Categories

Home Improvements

Ask questions or search for specific information in the Home Improvements section.

Have a question about a home improvement project? This section is a grab bag for general home improvement questions ranging from repairing trim to managing cost overruns and everything in between. Find your topic using the handy search button or simply browse the threads.

Can't find the answer you're looking for? Post your question and let our helpful contractor pros provide you with their opinions and advice.

Post a Question:

Recent Discussions
What caused Lost power to half of the house?

Furnace, fridge, freezer, a couple of bedrooms and one of three bathrooms still has power. Stove, micro, master bedroom and kitchen lights have no power. Different areas of the house as we...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post February 11, 2016
Bathroom renovation questions

We are renovating a master bathroom and have a couple of questions. Is it necessary to have a tub in the master ensuite from a resale point of view when in fact there is a tub upstairs on the 2nd floor?&...

Number of Responses 5 Date of Last Post February 11, 2016
How long does it take to check septic tank?

I have a 3,000 gallons septic tank that pumps the sewage to 3 consecutive chambers from premier tech. I was told last summer to have my pump emptied for premier tech to replace the filters. I have hired th...

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post February 14, 2016
Installation of over the range microwave

We just purchased a new (to us) home. It doesn't have an over the range microwave and I would like one installed. There is a range hood that is vented over the stove right now. My question is -...

Number of Responses 5 Date of Last Post October 3, 2018
How to properly insulate basement walls?

I plan on finishing my parents basement and after research I cant seem to decide on how to insulate it, everything seems to work for someone but doesnt work someone else if you know what im trying to say. ...

Number of Responses 6 Date of Last Post March 27, 2016
Best way to resolve drainage problem

I have a drainage problem in my backyard which I believe is due to my neighbours's patio & rock garden, which is against the fence. My yard is a mud pit, can't even let my dogs out when it's...

Number of Responses 13 Date of Last Post April 30, 2016
Do I have to pay contractor who hasn't finished work?

We hired a contractor to build our home but he is hardly there and when he is he never finishes a job before moving on to another, like the electrical, plumbing and flooring are not complete, but ye...

Number of Responses 9 Date of Last Post February 12, 2016
Cracks in plaster ceiling

We just moved into a 1940s house last spring. The upstairs is all original plaster on the walls and ceilings, and the bedroom at the front of the house has a number of cracks in the plaster ceiling, esp...

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post February 9, 2016
Drywall rough quote

Hi, I need a rough quote for drywall. The area is roughly 800sq.ft. 5/8 drywall on ceiling and 1/2 inch for the rest. There is a 8x4 bathroom and I would like to use resilient channel. Only...

Number of Responses 3 Date of Last Post February 9, 2016
Cost to move washer and dryer from basement to main floor

I currently have my laundry equipment in the basement but have become handicapped which makes it very difficult to handle. I live in a two story house, and moving laundry up or down from bsmt to second flo...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post February 9, 2016
Looking for bathroom renovation suggestions

We are looking to replace our corner shower with and soaker tub and shower either all in one with a glass wall or two separate pieces. We've also been looking at a corner Steam Planet unit - steam shower&#...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post February 9, 2016
Cost for interior door installation in Toronto?

What is the complete interior door installation price in Toronto?...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post May 19, 2016
Who to hire for room decoration?

Hi, It's hard to find someone to just decorate a couple of rooms because everyone seems to only do large jobs, basement renos, bathroom, etc. What kind of contractor do we hire to dec...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post February 8, 2016
Cost of structural engineer in Langley?

What is the average cost for a structural engineer in Langley?...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post February 8, 2016
Estimate on summer home improvements

Hi there, I am hoping to make various home improvements to my home this summer, and I am trying to budget for these services. What are the average estimates for the following services? - Regu...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post February 11, 2016
Estimate for lawn maintenance and snow removal

Hi there, I am wondering what the average estimates are for lawn maintenance and snow removal services. I realize that the estimates will largely vary upon request. However, what would be the averag...

Number of Responses 0 Date of Last Post February 6, 2016
Overgrown lawn maintenance cost

Lawn left to grow 2ft. long on 1 acre home lot. What would it cost to get lawn back to normal?...

Number of Responses 1 Date of Last Post February 7, 2016
How much does it cost to install a rough-in for basement bathroom?

How much does it cost to install a rough-in for basement bathroom? And how much would it cost to finish this washroom/bathroom?...

Number of Responses 5 Date of Last Post February 9, 2016
How much does it cost to extend a water line for fridge?

The sink is located in an island within the kitchen, infront of the fridge....

Number of Responses 4 Date of Last Post March 2, 2016
Where can I find multi coloured river rocks?

I am unable to find a store that will sell multi coloured river rocks (a combination of light brown + greyish +, white + spots of black, spots of pink etc, etc) I do not want...

Number of Responses 2 Date of Last Post February 6, 2016
Categories

Get quotes from top-rated contractors

x