Kitchen Cabinet Layout and Design the Heart and Soul of the Kitchen
Pictures hung on walls can compliment room decor and help pull other elements in the room together, or miss the mark entirely. The same is true when it comes to kitchen cabinetry. The right kitchen cabinet design, whether a custom made cabinet or purchased readymade from a cabinet manufacturer, can help create an attractive, warm, and inviting environment. One that makes mealtime preparation more enjoyable, and after meal cleanup seem less dreary a chore. Cabinets are the heart and soul of the kitchen. A well planned kitchen cabinet layout and design is not only visually stimulating and pleasing to the eye which experts say contributes to a happy, content frame of mind. Today's modern kitchen cabinet designs incorporate conveniences and space saving features so tasks can be performed faster and easier, with fewer steps.
New, Contemporary Kitchen Cabinet Features to Consider
Whether looking for a custom wood kitchen cabinet design, or one made from metal, take note of the following popular features that blend ease of use with space saving attributes:
- Pullout kitchen base cabinet drawers with peg-hole bottoms and pegs to custom-size areas. For keeping items such as plates, saucers, storage containers and other stackable items easily accessible; neatly in place.
- Kitchen wall cabinet doors that lift up, instead of opening sideways. A great feature, making available small, previously unused areas of the kitchen. Areas that lack space to accommodate opening a standard kitchen cabinet door.
- Long, narrow base cabinetry drawers that pull out; for pots and pans. With another, narrower pull out over the pots for the lids.
- Swing out base cupboards with shelving on the doors; increasing overall cupboard space and making item accessibility easier.
- Cutlery and utensil drawers with movable dividers and lift out trays.
- Under the corner counter lazy Susan components; with the addition of independent, free spinning smaller lazy Susans near the top that can be repositioned in height, according to need.
- Deep pull out base cabinetry drawers with slotted bottoms for vertical plate, bowl, or lid placement. A feature that removes the need to stack objects, which makes accessing a desired item awkward and time consuming.
- A kitchen cabinet pull out from under the counter to the floor that reveals a dry bar. With a separate upper pull out; sectioned for bar accessories and specialty glassware, such as martini and wine glasses.
- A wine cabinet pull out. Both sides of which holds bottles, with an upper shelf for glasses and corkscrew.
- Kitchen cabinet drawers with horizontal slotted butcher block knife holders; for safer storage and easier access of sharp knives. A great kitchen cabinet idea for households with small children; especially when utilizing a childproof safety feature device.
These type custom made kitchen cabinet features can easily be worked into your kitchen cabinet plans; making full use of available space, while helping to make kitchen related tasks easier and faster. Also consider ultra luxury custom kitchen cabinet design ideas. Such as furniture style kitchen cabinet components. Or, a stand-alone kitchen cabinet island; complete with butcher block top for chopping, a sink for rinsing off foods during meal preparation, and kitchen cabinet pantry storage below.
New Kitchen Cabinet Ideas that Fit any Size Family Budget
If purchasing new kitchen cabinets whether from a cabinet shop or custom cabinet maker seem out of reach due to budget constraints, don't despair. There are innovative ways to bring new life to old kitchen cabinetry; yielding impressive results that will greatly enhance your kitchen makeover. Even seemingly small details such as replacing old knobs with a new kitchen cabinet knob design can make a noticeable difference. Consider an antique kitchen cabinet design using products that create a distressed wood effect. The addition of an old-fashioned glass cabinet knob might be the perfect finishing touch! Purchasing quality used kitchen cabinet components in a design that compliments your decor is another option. Or, under cabinet lighting combined with a newly painted kitchen cabinet can bring modern kitchen cabinet appeal to older cabinets. Refacing kitchen cabinet efforts can go a long way in restoring the luster and appeal of an old wood kitchen cabinet. And, removing the inner panel of cabinet doors and replacing them with kitchen cabinet glass or Plexiglas is another cost-effective way to spruce up old cabinetry and perk up kitchen decor. If you already have a glass kitchen cabinet door design, fabric panels on tiny rods will brighten up the kitchen and hide cupboard clutter. Lattice panels or wire hardware cloth behind the glass is another option for an air of country charm. Removing cabinet doors from select upper cabinets reveals space inside and makes the kitchen appear larger. Paint the interior a rich or contrasting accent color for a designer touch. When removing doors from base cabinets, rustic willow baskets can take the place of drawers. Use for storing cooking utensils, pan lids, table linens, pot holders and aprons, or other items.
Setting New Kitchen Cabinet and Remodeling Plans into Action
Once you've decided whether to purchase new factory kitchen cabinets, custom made cabinet components, or have old refurbished, why not put your plans into action with the help of TrustedPros.ca? Even if all you require is kitchen cabinet resurfacing, hiring a professional will yield professional results and ensure project success. In addition, some of the customized features noted earlier could be incorporated into your old cabinets increasing storage space and convenience. Whether you're a homeowner with a kitchen cabinet Ontario project looking for a Canadian cabinet restorer, or live in Quebec and require the services of a Canada cabinet maker, TrustedPros.ca is the most effective resource available online or off. A free contractor-to-project-owner resource for homeowners with home renovation and remodeling projects. Post project needs online with our easy to use tools; receive bids from contractors competing with each other for the job. Reliable professionals ensuring the best service at the best price. Review credentials, portfolios, and references online 24/7; connect only with those contractors you are interested in or none at all. There is no obligation whatsoever, and services are free!Posted by: TrustedPros