Ever wonder what you're neighbours are doing to improve their homes? Discover what other Toronto homeowners have planned for their General Contracting projects by reading the details of their request for quotes below.
In total, TrustedPros has received 626 General Contracting projects posted by homeowners in Toronto seeking the services of local General Contractors. Total estimated value of these projects is $42,341,000.00 with a per project average of $67,637.00.
|City||#Projects||Total Value||Avg Budget|
I am at the beginning of a renovation project for a residential property in Toronto (west-end near high park). It is a 90 year old detached, ravine lot house. Our closing date is the end of May. We have have drawings from an interior architect and are getting engineering drawings and permits. In summary, the kitchen needs to be gutted; however, we already have our appliances, countertops, and cabinets picked and contracted out separately. The project will include the demolition, construction, changing the back window and door, floor matching, ceiling matching, power, and installation of a new fireplace/mantel/stone surround.
Could you provide an estimate of the costs for labour/installation and the alloted time needed for the items below.
1. Demolition: removal of ground floor walls, gas fireplace and kitchen cabinetry
2. *New structural supports: beams that coincide with the proposed design layout (i.e. support beams might need to be re-located if they interfere with the placement of the kitchen island). Support beams will need to be supplied by contractor. WAITING for ENGINEER DRAWINGS.**
3. *Framing, drywall, taping for new walls that are enclosing foyer. Wall patching where old door frames existed.
4. Finish carpentry: trim work for ground floor and door casing (wide with paneling) for entry from foyer
5. Prepping, supporting, and framing for the installation of new rear window and back door (including removing old sliding door and closing that space off- exterior brick work). The new window will span 11 feet and we would like the brick from the excavation to be used to fill in the area where the old sliding door existed.
6. Floors: the existing floors are oak and we would like to maintain them. Depending on the contractor's costs for sanding, matching, and re-finishing the floors, it might be more effective to remove and install brand new flooring. Could you price both options for comparison? Note: flooring will be provided by owners so estimate should include only labour and installation.
7. *Ceilings will need to be consistent in the space. Dry wall, taping, etc.
8. Lighting and Wiring*: new outlets in the kitchen and cable connection in the kitchen and family room. Installation of pot-lights (through out the space) and hanging lights (foyer, over the island, dining room).
9. *HVAC work: the chimney will need to be relocate to the side of the house and also connected to the new gas fireplace (we have a high efficiency forced air system)
10. Fireplace install and venting*.
11. Tiling the backsplash.
12. Installing the kitchen sink and faucet.
13. Installing the cabinetry for the kitchen and closets (can your team do this?)
*Building, venting, wiring, electrical materials will need to be provided by the contractor.
** I understand that you might need to see the engieers plans before an accurate price is given here. However, a range of pricing would be greatly apppreciated, we realize this pricing might be subject to change depending on how complicated the new supports might be.
Below is a list of items that will be provided (by the owners) to the contractor for installation:
A. Structural drawings
B. Kitchen: custom cabinetry, countertops, sink, hardware, appliances
C. Custom 11 foot window
D. Door for the rear of the house
F. Flooring if need be
H. Lighting (pot-lights, hanging lights)
J. Custom closets
K. Tiles for backsplash
L. Stone for fireplace surround
M. Fireplace mantel
1.) 3rd floor will need a bathroom and there is no existing one so demolition, framing, plumbing, electrical, drywall etc will need to be done.
2.) 1st floor existing kitchen needs updating and some walls have to be taken down and some put up.
3.) basement needs to be finished, new bathroom has been installed. 2 bedrooms needs to be added, walls ceilings, electrical, doors, floors are all need to be completed.
4.) house is vacant, can start asap if the price and company is right.
we have a heating contractor for the ducts, vents etc...
Changes to existing recent renovations
1. replace floors with hardwood throughout except kitchen and bathrooms (existing is parquet, carpet in master, some cheap engineered in small bedroom)
2. add matching crown moldings in hallway and 2 bedrooms, in skylight and augment exisitng crown mouldings in living/dining rooms;
3. remodel 2 bathrooms - replace tile/marble flooring, add 2 new travertine showers, add same flooring an heated floor, granite countertops; keep existing toilets, sinks, tub; remove claw footed tub in small bathroom; add new cabinetry and matching all panelling; add updated mirror lighting; install one new wall plug
4. increase height of 5 interior doorways, add new doors and add above standard door moldings
5. add cown molding above entranceway to height of new interior doors
6. replace existing 7 ceiling fixtures with pot lites and add 7 new pot lites)
7. install dining room chandalier
8. replace exisitng granite on kitchen island to bar size
9. install molding on walls
10. install shelving and drawers in hall closet and shelving in master closet
11. stack washer/dryer and build enclosed shelves in laundry room
12. add book shelves in 2nd bedroom
The unit is 806 square feet. It is a four storey, 1924 building. Here is what I need done:
1. Levelling the floors in all the rooms (including bathroom), except the kitchen.
2. Changing the baseboards and doorways to accommodate the levelling.
3. Making the closets bigger, one deeper and one wider.
4. Tiling, grouting the bathroom floors and walls. Install a new bathtub and toilet.
5. Changing one closet into a laundry site. Pulling the plumbing from the kitchen to said closet and widening the doorframe to accommodate the machine.
