Categories

Home Improvements

Ask questions or search for specific information in the Home Improvements section.

Have a question about a home improvement project? This section is a grab bag for general home improvement questions ranging from repairing trim to managing cost overruns and everything in between. Find your topic using the handy search button or simply browse the threads.

Can't find the answer you're looking for? Post your question and let our helpful contractor pros provide you with their opinions and advice.

Post a Question:

Recent Discussions
Repair to load bearing wall

A couple of studs were removed by a previous owner. A bad repair job was done and now I notice a few other studs are not straight. What is involved in repairing this and call you give me a ballpark figure on ...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post June 22, 2016
Limestone screening instead of gravel and sand for backyard patio

Hi, We're building a patio in our backyard using concrete slabs (24" * 30"). I contacted the supplier to buy gravel and sand and he suggested to buy limestone screening which is cheap...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 23, 2016
Bulkhead ceiling cost

Help appreciated. I need to find out how much does it cost to build bulkhead under the existing ceiling. 8 feet wide, 32 feet long, about 8-9 inches thick, just enough to install pot-lights. W...

Contractor doesn't show up/not responding after paying around 75%

I hired a contractor to build my garage. He promptedly came to visit my site initially and then after the $5000 down payment he started framing my garage. Requested another $2000 and I was collaborative...

Number of Responses 6 Date of Last Post June 22, 2016
Ceiling stain from wet spot

How long does it take to turn yellow?...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 21, 2016
Can I use an extension cord to connect my RV?

The cord on the trailer is too short to reach the plug so I bought a proper rated cord to extend it. Is this legal?...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post June 21, 2016
Cost for replacing vanity faucets

What is the cost for replacing faucets in 2 bathroom sinks?...

Bathroom Tile Replacement cost

I have bathrooms that I would like to renovate approx 8x7. The renovation only requires to replace the floor and shower tiles. How much should that cost if supply the tiles? I have been receiving outlandish...

Number of Responses 5 Date of Last Post July 3, 2016
Re-orient the steps leading to our front door

Ours is a raised bungalow. We are looking at extending our porch which is 4.5' x 5' to 6' x 9'. Also the present steps (5 in all) need to be re-oriented. What would a project like this ...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post June 18, 2016
How much would a bathroom like this cost?

We would like to put bathroom in the basement. With plumbing and electrical. Any idea how much it would cost?...

Number of Responses 5 Date of Last Post June 18, 2016
How much would a deck like this cost?

I found this picture on TrustedPros and may be interested in a similar project but would first like to know what the estimated cost would be....

Number of Responses 6 Date of Last Post June 19, 2016
Cost of 250 square feet of subflooring

How much would it cost to put laminate flooring on 250 square feet, including ripping out the old carpet and installing subflooring?...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post June 17, 2016
Removal of tile/hardwood and installation of laminate

Could I get a rough estimate on installation of laminate flooring? The area is approximately 450 sq ft. We would also need removal of the existing ceramic tile and hardwood. Just over half of the square ...

Number of Responses 7 Date of Last Post June 20, 2016
Landscaping gone bad

In April 2015, I had my entire walkway done in stone. Throughout the winter,the walkway sank. It turns out that the sand is leaking out the sides and causing this problem. All the steps are sinking. I&#...

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post June 15, 2016
Window cleaning

Curious what it would it cost for window cleaning, both indoor and outdoors. 20 large windows in Viceroy home. Highest window is approx. 20 feet high....

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post June 15, 2016
Cambridge shingles

How good are Cambridge Shingles? Please rate them on a scale of 1 to 5. Thanks, Terry...

Number of Responses 5 Date of Last Post June 16, 2016
Sinking driveway & garage

Where my garage floor & driveway meet is sinking. The first 3-4 feet of garage floor is cracking and the 2 feet of asphalt driveway next to the garage has sunk 1 - 1.5 inches. This has happened over the past ...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post June 15, 2016
Exhaust fan does not turn off automatically in a condo unit

Exhaust fan does not turn off automatically in a condo unit. Superintendent checked and suggested that was a dryer problem. Therefore, I hired an appliance repair guy to inspect and he told me that my dry...

Number of Responses 5 Date of Last Post July 5, 2018
Removing an interior wall

I would like to get an estimate for removing a small interior wall with the size 64" X 83" as attached picture....

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post June 13, 2016
Porch repair cost

Hi, My neighbour last year had his porch reinforced (he let me take the attached photos) by having six 4x4 wooden beams attached to help support it. These beams are just buried into the ground ...

Number of Responses 15 Date of Last Post June 15, 2016
Categories

Get quotes from top-rated contractors

x