- Search Your Location
- Popular Searches
- North York
- Richmond Hill
> Search all locations
> Browse for Pros by category
> Click here if you're a Trusted Professional
Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Richmond Hill homeowners have planned for their General Contracting projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 49 General Contracting projects posted by homeowners in Richmond Hill seeking the services of local General Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $3,098,000.00 with a per project average of $63,224.00.
If you're in need of a contractor for your General Contracting project, use our Job Posting Tool to get matched to local pros or browse our directory and Read Reviews of Richmond Hill General Contractors.
Compare General Contracting Budgets for the Surrounding Areas
|City||No. Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
* Partially finishing basement area with 2 separate rooms, a home gym and an open entertainment area.
* Finish landing and stairway to the basement
* Pot lights throughout and 2 cable TV hookups
* Looking for a general contractor to finish end to end including painting, flooring and electrical.
* Flooring to be different in gym and entertainment area. Looking for appropriate flooring for a home gym and either carpeting or laminate flooring in entertainment area.
* A directional floor plan has been provided (not 100% to scale) as well as pictured or the project area.
* Ducting, beams and natural gas lines will need to be worked around.
* Approximate floor area is 600 sq ft
Prefer to get approximate quotes via email before any follow up calls. Final quotes will vary based on level of finishing required so quote based on what details have been provided, we are only looking for an approximate quote. Contracted will be invited to view the space and prepare a final quote after initial approximate quote.
We are looking for a good quality but not break the bank price. We are just looking to extend the living area of our house with a family room and gym.
Please see the attachment for more details
Posted By: Chris | Budget: $5,000 - $20,000
We have an old house, just so you know. The basement is done, but needs some more big changes. I need to have the carpet removed and have laminate flooring put in. I also want to add a bedroom, basically adding one wall lwith drywall etc. There is a bedroom there already but I need another one. I also would like to add a bathroom, probably in the laundry room.
If anyone is interested in quoting me on this, I would appreciate it.
There is work that my husband and I can help in. We would remove the carpet and purchase our own flooring. We would also purchase the bathroom sink, shower etc. So that would not be included in the budget. Our budget depends on how we are doing the bathroom finishing, am not sure about that yet.
Posted By: Annette | Budget: $1,000 - $5,000
Demolish 75% of the walls on this 35' x 20' floor in this 50 yr old side-split. Build new walls to convert 4-bed into 3-bed and build a new bathroom. Raise the ceiling approx 2' in 15'x15' master, Have drawings. All new hardood, tiling, doors, closets, mouldings and baseboards, Electrical, 20 LED pot lights, a new 4'x4' skylight with mouldings and rope light, plumbing, minor HVAC or vacuum vents moving,
Posted By: Ali | Budget: $20,000 - $50,000
1. Gutting bedroom floor; 4 bed to 3 bed with new bath plus foyer, skylight
2. Enclose the porch (to provide for a powder room, expanded entry foyer, guest closet, LR, DR; remove the chimney;
3. Expand the kitchen into extg DR and add a skylight above and finally
4. Remove exiting family room - currently on columns with exposed floor (higher ceiling, bigger windows, better insulation, perhaps raising the floor). The family room is very cold right now. 30&squot; x 13&squot; sqft raised/overhanging family room addition built on 9&squot; high columns with back wall of house as one side, 30&squot; wide window wall to backyard, cathedral ceiling 10 to 12&squot; high; hardwood floor; insulated floor, walls, ceiling; HVAC extended, lighting, conduits/wiring for home theatre etc.
Drawings are parially complete; the rest will be completed in a week or two.
Posted By: Ali | Budget: $100,000 - $250,000
Pipe burst @ joint in false ceiling flooding second/first/ and crawlspace of 2 storey cottage style house ... house has been empty since during winter freezing and summer heat.. Crawlspace needs to be re -insulated plus plus-main flr requires new sub flr and leveling
HOUSE 1 1/2 Storey slope roof with attached second floor wood balcony...aluminum siding over wood. Located beside parkette which is lakeside.
DAMAGE house has been cleaned out to the 2x4's on the main floor except for kitchen walls cabinets and counter. Second floor has carpets removed /'some drywall damage/loose tapping on all surfaces/bathhroom walls,vanity,and floor require replacement/ bedrooms require general overhaul. Exterior -roof needs to be repaired and reshingled.