6. Changing the electrical panel to 24 breakers.
7. Tiling and grouting the closet with the washing machine.
8. Running electrical through the ceiling of the living room in order to install a ceiling fan. Drywalling the ceiling afterwards.
10. Installing ceiling fans in the two bedrooms.
I am looking for General Contractor with a valid license,who will do the entire renovations of my home
Renovations consist of...
Downstairs Floors - 1.Entryway 2. Bathroom 3. Kitchen...replace hardwood to tiling...
4. Living room &
5. Dining room...resurface existing hardwood....
Living room -replace crown molding,remove full length mirror and fix behind wall.
Dining room- replace crown moulding
Kitchen - replace counter top,replace sink to double sink,cabinet refacing,install back splash,replace light fixtures
Downstairs Bathroom - replace toilet,replace sink to pedestal sink...
Upstairs - stairs and hallway and 2 bedrooms,replace existing carpet to new carpet.
Upstairs Bathroom - replace existing floor tiles to new tiles,replace walls,remove vanity to pedestal sink,replace bathtub,replace bathtub surround,replace toilet,install new door,install new lighting fixtures.
Complete interior gut of a semi-detached house 1500 sf (basement sf is not included) in northyork. full gut of basement + ground + second.
Also requires new kitchen on ground, 1 new washroom to 2nd floor. nothing in house is re-usable. may require re-routing of plumbing, drains, will need new elec. board, and re-wire.
Also needs new windows, possibly larger windows by cutting bricks, and addition of new sunroom to back of building.
Looking to renovate an 90yr old victorian rowhouse in annex area of Toronto. Two 2nd floor rooms (1 bathroom approx 10' x 5', and 1 laundry room approx 13' x 6') plus a landing which leads to both (approx 5' x 5'). Collectively these areas constitute the entire back half of the house, which is covered by a (new) flat roof that has a deck on it. The walls and roof will need to be reinforced from the inside to ensure they are sufficiently strong to hold a hot tub that I may put on the deck at some point in future (along with the deck that is already there). As well, the floor of this area will have to be levelled (i expect the joists will have to be sistered), as it has an approximate 7 inch slope over it's approx 12' length. I may wish as well to have a new ceiling put in the 1st floor room that is under this 2nd floor area to be renovated. So the job is basically 2 rooms, the landing and the structural reinforcements/new insulation.
I'm not looking to relocate any fixtures in the bathroom, so I don't expect that any major plumbing will be required there. However some plumbing work may be required in the laundry room as I may wish to relocate the washing machine. Plus I will want to get water and hydro up to the deck.
I'm looking to use materials and finishes that match those which are in the front half of the 2nd floor of the house. Would like to salvage the existing moldings, they're originals. Will need light colored hardwood on the landing and in the laundry room (perhaps with tile where the washing machine is). Laundry room will need significant storage areas i.e. cupboards plus a closet. Bathroom will need full overhaul: new tub/shower, small vanity, medicine chest, toilet, light fixtures.
If possible, looking to have this done thru first 3 weeks of March.
Renovation of 2nd floor:
- turn the tiny guest room into a walk in closet (will need to tear down attached wall)
- gut the upstairs bathroom
- level and replace the hard wood floors
- possibly replace stair case to match new floors
If this is a job your company could take on, I would love to hear from you. I am looking for a company to begin this job August 8.
*If the job is done well, we are looking to re-do the kitchen shortly after!
*MUST LIKE DOGS
I would like to request for an estmate, possibly from 5 different contractors as my mortgage agent needs to know how much it will cost to renovate my unit.
The main concern is the kitchen and the floors then the washrooms. My kitchen has to be changed, my floors were stained five years ago but it didn't dry properly before my furnitures moved in, so my floor is blotched everywhere. We are looking to use laminate floors on the three bedroom and the living room, and the kitchen and washroom floors has to be changed as well as we have some ugly vinyl. We also would like to change our cabinet sliding doors to frosted glass and have our closet renovated a little bit hopefully with half shelves and half hanging area (not a walk-in). We want to remodel our 1 and a half bathrooms, too. We currently have blinds for our windows and we'd like to change them with double curtain rods so we can use regular curtains.
