayton (the owner of All Around Contracting) required more money from us
• We weren’t comfortable handing over more money due to the lack of progress made at this point
• There were weeks where workers were only here once in a week and when they did show up they were only here for a couple of hours. We were given constant excuses as to why no one was here
• Clayton has not met one deadline or fulfilled any promises he has made
• The lack of communication throughout this process has been incredibly frustrating and on many occasions our calls were completely ignored
• We have been extremely unhappy with the quality of work performed by All Around Contracting. MANY mistakes have had to be corrected and still need to be corrected
• The speed at which things have been carried out has been very frustrating. Our Mother was told she would be in her room the beginning of December. This date had been revised on at least three separate occasions and she still cannot move in
• Part of the exterior of our house has been left unfinished and exposed to weather
• We were told that areas of the house being used would be protected with poly and zippers, this did not happen. There is dirt and dust EVERYWHERE
• Demolition material has been left in our driveway instead of being put in the half empty bin that was removed from our property without any notice. We will now have to pay to have it removed
• Two ceramic heaters that were lent to All Around Contracting now need to be replaced because one went missing and the other was returned with paint and mud all over it
• During the month of December Clayton experienced some health issues and lost his Father. We understood this was a difficult time for him and we were sympathetic to this. We suggested he take time to heal but he declared he was ok and insisted he would maintain the work schedule. This did not happen
• On Boxing Day we realized that a previous visit by the electrician had cut power to our Washing Machine as well as our Fridge/Freezer. As a result we lost all the contents in the Fridge/ Freezer. Clayton was notified of this immediately but the issue has never been resolved and these appliances are still being powered by an extension cord
We wanted to share our experience with others to make people aware of what we just went through with All Around Contracting and owner Clayton Fast. We feel like we have been held hostage because we’ve been so afraid of losing our savings but enough is enough. We suspect that Clayton spent our money on other jobs then couldn’t complete ours. We offered what we felt would have been a fair settlement where we could end this amicably and all walk away from an incredibly stressful situation but the only response from Clayton was to threaten to put a Lien on our Property and charge us with defamation and slander if we released a bad review. We don’t feel that the work completed warrants the amount of money that we have paid out so we are in the process of having a professional assessment done in order to proceed with legal action.
For anyone wishing to contact me for more information or to see a video of All Around Contracting’s quality of work feel free to do so barb_[email protected]
This renovation started out great. It was after not receiving an answer for 3 weeks on if you were going to replace the windows or not that seemed to put everything into chaos.
Yes you did pay a deposit for $27,170.45 as well as paid an addendum in the amount of $4,729.00.
This renovation started as removal of floors, Base boards, Doors, Door casings, repaint, add a few lights, new floors, baseboards, doors door casings etc. A very basic face lift renovation. This quickly turned into wanting to remove all drywall, insulation, etc.
The deposit that was paid was for the start and finish of what was initially discussed and yes we could have done a lot more than that with the deposit. The addendum that you paid was to cover the additional costs. With Alex's decision to go ahead and start punching holes in the ceiling with my electrician and not discussing this with me, this caused me to have to drop the entire ceiling. When I discussed this with Alex, he immediately got mad and said that he was not covering the costs of this, that it should be my electrician that should cover the costs of this. I ended up having to pay for this. Your Mom asked me to put an additional 7 outlets into the basement, when I discussed this with Alex he again said he was not going to pay for it.
So lets itemize this.
1. Demolition of the floor, walls, ceiling, not including the 4 inches of concrete in the bathroom and the demo of the floors, baseboards, door casings upstairs.
$3.00 per square foot this includes labor & waste.
1500 square feet of walls, 380 square feet of floor, 380 square feet of ceiling.
2. Furring out of your existing 2x4 walls to create 2x6 walls for superior insulation.
1.75 per square foot including labor costs.
920 square feet all exterior walls.
3. R22 Roxull insulation, 6 mill vapor barrier, acoustic seal.
3.00 per square foot including labor costs.
920 square feet all exterior walls.
4. Drywall including drywall board, mud and tape, and labor for installation.
5.00 per square foot.
1,880 square feet all walls and ceiling.
5. Painting of the walls and ceiling.
1.25 per square foot.
1,880 square feet all walls and ceiling.