ROOM SIZES living room 26'10" x 10' 3" closet 3' x 4'
dining room 14' x 10'10" ceiling 8' flat
kitchen 13' x 8' 8"
foyer 7' 6" x 4'
bedroom 1 11' 5" x 8' 10" stairs 12
bedroom 2 20' x 12' 1" ceiling 7' 5" sloped
Posted By: me | Budget: Uncertain
home is a 2 year old custom bungalow, want to build a custom home office. Den has white oak hard wood floors and walls are freshly painted. Have plans already may need adjustments to plans. Would like to build out of maple or oak, want a granite or marble counter top complete with glass display doors. Want wrap around cabinets and counter top on 3 out of 4 walls.
Posted By: Rob | Budget: $5,000 - $20,000
Brans new house, still waiting for builder. Will close early 07. We are down sizing, from a double car garage detached to a single car, fully attached free hold townhouse. T/4, need space. Will have to buy a "shed" from Home Depot etc. But B4 we do decide for that, thougt mite as well, made a Solarium for the dual purpose of storage and a 'mini kitchen'. Do not want to install GAS cooking indoor. Will only consider OUTDOOR, We do NOT NEED BARBECUE, only need a gas burner to make soup (for somewhat long hour cooking, electricity is very expensive) . T/4, do not want to buy whole set of barbecue. A little counter made of Stainless Steel (for safety) to accomodate the burner and tank underneath, and a little sink & tap next to it, will serve the purpose. A window is needed. I can go there both in summer & winter time.
Posted By: Carol | Budget: $5,000 - $20,000
I need separate quotes for the following jobs:
(1) Exterior Door - I need a separate entrance opened up to the unfinished basement in my townhouse. The building is 4 years old with a brick exterior. The grading outside is level with the landing inside and the foundation is more than 4 feet from the property line. I will be providing you with the door and only need you to quote me on the labor of installing the door including insulation and trimming. Please provide this quote separately.
(2) Leveling Basement Floor - I need about 650 sqf of concrete basement floor leveled so that I can install proper flooring. Again, the leveling compound will be provided by me. Please quote this job separately.
(3) 3pc Bathroom - I need a 3pc bathroom build in the corner of the basement. This bathroom will have a toilet, sink, small vanity, mirror, ventilation, and stand-up shower. The floor will be ceramic tile, granite counter top, fiberglass shower base with tiled walls and glass door. The room will already be framed but you must drywall, seal, and trim. Quote must include all labor including plumbing but not electrical. I will provide all of the material. Please quote separately.
If you require to see the space or for any reason cannot provide an approximate estimate over email please DO NOT reply. If your policy is such that you will not accept materials provided by the homeowner DO NOT reply to this posting. I get a large discount on building materials and will be buying them myself. I need you to quote me on the cost of your labor for each of these jobs SEPARATELY.
Posted By: Ash | Budget: Uncertain
We have just bought a home and new a few renovation projects done. We would like quotation on a Deck; getting some cabinets and a countertop installed in the laundry room; finish the basement with one bedroom and three piece bathroom. We will be moving end of June; so need the work to start in July. Its a detached house about 2200 sq ft and it located North of Stouville Road on Bayview. This deck will be about 12€ x 16€ and about 4€ to 5€ above ground using pressure treated wood.
Posted By: Masuma | Budget: Uncertain
Just purchased home and have budget.
8 Year old townhouse, currently has flooring to be removed/carpet, approximate total house size = 1800Sq/Ft, need all of upper floor rooms done and main floor, likely about 1400sq/ft. Paint main floor and upper floor.
I also need to finish basement and put in new kitchen cabinet and appliances, but would like to start with the above first.
The house is in richmond hill near Yonge and Hwy 7
Floor plan attached
Posted By: Chris | Budget: $5,000 - $20,000
I would like to update kitchen and 3 bathrooms fresh paint, change entrance door and possibley change the tiles in the hallway and kitchen. the total square footage of the kitchen is about 400sq.ft i like to use materials that look good but inexpensive , the current site condition is livable/good.
The budget for this is between 5k in total
Posted By: sharlene | Budget: $1,000 - $5,000
We have an older bungalow (50 years) in Richmond Hill, that we would like to upgrade to a bungaloft. We also wish to extend the house forward in accordance with the city by-laws. Currently, the house is about 1000 sqft. If you offer complimentary consultations, please contact us. We are in the very preliminary stages of even deciding what it is we really want and would love to speak to someone that could take us in the right direction. Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Posted By: Sabira | Budget: $100,000 - $250,000
Need to add a 3 piece bathroom in upstairs bedroom. Put in wood flooring in 4 bedrooms upstairs dark stain.
Finish basement with a small kitchen and 3 piece bath (already roughed in), with 1 bedroom and the rest open concept. Drywalled and Laminate flooring, nothing fancy.
