Categories

Home Improvements

Ask questions or search for specific information in the Home Improvements section.

Have a question about a home improvement project? This section is a grab bag for general home improvement questions ranging from repairing trim to managing cost overruns and everything in between. Find your topic using the handy search button or simply browse the threads.

Can't find the answer you're looking for? Post your question and let our helpful contractor pros provide you with their opinions and advice.

Post a Question:

Recent Discussions
Commercial store

I have a store in belleville that will require plumbing. All will be per engineers plans, A non barrier free washroom, a janitorial /slop sink and then in one counter will be a 3 compartment sink...

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post September 4, 2017
How much to charge for drywall, trim, paint, etc?

A buddy is asking me to renovate his additional bedroom its 14'x10'. It has double closet doors and entrance door with 2 windows and a fee bulkheads. I need to take down all the drywall and do it again ...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post September 4, 2017
Brick chimney repair alternatives to repointing

I have an exterior chimney in sad shape..repointing capping and crowning will be very expensive. Someone said that Cement board and stucco over the brick would be more cost effective. Or siding over the brick. ...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post October 13, 2017
Living room + 2 closets (painting + drywall)

Hi guys! Looking for a price quote: - Living room needs to be painted (2 walls - total of 200 sqft) and several small holes need drywall beforehand; - 2 walk-in closets (area of 25 sqft...

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post September 3, 2017
Trying to find replacement sink for kitchen counter

We are looking to replace the sink in our kitchen. The outside dimensions are 27" left to right, and 18" front to back (top side, lip-to-lip). It is "1.5" basin, one larger...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post September 4, 2017
rough estimate of installing vinyl siding for 1400 sq ft bungalow

I would like a general idea of the final cost of installing vinyl siding on my bungalow. Inside square footage is 1395 sq ft. Estimated outside surface (allowing for many large windows) is 1,353 s...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post September 2, 2017
Changing my fuse box

I need my fuse box changed and I think I have copper wiring would that have to all be changed ...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post September 3, 2017
I'm doing a home improvement job but I want to leave

So I started a home improvement job with this client, we had signed a contract. The client has many times failed to provide the materials on time (as he said he'd buy all materials) he has chang...

Number of Responses 8 Date of Last Post September 17, 2017
Cost for home addition

Considering 50 year old Detach bungalow. 1 How much it will cost to extend main floor as well as basement around 600 sq/ft in backyard? 2. How much it cost to add room above garage around 22' x...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post October 11, 2017
Removal of interior wall.

We want to have a wall removed on the main floor of our house. If that's not possible the least required is opening of some sort to allow light into the room. I don't know if it's a load bearing wal...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post August 31, 2017
Basement framing

What would be the total cost for framing out my basement? (picture attached)...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post November 8, 2017
Kitchen sink/drain/faucet work

How much would it cost to replace the draining pipes for a dual drain sink? Also installing shut-off valves to the water lines and installing a kraus kitchen faucet? I have the faucet purchased alread...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post August 31, 2017
Laminated counter top

How do I bring some life to an 11 year old laminated light spotty black counter top? It is a kitchen counter top and it has somehow dulled over the years. I want to enhance the beauty of the counter top...

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post August 31, 2017
Cedar deck

I just sanded my cedar deck with a 60 grit sandpaper. I have purchased CIL wood care fine wood number on the can is 840470. What's the best way to apply to my cedar deck?...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post September 21, 2017
Polishing curved concrete curb

What size of disc 4 in to 7 inch is best to polish a rounded concrete curb & gutter?...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post August 30, 2017
Cost of building a new home in Wyoming, ON

We are interested in building a home in Wyoming, Ontario. Can you give us an idea of the current building costs per square foot. Just looking for a rough estimate before we finalize our house plans. ...

Labour Cost

When paying my contractor labour costs which was agreed upon, is it normal for me to also have to pay for the company taxes on wages within that money?...

Number of Responses 7 Date of Last Post August 30, 2017
Hey, I am from Brampton and wanna make my basement of a semidetached house, how much it will cost with separate entrance?

Hey, I am from Brampton and wanna make my basement of a semidetached house, how much it will cost with a separate entrance? How much will only side entrance installation cost?...

Number of Responses 7 Date of Last Post August 4, 2020
Cost to replace the wood moulding around the window connected to my door

The wood moulding around the small window connected to my front door has been shredded down to the nails by my dog clawing at it. How much would it cost to replace?...

Basement concrete becoming mushy

In the basement, in the centre, small areas of the concrete are becoming wet and mushy. I know there was a lot of water this year and the water table was high. The holes seem to be in a straight line...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post August 29, 2017
Categories

Get quotes from top-rated contractors

x