My company has over a decade of experience in the Vancouver new construction and renovation market. Communication and pre-planning for a project is absolutely essential to having a successful contractor/client relationship. Large or small, our methods do not change regardless of the size of project. Our experience extends to both the interio read more...
We will never allow businesses to pay for review alterations, editing, or removals. Published reviews have undergone strict examination to avoid fraudulent/fake review posting. Learn more.
Paul did an excellent job, replacing a deck and some siding work. He was prompt, professional, and completed the job on the time he promised.I am planning to renovate my basement soon and I plan to have Paul back to price out the job.
It was a pleasure having you as a client.
Just to expand on the work done at Roger's home, the complete scope of work was as follows:
- new concrete sonotube deck footings extending over 4 feet below grade. Steel reinforced.
- new 6x6 posts and a 2x8 beam to support the deck joists
- new pressure treated 2x8 joists
- new 2x6 floor decking
- new 2x4/2x2 pressure treated deck and stair railing
- new set of stairs to the deck area
- new cedar siding to the southern exposed wall of the house. I've done a few southern exposed walls and rot damage, on this side of a house, is an issue for cedar cladded homes.
The Front Porch:
- new porch surface and front entry stair railings
Looking forward to potentially doing more projects for Roger.
Paul Azad helped us completely gut and renovate a large one bedroom condo and turned it into a two bedroom condo in 2011/12. The condo was circa 1977 and hadn't been touched much since.
He was able to bring in trades to assist with all aspects of plumbing, electrical and drywalling (removing a popcorn ceiling!). Not an easy job in an old building with very old wiring.
Paul was a complete professional and did a great job - would recommend him.
Included the post reno photos - the before photos can be found here: https://dexterrealty.com/officelistings.html/listing.v755302-2777-oak-street-vancouver-v6h-3n3.7652467
Rupi & Sean
The type of renovation done by Rupi and Sean has become more and more popular now in Vancouver due to the highly priced rental market.
The older apartments in the Fairview and Kitsilano areas often had larger footprints compared to equivalent one bedroom/two bedroom units built today.
Coverting an aged one bedroom to a two bedroom unit can allow an owner to move in an older parent, allow a new source rental income, be left open for guests, or used as an office.
Thank you Rupi and Sean for being excellent clients to work with.
Paul did an amazing job on my bathroom. He is very profession, friendly, clean, organized and on time.
I can’t wait for Paul to complete more Reno’s in my home.
Some great ideas were used in this bathroom. Some of the ideas I'd recommend, for anyone looking to revamp their bathroom or ensuite, are as follows:
- Tongue and groove cedar ceiling. Wood finishes can help achieve a "spa-like" feel to a bathroom
- Tiling the wall, floor to ceiling, behind the toilet and vanity. Easy to clean and hygienic.
- Dark colored caulking. It does not stain over time. White caulking is not a good idea for a moderately to heavily used bathroom.
Serenity One Renovations and Construction has a TrustScore™ of 3.6. The average TrustScore™ for other businesses providing similar services in Surrey and the surrounding areas is 3.2. For detailed information on how TrustScore is calculated, click here to learn more.
The following elements are used to calculate TrustScore:
|Last 12 Months
|Last 12 Months
|Last 3 Years
|Suppliers & Creditors
|Employees & Sub-Contractors
|Posted License Information
|Not yet provided
|Posted Liability Insurance
|Not yet provided
|Posted Workers Compensation
|Social Media Profiles
|Endorsed by Peers
|Not yet endorsed
|In Business Since
|Member of TrustedPros Since
TrustedPros does not validate certain information provided by contractors and vendors in conjunction with the creation or maintenance of their profile and we cannot endorse or guarantee the performance of any contractor. TrustScores are provided for informational purposes only. We urge you to use the TrustScore™ in conjunction with the tips provided in our Hiring Guide to maximize the probability of hiring the best professional for you project.
Full supervision and coordination of single family or laneway housing projects. Also have experience with the following types of projects : -Full apartment and condo makeovers -Duplex housing builds
Interior door and trim installations, Baseboard installations, Coffered ceiling installs, Exterior trim installations, Resizing of window openings and interior wall removals.
Tying in new structure to existing house or structure. Adding bedrooms, bathrooms, or kitchens to an existing space.
Decking framing construction, Floor and wall construction and reconfigurations, Roof construction
Complete foundation, framing and roofing installations. Can complete to turn key finish
Working with Architects and House designers to come up with feasible design for clients
Restoration of older homes- both interior and exterior experience.
My company has over a decade of experience in the Vancouver new construction and renovation market.
Communication and pre-planning for a project is absolutely essential to having a successful contractor/client relationship. Large or small, our methods do not change regardless of the size of project.
Our experience extends to both the interior and exterior parts of a residential dwelling. To view some of our exterior work, please check out the some of the following projects:
- 2996 West 10th Ave. (complete exterior cedar siding and cedar soffit install)
- 2547 Mackenzie Street (complete exterior cedar siding install)
- 1045 East 10th Ave. (complete hardie board and batten work, flashing, belly board)
- 1764 Charles Street (exterior siding install and deck install)
- 1216 Woodland Drive (exterior porch and siding replacement + deck install)
For interior work, our experience involves the following types of renovation projects:
- Kitchen rebuilds and layout changes
- Bathroom rebuilds and layout changes
- Soundproofing upgrades to prevent sound transfer from floor-to-floor and room-to-room
- Wall removals and rebuilds
- Window and door opening framing changes
- Basement rebuilds. From drawings and concept sketches to a complete livable finish
- Restoration of old homes
- Drywall repairs and installs
- Flooring installation
- Insulation and vapour barrier installs
Call today for an free estimate. Proof of Liability insurance, Worksafe BC, Business Registration are all available. Minimal deposit required up front.
|Alternate Phone Numbers
|Listed with TrustedPros since:
|2 year warranty on labour. Typically, there are manufacturers warranties on materials. Serenity One will provide those documents and clearly communicate those warranties to a client upon completion of a project.
|Accepts credit cards
|24 Hour emergency service
|Contact Serenity One Renovations and Construction to request licensing info.
|Contact Serenity One Renovations and Construction to request insurance details.
Check local laws pertaining to license requirements and verify license and insurance details provided by the contractor prior to hiring.
Serenity One Renovations and Construction has contributed 17 responses to the following questions posted in the 'Ask the Pros' forum