Categories

Home Improvements

Ask questions or search for specific information in the Home Improvements section.

Have a question about a home improvement project? This section is a grab bag for general home improvement questions ranging from repairing trim to managing cost overruns and everything in between. Find your topic using the handy search button or simply browse the threads.

Can't find the answer you're looking for? Post your question and let our helpful contractor pros provide you with their opinions and advice.

Post a Question:

Recent Discussions
Cost for drywall

I am looking for costs I might be paying when having my 3 bdrm main floor drywalled. Meaning insulation, board, mud and tape textured and primed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 14, 2016
Tile shower with glass doors

I currently have a bath tub (standard size) with a surround in my ensuite. I would like to take that out and install a shower only with tile. I was wondering what the approximate cost would be for som...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post June 13, 2016
Oven hood installation

What would a reasonable cost be to install ventilation over the stove? To install it through the ceiling, through the attic and the roof? The oven hood is there, but no vent to lead the air outs...

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post January 26, 2018
Porch idea

I am thinking to change my front porch as well as steps flooring. At present it's concrete. Can anyone suggest some thing which not slippery (anti-skid) flooring?...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 11, 2016
Cost of roofing?

What is a reasonable price for a new roof on a semi detached house in leaside? Roof area is approx 1100 sq'. 1 layer existing shingles to be removed. New shingles cambridge type with Ice and watershie...

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post June 16, 2016
Foundation for a new house

I'm planning a new house/cottage in Wasaga Beach, (2 floors). Due to the high water table, what is the best foundation construction to use? And what are others using? The house i...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 14, 2016
Cost for fence

Fence 90 Lf. B-on-B construction 6-ft. height in PT. And how much will it cost to have hand dug holes? Thanks...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 13, 2016
Double garage taped & mud

What is a reasonable price to pay for someone to tape & mud a standard double car garage?...

Number of Responses 5 Date of Last Post June 10, 2016
Home addition on a two story w/walkout in Calgary

I'd like to add a 12x10 extension to the back of my house. It's a two story with a walkout, but the foundation walls do not need concrete (the concrete walls end about 6 feet bank inside the bas...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 8, 2016
Fire restoration options

I have had a large loss fire and am a bit overwhelmed with the choices for restoration. I have been told by some sources to use my own contractor and then others insist I should use the preferred contractor al...

Number of Responses 10 Date of Last Post June 8, 2016
How much would a bathroom like this cost?

I found this picture on TrustedPros and may be interested in a similar project but would first like to know what the estimated cost would be. With double sinks, no bathtub, or if so a Jacuzzi, and w...

Number of Responses 8 Date of Last Post July 24, 2016
How much would a deck like this cost?

I found this picture on TrustedPros and may be interested in a similar project but would first like to know what the estimated cost would be....

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post June 7, 2016
Screened porch flooring

I am planning to rebuild a deck, which will include screened in porch. What material/method should be used in order to ensure that no mosquitos, etc can come up through the floor boards?...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post June 8, 2016

I found this picture on TrustedPros and may be interested in a similar project but would first like to know what the estimated cost would be....

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 6, 2016

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 7, 2016

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post June 9, 2016

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post June 6, 2016

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 7, 2016

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post June 6, 2016
Cost for vinyl floor installation

Need a quote to install vinyl flooring on 1050 square feet home. Only looking for cost at this time. ...

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post June 6, 2016
Categories

Get quotes from top-rated contractors

x