On main floor, stain existing wood floor (hallway, living room & dining room and family room) and staircase to upper hallway in dark stain.
I should mention that the home is 2900 square feet.
WORK NEEDS TO BE DONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME, AS PUTTING HOUSE FORE SALE.
Only responses with approximate pricing will be considered.
GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR BOTTOM PRICE.
Posted By: giselle | Budget: Uncertain
Kitchen is approx 10' x 15', new counter, granite or equivalent, new back splash, new sink, new tile floor. Move dishwasher and stove and hood, resurface or new cabinets.
Floor, replace tile floor in foyer, washroom, hall and kitchen, currently there are 356 1' x 1' tiles. Replace parquet floor with hardwood in dining room, approx 10' x 12' and living room, approx 10' x 20' and refinish the stairs. Replace baseboard.
Renovate bathroom, approx 6' x 7', new tile floor and around bath/shower, new tub, new cabinets, counter and vanity
The house is 25 years old and in good condition
Looking for some creative ideas, have a budget of 20k
Posted By: Ian | Budget: $5,000 - $20,000
Putting a laundry area into a second floor room. Proper floor drainage required to be tied into existing bathroom adjacent to location where laundry is to be located. All proper plumbing, venting through roof and tiling to finish the enclosed the floor area containing the drain.
Requirement of additional plywood subfloor to be attached to existing floor and joists to decrease vibration.
Posted By: Georgia | Budget: Uncertain
Would like to convert existing laundry room into a mud room and move laundry room to an existing bathroom upstairs (by the bedrooms). Require some electrical work and new vent (probably through the roof) for the dryer. Also need some built in cabinetry for the new mud room and new laundry room. Will probably remove a small wall in the new laundry room to connect to an existing closet. Require some demolition to the old bathroom to remove existing tiles etc.
Posted By: Angela | Budget: $5,000 - $20,000
We are looking to remove walls and a double-sided fireplace to make it more open concept. We would like to relocate the kitchen and family room. Plumbing, electrical, lighting, ducts will be affected.
While we're at it, maybe the hardwood floors should be replaced? Re sanded? If restrained too, the stairs will need to be addressed.
Then we would update the foyer flooring, renovate the powder room, and the mud room.
We would also like to move the laundry upstairs by creating a closet from part of a bedroom by the bathroom and update that whole bathroom.
We have an unfinished basement, house is around 2500sf, built 1997.
Posted By: Jamie | Budget: $50,000 - $100,000
1) Roof repair; change shingles
2) Bathroom renovations - new bathtub, vanity, toilet and tiles (including plumbing)
3) Replace existing furnace for high efficiency furnace.
On a budget, reasonably priced contractors only please. Please include detailed quote (dividing materials and labour) and expected amount time required to complete repairs.
Posted By: Jerry | Budget: Uncertain
We are currently building our freehold townhouse in the Richmon Hill area and are about to have our structural meeting (close date ETA is February 2016). We have a number of ideas and upgrades for that we would like to go with but are currently considering whether it's actually worth doing those with the builder or hiring someone to do them right after we close and before we move in. Overall these are the things we're looking for:
- Provide consultation for overall standard coloring selection for maximum value (avoid unnecessary upgrades that do not raise house value, or help with decision of which upgrades are easily done afterward vs. with builder)
- Throughout smooth ceiling
- Hardwood on second floor
- Update back-splash from builder's standard model
- Replace bathroom and Powder room tops (From vinyl to granite/marble)
- Replace certain tile areas (example: entrance, power room, from ceramic to granite)
- Build cabinetry for Ensuite, Entrance closet and Landry room
Further details and floor plans available on request, we are very flexible and patient in our project, looking more for a professional partner to help guide our ideas to achieve the best results.
Posted By: Mo | Budget: $20,000 - $50,000
Our company has purchased commercial/office unit in Richmond Hill.
The total area is appr. 1600 sq. ft., consists of 6 offices, reception, hallway, 2 washrooms. The time frame given: May 22 - 30.
We are looking for Contractor who is able to do the following:
1. Remove and dispose old carpets from floors.
2. New flooring: parquet or laminate.
3. Tiles in washrooms and front entrance, appr. 120 sq. ft.
4. Wall painting all over. Same with"drop ceiling", i.e. refresh/paint.
5. Some additional small tasks which must be done to refresh premises before moving in.
Please advise what is the approximate cost of materials and labour is involve and whether you're able to perform such project.
Posted By: Simon | Budget: Uncertain