6. Electrical including labor and all accessories. (Which you still have all accessories for the rest of the renovation.
7. Rebuilding of the floor, including insulation.
2.00 per square foot.
380 square feet of floor.
8. Purchase & Installation of a high traffic, high grade laminate flooring.
$6.50 per square foot including flooring underlay, flooring and installation.
380 square feet.
Than we have a $1,000 dollars in removing concrete. $600 in demo of upstairs. A new exterior grade door with a window. $250.00 Finish carpentry with labor and all material costs, $1,200. Plus all the additional hardware.
Total costs for this renovation: $33,020.00
This is just a breakdown of the costs that I have paid. One of the big reasons why there is so much negative things being said is because I had to withdraw from the project due to you guys breaching the signed payment schedule. I have payment schedules in place in order to protect my company, also to protect the client. After this, we had all sat down and went over the contract agreement, and came up with a new payment schedule which was $5,500 every Friday till the project was complete. I had put one of my project managers "Chuck Parks in there in attempt to live up to my end of the deal. But when it came to payment, I found that you guys had put a stop payment on the checks. And than with all the talk that I spent your savings and removing items to save money on the contract. You guys had led me to believe that there was no money. "YOU HAVE HAND CUFFED ME".
I am sorry that this has happened. However for the reasons I have pointed out, I could not proceed.
I found All Round Contracting to be very professional from start to finish. They kept the price with in my client budget and did a great job with what they had to work with (money wise). As a Project Manager they kept me in the loop every step of the way. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is wanting to do any sort of home renovations
All Around Contracting has a TrustScore™ of 2.9. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Langley and the surrounding areas is 3.4. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here to learn more.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Customer Reviews||Last 12 Months||All Time|
|Complaints Received||Last 12 Months||Last 3 Years|
|Suppliers & Creditors||0||0|
|Employees & Sub-Contractors||0||0|
|Posted License Information||Not yet provided|
|Posted Liability Insurance||Not yet provided|
|Posted Workers Compensation||Not yet provided|
|Social Media Profiles|
|Endorsed by Peers||Yes|
|In Business Since||2008|
|Member of TrustedPros Since||2014|
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile and we cannot endorse or guarantee the performance of any contractor. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
All Around Contracting has been recognized for their skills and expertise by their peers in the following categories
Clayton Fast got the highest quality level and knowledge in all construction around the house a home owner need. "All Around Contracting" its company name says it all. Congratulation Mr Fast.
I would recommend "all around" to anyone. Clayton and his crew will get the job done properly with the best quality.
Clayton at All Around Contracting has been renting disposal containers from us for awhile now. He always pays his invoice on-time and is always just a phone call away from any scheduling of the trucks. He strives to make business easier for me as a vendor to his company and has even recommended us to a few companies. All Around Contracting has gone above and beyond as a client of ours and we would recommend anyone to work along side them!
Whether it be simple repairs, or you want to add or remove offices, All Around Contracting can make it happen. We can add finishing touches to the interior and exterior of your building, making your building stand out. Including Roofs, Pressure washing, Paint, Siding, etc.
If your in need of new caulking due to leaks or it just don't look good anymore, we can make it look new and fresh, and prevent leaks. Expansion joints for commercial buildings, we have affordable solutions for all.
Will do any and all work related to trim and finish work done. From detailed solid wood finish to paint grade simple trim. If its custom wood work that your after, we can do that as well.
Are you tired of having to hire all the contractors yourself? All around contracting can help you with that. If you have a big renovation project coming up, all around contracting can act as the general contractor on your behalf, and take on full management of the project, keeping it on budget.
Is it time for a new deck? We can build it, whether it be multiple levels or a single level deck, maybe you want a hot tub we have the solution for you. We offer a wide range of products, From design to finish we give you that getaway that you are looking for.
Our fences are all hand built on site, thus insuring quality of your fence, we can build any custom design that you are after. Finishing it all off with stain or paint. Our posts are always secured at 2 ft deep, and 3 bags of concrete in each hole.
Looking for a developer? Look no further, All around contracting can build your dreams, we can build off your design, or bring in designers to work with you. from A-Z we can and will do it for you.
Is your foundation leaking? we offer solutions to pin point where the leak is coming from, and than fix it for good, from excavating to back fill, you would never know that we were even there.
If your looking for a new pathway, all around contracting has a solution for that, we can design, form, and pour with a finishing touch to all your concrete needs.