Pretty much this is it for now but we'd appreciate an honest quote with honest contractors who are proud of their jobs and will make our place a greater place to live in. Also, would you consider letting my husband help as he is very handy and hardworking. He has done a bit of construction work before and would like to get involved to save part of the cost. So, he'd be one of the assistants.
We are accepting bids from multiple vendors with very tight timelines. Based on the available details below - we are requesting your APPROXIMATE BID for this project. PLEASE NOTE - You will NOT be contacted without a ballpark estimated price quote. This will be our mechanism for short-listing vendors and determining an approximate budget for this project.
We prefer you have experience with commercial contracting - with insured, licensed professionals.
Further refinement of scope will be provided during the walkthrough to answer any questions you may have.
1) Build out kitchen in 3rd floor office building
2) Extend glass partition in board room
3) Work may include
Deadline For Submissions -
1) Shortlisted Vendors will be contacted for a site walkthorugh of facility for Monday December 2, 2013 thru Tuesday December 3, 2013. All vendor walkthroughs will be conducted on these days only. Schematics will provided to help you fine tune your bid.
2) Final vendor selection will be made Friday December 6th, 2013.
Work will commence Monday December 9th, 2013.
b) Ability to get the job done by mid-late January
New interior steel stud partitions with insulation, taped finished to underside of ceiling
Fill in existing drywall ceiling and bulkheads as shown
Supply and install 5pcs of plywood backing and patch
Patch wall in kitchen where millwork removed.
€ clear tempered glass wall w/ door - richilieu handle, €œu€ channel top/bottom -
Reinstall 2 doors + wall of glass
3/8€ tempered glass wall with €œu€ channel
€ clear tempered door lites (6-24€x72€)
Kitchen upper + Lower w/ full height pantry & p.lam backsplash
Kitchen island with p.lam base + corian top
6 data rough-ins
12 wall feeds for power and data
2 power poles for power and data
1 floor feed for the board room table
1 floor feed for the kitchen island
New addition on main floor + new garage + new 2nd storey on top of existing bungalow and on top of new garage
Project to start April 2012 in North York (DVP & York Mills area)
Need Quote for:
- slab Foundation for new areas, excavation for footings to tie into existing footings, slab for new garage, new porch, masonry work to extend existing 8 ft main floor concrete walls to 9 feet, new foundation walls
- all framing + installing roof trusses
- rough plumbing
We have already gotten quotes for electrical, windows, doors, roof, interior work, etc.
- Closing the door between living room and family room and one side drywall installation.
- Preparation of existing closet in the main floor for laundry application (Included plumbing and electrical)
- Change the door between living room and entrance Corridor.
- Framing and finishing wall between stairs and corridor and Opening a door.
- Framing and finishing wall and installing a door to create a room in basement.
- Creating a laundry area, furnace room, 3 piece bathroom and a kitchen in basement based on a prepared drawing.
Property lot is approx. 100*30
Currently bungalow is 900 sq ft and looking for an additional 2nd floor
Looking to redo the outside, give the house a newer look with either brick and/or stucco. Would like to learn the following options if you can support us:
Option 1: Design + Permits + Framing only without drywall, electrical, mechanical, plumbing etc.
We will need work required to complete the 2nd floor, including any structural reinforcements required + all exteriors (stucco on the outside and a stone facade on the front wall of the house).
Option 2: This is #1 with drywall, electrical, mechanical, plumbing etc. till the point it will clear inspection satisfactorily.
So basically what is left for us to do is floors, moulding and all cosmetic interior stuff including kitchens and washrooms.
Option 3: This is #2 + complete interior renovation the complete end to end job.
In the event you are chosen we will share picture of the project and current state for better understanding of the project.
Evaluation of technical and financial feasibility for Additions to and Renovation.
The house is currently is a small, possibly 75 year old, west-facing, 2 storied detached home on a plot of 50 by 180 lot. It is in Scarborough area in the vicinity of University of Toronto. The current built up area is about 1400 1500 sft excluding basement.
The features of the current home are as follows:
- Main floor has a living room, small dining area, kitchen, powder room
- Second floor has 4 small bedrooms and one washroom
- Basement has a 1 bedroom, small room, living area, and kitchen. Bath was added although the placement is in the rear and have to pass through kitchen, utility area and stacked laundry area to access it; Low celling height; Entrance is separate but entry is first into a common entrance space that houses another stacked laundry added few years ago and the power room
- Basement is dry
- The dining area opens into a rear deck area through a patio door and a deep lot in the rear (East)
- Single garage attached to the house to its left (south) with no direct access into the home. No built-up area above the garage
- Exterior is brick for ground floor and aluminum siding for the second floor
Desirable features by additions and renovations:
On ground floor
- Add family room with fire place
- If possible direct entry to new 2 car garage
- Renovate or change layout to kitchen and dining area and possibly main entrance to home
- Addition of a sunroom to the rear, making use of the existing rear deck (?)