If your just looking for a handyman to help with anything that pops up / needs repaired, all around contracting can help you. we do service calls all the time.
If you need something framed up, all around contracting can do that for you as well. We have tons of knowledge in planning and framing whatever you require.
Time for a new reno, or new home development. We offer demolition services as well. We can knock anything down safely, and clean it up afterwards.
Are you looking to add on to your house? We can help with that, From design to build to finish, we have what it takes to get the job done.
We offer new garage construction solutions to fit every clients needs and wants, from design to build to finish we can do it.
All Around Contracting has received complaints from their suppliers and/or creditors and employee and/or sub-contractor complaints
Complaint: All Around Contracting hired my Company on two separate occasions to do some Plumbing work. The cheque that was written to my Company has been rejected by the bank numerous times and I still haven't been paid for the work that was done and invoiced for the beginning of December for the amount of $1840
Complaint: Clayton the owner hired Access Garage Doors to install garage doors on a project in Burnaby at 398 Blue Mountain St. Upon completion of the install they walked away from the job due to mistakes made by themselves. At this point they have not payed Access Garage Doors for the work done. Access Garage Doors is very unhappy having done work for Clayton at All Around Contracting. They are trying to recoop their loses by not paying their sub contractors.Reply From All Around Contracting
Jamie, I've been dealing with Mike the owner of P/C Access garage doors, I have explained in great detail what the situation is between myself and my client. This situation is still ongoing, when I retrieve the finances from my client, you will receive you funds immediately upon myself receiving the funds. My employee's, and or Sub-Contractors are of utmost importance to me, and everybody always get paid in a timely manner. Like I've said, I had already discussed this with the owner of access garage doors, and I though we had an understanding. If I can not resolve the situation with my client within 30 days, you will still receive your funds.
All Around Contracting started in January 2012, with the vision to become the most honest and trusted general contracting company in the lower mainland. All Around Contracting is a company that focuses on our clients. We understand the concerns and needs of each individual client, and we work hard to satisfy your needs. Our company slogan is
"We Will Get The Job Done!"
The reason why we chose this slogan, is because more times than not, we have been called to a project, and the job was either A: Half done, or B: 99% done, but not complete. What makes us different?
1. We don't sub-contract our jobs, unless the sub trade is well known by myself personally, and I have spent many years working hand in hand with him.
2. All my employee's when hired have to respect my company's guidelines which include:
Must be Responsible
Must be Professional
Must be On Time
Must be On Budget
Must make sure that Safety is top priority.
3. I personally inspect each project done by All Around Contracting during and after each project.
4. I personally inspect each project with the client, and note all concerns that he or she may have, and get them resolved.
5. I maintain very strong communication with the client during the project.
6. We issue a full 3-5 year hand written fully transferable warranty on all projects. 10 Years on new roof installations.
7. We offer maintenance packages to all clients once the job is complete. This insures that your project stays Safe & Fresh for years to come.
8. We insure that your yard stays clean during and after each project. Your yard will be in better shape after we leave, than when we came in.
9. We go the extra mile to get the job done right. Whether it takes an extra day, or it costs extra money, we will get the job done right. (At No Extra Costs To You)
10. We want to see you smile. You payed for it to get done right, and that's what were going to do. When your Happy. Were Happy, and it's just that simple.
All Around Contracting especially specializes in:
Multiple level or single level decks.
(Composite, Pressure Treated, Cedar)
(All our fences are hand built right on site, thus insuring quality, and a superior finish.)
(vinyl, Cedar shingle, Channel, or Hardie board)
(Aluminum, Cedar stain grade, Paint grade tongue & Groove)
(Asphalt, Cedar, Metal, Synthetic)
Window's & Doors.
(Installation of all windows & doors, including trims, and window sills.)
Kitchen designs & Renovations,
Removal of walls.
Custom wood finish ceilings.
|Main contact(s)||Clayton Fast|
|Listed with TrustedPros since:||2014|
|Accepts credit cards||No|
|24 Hour emergency service||No|
|Legal structure||Sole Proprietor|
|Licensing information||Contact All Around Contracting to request licensing info.|
|Insurance information||Contact All Around Contracting to request insurance details.|
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.
All Around Contracting has contributed 4 responses to the following questions posted in the 'Ask the Pros' forum