- Renovate the powder room as may be required
On Second floor:
- Looking to retain 4 bedroom feature but need to increase size of the bedrooms to be at something like 13 ft by 12 ft if not larger. Prefer even larger for master bedroom
- Ensuite to master bedroom + an additional bath and/ or ensuite
- Adequate closet spaces to all bedrooms
- Preferably some living space and / or office space on the second floor
- If possible laundry on second floor
- If possible , access to rear lawn or deck from second floor
- Ideally like to have a 2 to 3 bedroom basement apartment with living room as there is good income potential due to University students. Possibly this may need excavating for additional foundation (?) and also to support the increase in additional built-up on GF and second floor as proposed above?. If additional excavation is expensive and not possible, then just limit to internal change in layout and renovation. Upgrade bath as may be required
- Covert the entire house to brick
- 2 car garage may need to bring the garage to front of the house subject to zonal restrictions wrt frontage
- Increase additional parking / drive way
Major changes foreseen:
Increase living space , as described in detail, to the rear of the current plot , either with or without additional excavation/foundation
Use of current 11 ft of width, currently occupied by single attached garage and no built-up above it
Conversion of semi brick house to full brick house
Layout changes in basement, ground floor and second floor
Additional baths/ en-suites and sunroom
- injecting a foundation crack (house is 6 years old)
- removal of temporary wood forms from ceiling of cold cellar as well and removal of mould - needs to be cleaned with TSP and water (it's started to crystallize and the tenants haven't noticed - I don't want them to either, discretion here!)
- replacement of sump pump in cold cellar
- sealing holes in garage from central vac, sporting good hooks
- there are two warped deckboards on a balcony patio
- there is loose tape on the fire separation wall that requires fixing in the attic
- there is loose and missing mortar on stone sill, needs to be filled with polyurethane caulk
- need a new vent installed in second level laundry room
- instal braided stainless steel supply hoses on the clothes washer
- instal flexible ribbed vent pipe noted on the clothes dryer, rigid metal elbows and pipe on the clothes dryer vent.
25 year old apartment that needs a total facelift.
1700 square feet, 6 room, two full bathrooms.
painting all rooms, halls, and ceilings
floor remove all carpeting and old floors and replace with wood floors
reface kitchen cabinets and counter tops with corian or stainless
washrooms gut and replace all components tub, vanity, toilet and tile.
Looking to renovate a two-level owned apartment (converted loft type space in a beautiful heritage building) in Cabbagetown in the months of April and May. The project involves the following: redesigning the main floor (approximately 600 square feet) to create a more functional layout that includes removing non structural walls, new flooring, new drywall, painting, finishing details and some plumbing and electrical. Ideally, this budget also includes a kitchen renovation upstairs. Please see possible revised floor plans in attachment (not to scale). Metrics are also included. Looking for a team who will take great care and pride in this project.
Demolition of entire kitchen and bathroom. Remove Doors
Patch and paint unit throughout
Install new kitchen cabinets, counter tops, sink and taps
Install new vanity, v counter top, sink and taps, tubs and accessories
Install floor tiles, back splash and tub surround
Install doors and hardware
We are an arts and community centre in Toronto. We have approximately a basement level events space of 600 sq feet that we want renovated with new modular lights, hardwood flooring, cement walls coverd in a thin layer of dry wall so we can hang art and installations easily, a trussing system for the ceiling to allow us to clip on modular light systems. We also currently have a tiled ceiling which we want removed so that we have the feel of more space. Also looking to have the wiring retrofited with more outlets, at our entertainment area to accomodate high powered sound systems for bands. We also have an office space thats approximately 500square feet which we want done with polished cement flooring, raised ceiling, dry wall partitions. Also lots of additions as well to our overall building structure such as rewiring of stairwell lights, adding more lights to critical exit stations, bathroom renovations, installation of hand dryers in the washrooms. We actually have a more detailed list with sizes of rooms and blueprints are available as well.
Recent home inspection identified several issues:
1. Baffles at soffit area required.
2. Install additional upper vents.
3. Reconfigure exhaust duct connection from bathrooms - use "Y type" connector.
4. Mould at front of attic - recommend treating.
5. Additional insulation recommended.
Post your project and let top-rated pros compete to get your business. Compare bids, read real customer reviews and hire the best contractor the first time.Click here to get started